Thread: The Green Gathering 2017

The Green Gathering 2017

The Green Gathering will be back on the first weekend in August (3rd-6th) 2017. It's really good
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Laid-back atmosphere, friendly vibe, eclectic music, lovely people, fascinating workshops, fab location, non-commercial organisation, all solar-powered - it's got pretty much everything!

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    are on sale at the mo (til they run out) - 85.

It's also got a new website where you can find out more, check out pics and video n stuff
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, gonga, Lightbringer, quintessence

Earlybirds are 85 until the end of Jan. All the latest GG news is here
    The following users think this post is groovy: quintessence

Today's the last day to get earlybird tickets for The Green Gathering - they're 85 including booking fee, not bad for a 4 day festie with soooo much going on!
    The following users think this post is groovy: GivingItThought

Hey I'm hoping that someone can give me some advice please. Based on this post I have checked out the website for The Green Gathering and it looks totally amazing. What have I been missing out on!!! OK so as none of my friends are into anything remotely hippy or free spirited I'm starting to feel very confined...but not anymore 😀.

I would love to volunteer at this agent but because I am a complete festival virgin could someone let me know before I complete an application:

The estimated spend I will need for the weekend, as there are no cash points?

Has anyone volunteered on here before, if so what did you think?

Do I have to pay for a car pass as I will be driving with my camping stuff?

Are there many single volunteers that turn up as I will be on my own so I don't want to feel singled out if its mainly a family and friends event?

Hi, only just seen this post, did you go ahead and get a crewing job at GG or if not are you still interested?
    It's very friendly and lots of people do turn up on their own. Try contacting
    or
    for a volunteer role

Originally Posted by Free.spirit
    Hey I'm hoping that someone can give me some advice please. Based on this post I have checked out the website for The Green Gathering and it looks totally amazing. What have I been missing out on!!! OK so as none of my friends are into anything remotely hippy or free spirited I'm starting to feel very confined...but not anymore .

I would love to volunteer at this agent but because I am a complete festival virgin could someone let me know before I complete an application:

The estimated spend I will need for the weekend, as there are no cash points?

Do I have to pay for a car pass as I will be driving with my camping stuff?

Are there many single volunteers that turn up as I will be on my own so I don't want to feel singled out if its mainly a family and friends event?
    I normally pay and go to this event, alough i did look into volounteering a few years back. I can honestly say that even though i go on my own i have never felt lonely or not part of it - quite the opposite. There are so many talks, work shops and stuff going on that from the yoga meet in the morning through to the free laughter workshops, sauna, talks on esoteric things, political talks, massages (donation only). I wouldn't want to go with a friend and i wouldn't want to volounteer as the ticket works out at about 21 a day and volountering would mean i'd probably miss out on some of the talks, workshops. Food is fairly okay priced - if not, there is a supermarket about 15 minutes walk away. Most people don't drink too much and just 'taking the air' in ceratin places gives enough of a hit.
    Everything is not normal.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, cricket, elfweirdigan, SpandangledKitti

Originally Posted by Free.spirit

I worked at this event three times, in its former incarnations at different sites. Once as a steward and twice on festival welfare. Completely positive memories of the event itself, the people running it and the organisation. And it was very easy to meet people both whilst working, and whilst just wandering about the event.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, Doppleganger

New on here,hi everyone,where is this gathering being held,many thanks

I've arrived here! Wow!
    Chepstow

Hey guys, thinking of going to this this year, looks like exactly my kind of thing. Anyone know if they're strict on minors going by themselves? Do they check ID on the gates?

-- Posted from the
    --

(specifically a 17y/o)

-- Posted from the
    --

I've arrived here! Wow!
    No idea but I would expect to be checked.

Depending on how athletic you are, it was easy last year to climb in through the woods. My mate did by studying Google Earth on his way from the train station.

-- Posted from the
    --

Ooh, well I am pretty athletic so might be an option haha. Did he climb in because he was underage or because he didn't he a ticket?

-- Posted from the
    --

I've arrived here! Wow!
    He randomly fancied turning up on Saturday morning as he was bored in Bristol! He got up at 5am and set off. Woke me up with a text at 8am saying he was on site.

Better luck than the year before with another friend down from Blackpool by train (and had an e- ticket) who's train was delayed and got in at 10.30pm. She arrived by taxi at the gate in the pouring rain with only her guitar at 11pm to be refused entry. Box office closes at 10pm and security just wouldn't let her in and suggested she get a hotel! (She was skint and soaked). We sorted it eventually after she phoned me in the van and I persuaded them that she was vulnerable as a woman alone with no money and no tent. They let her in at midnight after much crying from her. She was v wet and distressed esp after the 6 hr train journey.

So it can go either way!

-- Posted from the
    --

Ooh sounds nasty. Not sure if it's worth the risk seeing as I don't know the site at all and would be coming all the way from London for it. Actually that's a good question, where the hell is it?

-- Posted from the
    --