THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website is perpetually in arrears & will not survive without regular donations! Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do have over 18000 members & if just half of you donated we would never have to worry about money again. We value your support, so if you can afford it please stop us worrying by making a donation. There is a thread on running costs here.

Thread: Been asked to do some commissions

Been asked to do some commissions

I have to draw every day but it tends to be simple stuff and nothing I can really get my teeth into but I have had a few requests so I am looking forward to getting stuck in.

First one was for a Yamaha NS-10M Studio Monitor for a record producer.

I have a Series 1 land rover to do for one of my own project and I have load of birds for do for a hotel up in Hereford

Here is the first one.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    PⒶUL
    The following users think this post is groovy: Ecobob, NomadicRT, patchypete

That's cool, it's a bit flat, lacking atmosphere. It doesn't look real. Not sure what your client wants though. It's only my observation. Don't read anything into it.
    The following users think this post is groovy: aman

Transcending
    Multiple light sources and better shadow effects work well, unless your client wants something to integrate into software.

I use Rhino3d V5, it is able to set an image as "wallpaper", which makes it very quick to draw something like your speaker box.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by alices wonderland
    That's cool, it's a bit flat, lacking atmosphere. It doesn't look real. Not sure what your client wants though. It's only my observation. Don't read anything into it.
    He wanted a vector of the speaker straight on with no perspective a bit like a coloured technical drawing. I think he wants to be able to use the separate elements on their own sometimes. There was also a time limit as I was working to a budget so you can only do what you can do in the time I suppose.

He was very happy with it so i am happy.

Paul
    PⒶUL

That's all that matters. These days I'm so used to seeing digital images that look so life like. It can be difficult to tell what's real. Also the only good thing about fading eyesight is, I still look young in the mirror.
    I would like to see the birds when you've done them.
    I'm not so talented especially with computers. I did turn 70 pairs of mahogany seat legs for the VIP lounge at Heathrow airport once.

Everything you see in my images is drawn by me and not rendered by a computer. I just draw what I see so I don't change lighting angles or add lighting for instance.

There are a few examples of my work on

Paul
    PⒶUL
    The following users think this post is groovy: NomadicRT

Ah found it! Moderator FriedOnion's Avatar
    Got any bird examples?

Transcending

Originally Posted by aman
    Everything you see in my images is drawn by me and not rendered by a computer. I just draw what I see so I don't change lighting angles or add lighting for instance.

There are a few examples of my work on

Paul
    Nice work Paul, and very reasonable prices too.

Been asked to do some commissions

Fantastic, I love the vw picture

I will start on the birds this weekend. I have completed one which I did for them a few years ago and I will try and post that later today. It is on my other computer.

Paul
    PⒶUL

Found a copy of the Kingfisher. Not the best copy I must admit but it gives you an idea

Paul
    Last edited by aman; 25-11--2016 at 10:15 AM.
    PⒶUL

I really like the Kingfisher. It's got to be my favourite native bird for looks. To see one up close in good sunlight. They are just stunning.

Ah found it! Moderator FriedOnion's Avatar
    That's nice Paul, I think it needs something to sit on though, even if you cut the stick off.

I know what you mean but it was drawn to stand on their logo etc so never needed a branch.

They have just asked for a 1200mm high cut up version for a sign so I may have to give him a perch.

Paul
    PⒶUL