THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive without your donations! We have over 18000 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. We appreciate that not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do run at a loss - so if you can afford to help then please donate. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: The Long Awaited MWB Sprinter Build

great job, love the cooker and sink
    "The best way to get something done , is to begin "
    The following users think this post is groovy: Rick69

Heavenly Creature
    Nice job there, I like the table legs. Are you leaving the cooker surface mounted or recessing it so that the rings are flush with the work top?

Cheers Pete and vanwoman. Im going to leave both surface mounted, as it looks now. That way the cooker and bowl top are at roughly the same level which looks right. Also saves messing around heatproofing the cupboard etc!
    The following users think this post is groovy: patchypete, Sootyfoot

Nice one m8. Toby.

Heavenly Creature
    as been said cracking job mate

Turning On
    I wish I hadnt recessed my sink now!

Coming along nicely mate.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Rick69, Sootyfoot

Haven't got much done in the last week or so with work (lots of double time ) and the weather being shit.

Got my battery interconnect and earth cables crimped up and fitted, got a bit more woodwork done and got some of the celotex stuck to the ceiling. Got a new mattress for home so the old one is now in the van.

Whilst ive been inside due to the rain i have started on the lighting. Got loads of wombled and cheap (from auction) fittings, oil lamps etc. Also got some smd led panels and some small led bulbs from ebay so setting to combining them to make some lighting.

First to be completed was the bedside lamp. Old miners lamp with the base drilled for cable access, led lampholder and lamp hot glued into place. LEDs are too bright so opened up lamp and cut a piece of paper to fit inside glass. Reassembled and tried, diffuses the light great and will be enough to see in the van at night which is pretty much all i require. Will be switched from the bed so no switch required on the lamp. Also got a couple of other lights to convert for the main lighting. Pics to follow...
    The following users think this post is groovy: patchypete, realnutter, Sootyfoot

Right, this might all go tits up as im trying posting images from my tablet but here goes...

*Edited as it only posted 1 picture after i spent 15 minutes writing this post. If it doesn't work this time I'll sort it out tomorrow from my pc..

First off some images of the miners lamp that i mentioned in yesterdays post. Pretty obvious whats what so...

Then today i got some of the wood cladding done on the side wall and bulkhead. Stuck some floorboards together with pva and battens to make a worktop, but im not entirely happy with this (see bottom pics) as it's to clean looking for my liking with no contrast with the walls. Im going to make a pallet wood one tomorrow and see how it looks.

Pictures...

Last edited by Rick69; 04-01--2017 at 11:36 PM.
    The following users think this post is groovy: essexcamper, jonathanh1989, patchypete, realnutter, Sootyfoot, ursus, wanderingwill, wurzel

Well that painful episode has taught me that however inconvenient it is to turn my pc or laptop on is, its nothing compared to the heartache that fucking google and android make the alternative.

Its that bad I'd even consider posting from something running windows rather than android...

* actually, ignore the last sentence - put it down to red wine and frustration. Nothing is that bad.....
    The following users think this post is groovy: patchypete, Sootyfoot

im not using it at the moment but i have a tablet running windows 10 and its bloody good ..i dont get on with android at all ..forgot to say my tablet has a key board as well which i like its a linx tablet..

forgot too say keep up the good work mate

Quote Originally Posted by wanderingwill View Post
    im not using it at the moment but i have a tablet running windows 10...
    Has it crashed

So after last nights adventure in posting im back to posting from a linux pc - so much easier!

As I said in the last post I wasn't happy with the look of the floorboards so I removed them and cut, glued and screwed some pallet wood to fit. It looks much better, and once the sink, hob and a piece of stainless for a work surface are fitted you wont actually see that much of it. They will also hide the screws which is why I didn't mess about fitting and screwing everything from underneath.

As a consequence of this, if anyone wants a bit of worktop made of brand new floorboards glued together it's yours if you collect it, otherwise it's going in the fire!

Also extended the pallet wood round and along the bulkhead to form the start of a small cupboard. This will be ideal for tins, spices, tea, coffee etc and the space would only have been wasted.

Sink etc only placed in position ATM so the misuse could give the approval to the layout, will hopefully get fitted and plumbed tomorrow.

Pictures...

The following users think this post is groovy: essexcamper, jonathanh1989, patchypete, realnutter, ursus, wurzel

Sootyfoot has just reminded me posting in Paul's berlingo thread - my 5 litres of nato green paint arrived today!
    The following users think this post is groovy: Sootyfoot

Noobie
    I'm new to this but I'm enjoying seeing your build and I especially love your stove

Quote Originally Posted by Rick69 View Post
    So after last nights adventure in posting im back to posting from a linux pc - so much easier!

As I said in the last post I wasn't happy with the look of the floorboards so I removed them and cut, glued and screwed some pallet wood to fit. It looks much better, and once the sink, hob and a piece of stainless for a work surface are fitted you wont actually see that much of it. They will also hide the screws which is why I didn't mess about fitting and screwing everything from underneath.

As a consequence of this, if anyone wants a bit of worktop made of brand new floorboards glued together it's yours if you collect it, otherwise it's going in the fire!

Also extended the pallet wood round and along the bulkhead to form the start of a small cupboard. This will be ideal for tins, spices, tea, coffee etc and the space would only have been wasted.

Sink etc only placed in position ATM so the misuse could give the approval to the layout, will hopefully get fitted and plumbed tomorrow.

Pictures...

Your pictures are broke bro

Those Mountains that you're carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Quote Originally Posted by Sootyfoot View Post
    Your pictures are broke bro
    Strange I can see them in my post and your quoted reply? Broke for anyone else?

The curse of the NATO green
    just a simple guy
    The following users think this post is groovy: Rick69, Sootyfoot

Quote Originally Posted by Offgrid hero View Post
    The curse of the NATO green
    Paints not even on yet and the van is already invisible.

Success
    The following users think this post is groovy: Offgrid hero, patchypete, Sootyfoot

Quote Originally Posted by Rick69 View Post
    Paints not even on yet and the van is already invisible.

Success
    Pmsl!

Those Mountains that you're carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Well I logged onto photobucket and none of the albums showed up, no pics on here - logged out and back in and now they all appear to be there and here. Fuck knows what happened...

Anyone else see the pics or are they still gorn?
    Looks like it may be time to look at new photo hosting if this carries on.

Another half day once the rain hed stopped. Got the tap mounted, and cut out the hole for the basin. Mounted the basin by sticking with sikaflex and was halfway through drilling the holes for the hob when I remembered I hadn't fixed the battens for the cladding which were now behind the sink!

Pulled the sink off (ooh err!) and wiped up the sticky white mess (this isn't getting any better....) and fitted the battens. At the same time I put the cladding up whilst there was nothing in the way.

Refitted the sink for a second time, fitted the hob by fastening through the original holes with longer set screws and nylocs, thus keeping the original feet and leaving a gap underneath to stop heat transfer. Gas line still to do when I get some copper tube.

Then fitted the last bit of ply to the floor over the step for the sliding door - I am not going to need the door to open fully so took advantage of this wasted space. The reclaimed floor space will come in handy if I ever decide to fit an insurance approved gas heater! Originally I cut it with a nice curve then realised it would be a bastard of a job to fill in underneath with wood so it was removed and cut with straight(ish) lines as shown. Will hopefully get it all boxed in tomorrow.

Four Pictures (if they work - according to google photobucket has been shit slow for a couple of days)

The following users think this post is groovy: essexcamper, patchypete, ursus

Looking great, Rick!

I've gone right off photobucket... it's crap slow, and breaks my Ubuntu PC! There's a nice pic hosting service at

http://techpowerup.org

Great for quick one off pics - upload a pic, get a URL....

Cupboard and shelf unit framework finished, clad in pallet wood. Shelves fitted.

Pic if photofuckup works...

The following users think this post is groovy: essexcamper, nomis, patchypete, ursus