THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive without your donations! We have over 18000 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. We appreciate that not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do run at a loss - so if you can afford to help then please donate. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Spiritual awakening

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Itinerant_Genius
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Ive had some strange happenings in my life - So much so that I take it for granted somewhat.
    When I get a week or a month that nothing strange happens - That tends to be more unusual.
    I have to say that for the past 2 or 3 years Ive been getting an elevated accelerated sense of psychic activity, coincidences and sychronicity that happens on a very regular basis. So many stories that I could tell you... But i will save them for another day.
    But the strangest thing that I have had for the past 3 years is a feeling that I must learn Russian and damn well learn it fast and fluently. Ive never been to Russia and i have no russian friends or family.
    Coincidences with Russia keep coming up regular. I was flicking through Amazon online looking for a book, cant recall the name of the book i was looking for but it had sod all to do with russia... A thought popped into my head - Russia and the very next page i loked that clicked on to my feeds was a book by Vladimir ..... ( cant recall last name) Book was Ringing Cedars)
    Other things will happen. I will be thinking about russia and within a few seconds, a russian accent or speaker or singer will come on be aired on radio, or a russian will be on my screen as im watching something.
    I also have strange dreams that i can talk russian fluently.
    If im watching a movie with russian people in it i can understand a lot of what they are saying and i find this weird as ive only been learning russian a little here and there.
    How bizzare! Doesn't it encourage you more to learn Russian then? Please do tell some more stories! They fascinate me

Originally Posted by NomadicRT
    Ive had weird things happen to me since before i could properly talk and verbally describe them...visions premonitions dreams sense of forboding,lucid dreams voices visits from people i know who sre dead or dying and i still have them often..Ive mentioned a few things on other threads so im not going to retell them on this one too but i dont need convincing that we have psychic or paranormal abilities -or at least some of us naturally have and some become aware of , or that weve been here before in previous lives..I.dont try to over analyse them anymore as often their meaning is not immediately obvious until some time later like putting together a jigsaw.Also over analysing what parts of the messsge we have may lead usvto the wrong conclusions or stop us being open to other input so I just accept it for what it is....eventuslly it will become clear anyway.
    Some experiences ive had are pretty unnerving and precede real time events and i dont like those.
    Theyre both interesting and a curse psrtly becsuse i never know when theyre coming or exactly when bad stuff is going to happen which makes me feel unsettled for dsys or weeks.
    I think its probably inate in many of us but its regarded as too weird for mainsrream society thinking so a lot of gifted people hide or ignore their senses and eventually lose their ability to connect to anything.
    I think children and animals have a better connection to the paranormal and though they msy not seem to make sense sometimes we shouldnt ignore the message they try to give us no matter how bizarre.
    .I know as a child i found it profoundly frustrating that things i told of were dismissed as a "fertile imagination id grow out of " especially when i could see from.peoples reactions that they really knew i was genuinely having these dteams visions or premonitions but it was just too scary for them to accept.
    As for doing anything about 'awakening',you dont have to do anything specifically,just be open to them and listen to the messsge if there is one.
    Youll know what to do by the feeling it instills in you, but most times youll not need to know what to do youll just find youve acted instinctively without knowing the reason.
    The instinctive subconscious part of your brain is far older than the conscious thinking side and more reliable...trust your instincts.
    Thanks for that
    I'll stop trying to work it out but it's just frustrating lol

My girls nana died when they were tiny and about a year ago one of them told me they had seen nana. When we showed her a picture, she pointed and said nana :/ when I was a little girl I used to lay in bed and wake up to having someone brushing my face and hair, it was a very calm feeling and I'd just lay there. I think in my past life I've been a bird because I crave that life, I'll watch birds flying and it makes me cry and I wish that was me. I know I was a Victorian lady who lived in a stately home, finally as a child I had many arguments with my mum that I was adopted, that her and my dad aren't my parents.... maybe It was my past life or maybe my childhood was so shit that I wished they weren't lol

The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, NomadicRT

Tuning In
    I can truly concur with all the posts in this thread. My life has been one long series of occurances, happenings, weird events, coincidences, fates, intuitions, universal interventions of many descriptions and all things in between. I was considered as a weird abstract child by the adults around me, when i got to my twenties and finding my own way in the world, then the journey began, I didnt choose the journey, I took the omens and oppertunities that came along to create the start of it and since then its all been up to the universal energy - connectivity with a greater thing we humans can be aware of or whatever term you can give it, my heart and instincts have been my guide and the brain kind of interprets all this then I follow or dont wether its positive or negative.

Instinctually knowing where I need to be or not or what to do or not at any given time has been and is my guide, saviour etc etc. I trust it implicitly without questioning it and it has never done me wrong yet apart from when a lesson is needed or shown. I have avoided being in accidents by taking notice of I shouldnt leave a place just yet, have a brew etc then leave has happened. When I was horse drawn from 1994 to 2003, those years really finely tuned all this for me and showed me so much that it is irrefutably real and true for me. To me, my brain is my on board reciever and interpreter for all this not the creation and beginning of it.

The things that have happened and occured to me over the years is so incredible I am always in a humble state of recognition and honour to be in tune with my self and the surroundings I find my self in. If I ignore or go against the grain, boy do I ever know it, alarm bells an all that, ignore it at my peril.

Its second nature, its my normal.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, dollybassett, Lightbringer, milly, NomadicRT

Maybe I had one recently, after seeing many things about homelessness at the mo' I was thinking if somebody had a lorry or large vehicle that could be fitted out with sleeping pods, it would help several people at once, now I've just seen on fb that a guy on the IOW has bought a double decker and done just that
    Never judge someone by the opinion of others.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, cricket, dollybassett, Lightbringer, NomadicRT

Originally Posted by wurzel
    Maybe I had one recently, after seeing many things about homelessness at the mo' I was thinking if somebody had a lorry or large vehicle that could be fitted out with sleeping pods, it would help several people at once, now I've just seen on fb that a guy on the IOW has bought a double decker and done just that
    That's a fabulous idea

My spiritual journey has been a long one. I became a Christian at age 8, in my mom's Baptist church. The Catholic church borrowed me from the Baptist church at Christmas to sing one of their songs in Latin. I started singing in the Catholic folk choir when I was twelve, with a friend that was Catholic. I got married in a Catholic church at 18....divorced 6 months later. Went to Iran while I was in the army....met a beautiful Muslim that wanted to marry....didn't. Lived with the CHRIST BROTHERHOOD in Santa Fe NM. Read Ralm Das' book BE HERE NOW. Read Madam Blavasky's book THE SECRET DOCTRINE. Hung out with the Hari Krisna's at the rainbow gatherings....they brought an elephant once. Hung with some other Buddhists a few times. And just finished the book THE DEFINITIVE GUIDE FOR DUMMIES TO THE AKASHIC RECORD. So far, that was the best.