THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive without your donations! We have over 18000 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. We appreciate that not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do run at a loss - so if you can afford to help then please donate. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Thread: My miracle cure for Eczema

Noobie

My miracle cure for Eczema

When I was a kid and since about 17 I've had pretty annoying eczema on my hands, neck, elbows etc. And I've always 'managed' it using the stuff the Doctors prescribe, Diprobase, steriod creams, special shower gel etc.

But this year I've tried a few natural methods of managing it...

Shea Butter!!!

Why does the NHS prescribe all these chemicals when this 100% natural unrefined organic product works SO DAMN WELL?

1) my hands are always moisturised, even after washing them briefly
    2) the initial greasiness is about the same as my old moisturiser BUT it doesnt absorb so easily into cotton gloves
    3) redness completely gone + skin looks almost brand new
    4) no itchiness - even in the itchy/weeping phase I was in when I first started using it
    5) eczema hasn't flared up since very cold weather started again - always used to flare up in winter
    6) paid 12 for 1kg which will last 100 days as opposed to 8 X however many products I was using at the time
    7) smells way better!

sheabutter01.jpg

Anyone one else got any great natural methods for managing eczema? One thing shea butter hasn't been able to crack so well is the flare up on the back of my neck - think because my hair and clothes keep rubbing it off!! But its too cold to keep it exposed and even the cotton scarves rub off the shea butter...
    The following users think this post is groovy: Brynhyffryd, Duckman, dustydave

Heavenly Creature
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixie Dust View Post
    One thing shea butter hasn't been able to crack so well is the flare up on the back of my neck - think because my hair and clothes keep rubbing it off!! But its too cold to keep it exposed and even the cotton scarves rub off the shea butter...
    Try a hoodie, Pixie!

God I've wanted to say that for years!
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer

I've been using Aveeno skin relief (Shea butter and triple oat complex) for a recently acquired condition....condition resolved but I've been staying in more also so can't say for sure. It defo works out more expensive than your solution but not massively so if found in the bargain shops.

Skin calming Shea butter .....good share.

Have you tried topically applied coconut oil? For years I had tinea.The stuff from the chemist was partially effective at best. A few years ago it became much worse.I tried all sorts of things, until I tried coconut oil. There is all sorts of uses for stuff.
    We all lead different lives.

An old friends lad had bad eczema and blamed a lot of it's cause on their tap-water. It mostly cleared when he used Malvern spring water. He used to fill barrels of it from the free springs on the roadside.

On a personal note, I used to use shea butter bog role when it was offer at Morrissons. Didn't notice much difference to my butt though.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer, Pixie Dust

Noobie
    I have tried coconut oil but I've found it doesn't really absorb very well! I use it for lots of other things though! Its great isnt it!
    The following users think this post is groovy: Duckman

Hi Pixie,can you tell me where you brought yours from please?My daughter suffers from Eczema too so I would be grateful to be able to point her in the right direction.TIA

Ah found it! Moderator FriedOnion's Avatar
    I'll give this a try, thanks.

Iv not got eczema but have always had dry skin,untill i started having more coconut oil in my diet..il have a look in my study stuff see if theres an essential oil that you may be able to mix with the shea to help on your neck xx
    The following users think this post is groovy: Duckman

Geranium oil,only 1 or 2 drops in a jar of chea ,but good for skin rejuvenation,calming,antiseptic,too concentrated can cause irritation so patch test,also dont use in pregnancy just to be on the safe side xx

Noobie
    Sure! I got it from a local seller but Amazon also do 1kg for 12 pounds
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra

It may sound silly but a good friend of mine recommends a cold compress of cold cooked porridge. I've since found it on the Internet so it must be true. Seriously though, look it up.

Ah found it! Moderator FriedOnion's Avatar
    I haven't heard that but oats in the bath tub are a common suggestion. Water however is like acid on parts of my skin.