Thread: Standing Rock

Walking back to happiness ma bungo's Avatar

Standing Rock

GREAT NEWS !!!

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Brynhyffryd, NomadicRT, treeboy, Uncle jhad

Let's hope it stays that way.
    Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

Thanks Ma, that's brilliant. That's one crock of shite that's not had much publicity outside of the States, unless I've been watching the wrong channels, and was heading towards an almighty showdown which they wouldn't have been able to hide from the worlds view. There's going to be a whole lot of folks around the world going 'yesssss' at hearing the news.
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Not all who wander are lost

Originally Posted by Wulfie
    Thanks Ma, that's brilliant. That's one crock of shite that's not had much publicity outside of the States, unless I've been watching the wrong channels, and was heading towards an almighty showdown which they wouldn't have been able to hide from the worlds view. There's going to be a whole lot of folks around the world going 'yesssss' at hearing the news.

Not much in the media, but all over facebook like a rash
    Though seems the rash keeps getting doctored !

FB not all bad
    The following users think this post is groovy: marshlander, NomadicRT

It got my signatures on FB. If it hadn't been on there and shared by my wolfy friends I'd never have heard of it. I dare say the UK government had a finger in it being kept quiet here like a lot of things that could sour relationships. If they'd been black there would have been all sorts of shit right across the states but indigenous people, nooo, they just get shafted again. It's great that they won but they should never have been put in the position to have to fight for what is their right.
    The following users think this post is groovy: ma bungo, marshlander, NomadicRT, quintessence

At last some great news in 2016, It has been such a disgrace the way the unarmed water protectors have been treated, continuously assaulted, had chemicals sprayed in their faces, drenched with water in below freezing temperatures, a 13 year old girl shot in the head, a young woman had her lower arm blown apart by a grenade, a tribal elder nearly lost his life, and detainees locked in dog kennels. I only wish the decision had been made earlier, with Trump in office in less than a month it seems a fragile statement tbh I hope he cant overrule it.
    These the most persecuted race of people in history have finally won one.
    Maybe one day those fascist bastards who have inflicted all these atrocities will realise how badly they behaved and it will haunt them for the remainder of their days.

I'll raise a glass to Standing Rock tonight.
    Never judge someone by the opinion of others.
    The following users think this post is groovy: ma bungo, marshlander, quintessence, treeboy

Heavenly Creature
    That is good news! I heard abvout it on LBC radio.

Keep up the pressure. It's great that the Army Corps of Engineers was told to stand down and refuse the final permit, but that fight is nowhere near done.

For a start, the statement only said that they would consider different locations for the crossing of the Missouri and will do another environmental risk assessment. In other words, they want business as usual for the oil industry and they will greenwash it if possible to add legitimacy to the project. They will have done this hoping that if they can get the First Nations stood down, all they will have to do is beat a few hardcore environmentalists on some other site. They'll also be hoping that by the time this comes to pass media attention and mass support will have drifted away as the issue will be seen as resolved. The statement is potentially good news for the sacred sites they've been trying to destroy, but not so much if you believe all land is sacred and the potential for pollution of a major river is unacceptable.

The second thing that needs pointing out is that Energy Transfer Partners are intending to go ahead illegally, sod the permit and pay the fine. So the sacred sites at Standing Rock are still under threat.

The third major downer is that Trump has stated he will reverse this decision when he gets into office. He has investments in ETP, so he'll do whatever he can to see it go ahead as planned.

Also, tribal elders have requested that Sacred Stone camp be evacuated and run on a skeleton crew for the near future, because the sub zero temperatures are about to become a severe blizzard.

Sorry to bear bad news, but it's important that no-one sees this battle as 'won' just yet. The statement was a very calculated move designed to make folk complacent. And when people get complacent, the corporations clean up.

That arsehole Trump today signed off two oil pipelines. The battle is back on again or will be as Trump just does not give a shit about climate change or indigenous people. When it hits Farcebook ect please sign petitions against him and support the real Americans.

The following users think this post is groovy: quintessence

Heavenly Creature

Originally Posted by Wulfie
    That arsehole Trump today signed off two oil pipelines. The battle is back on again or will be as Trump just does not give a shit about climate change or indigenous people. When it hits Farcebook ect please sign petitions against him and support the real Americans.
    What makes you think he gives a shit about petitions?

I know it isn't a very nice thing to say but I wish the fuck somebody would shoot that twat right in his fat, smug face.
    Never judge someone by the opinion of others.
    The following users think this post is groovy: quintessence

The evictions of protesters, it's started

Not very loving but I'd just wish they'd hurry up and assassinate the cunt.
    The following users think this post is groovy: wurzel

Very sad state of affairs

Heavenly Creature itinerant child's Avatar
    Sarkozy did the same thing in france when overnight a load of romany gypsy sites were raided and the occupants of the caravans were all put on buses at gunpoint and taken back to romania.
    It transpired that there were quite a few french nationals amongst them.

I could picture it," please stop,I am french", " heard that one before,get on the fucking bus" !!

Trump is doing what many other fascist leaders have been doing,its just that he is far more in the lime light than the others so will be seen doing it,whereas the others have managed to stay below radar.
    anything is possible,that my friends is a mathematical certainty ;-)