THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive at the current donation rate! We currently have over 17000 members & if everyone donated we would never need to ask for money again. Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford it please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Thread: Is Wifi making me sick?

Sex
    Female

Is Wifi making me sick?

We have wifi in the house for phones and iPad but have now installed a wifi alarm as my next door neighbours house got broken into recently. Since the alarm has been installed I have had a fuzzy head, felt sick and dizzy and occasionally had a ringing noise in my ears. Could it be wifi overload making me ill and has anyone else had experience of this?

The truth is out there NomadicRT's Avatar
    Sex
    Male
    Not from wifi ...used to get horrible feeling in my head using portable radio at work....its all electromagnetic radiation so theres no guarantee wifi is totally harmless....you could turn it off and see if you feel better.
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Male
    Quote Originally Posted by Willowstars View Post
    We have wifi in the house for phones and iPad but have now installed a wifi alarm as my next door neighbours house got broken into recently. Since the alarm has been installed I have had a fuzzy head, felt sick and dizzy and occasionally had a ringing noise in my ears. Could it be wifi overload making me ill and has anyone else had experience of this?
    So try turning it off.

Yes, there are people who are allergic to this sort of radiation, and others who claim that there is no danger from them. You don't want to mess with this sort of radiation if you are sensitive.
    The following users think this post is groovy: NomadicRT

Jesus is not your friend Fire-Tree's Avatar
    Sex
    Female
    I've heard about it.

What makes you think it is the wifi? If you already had it installed, having an additional device connected shouldn't make a difference. People who I've encountered with this kind of sensitivity cannot, for example, manage to go into supermarkets and banks.

It may not be an external event. Sounds like you could have vertigo, which has similar symptoms. It can also start and stop randomly. My mother has a tendency towards it, and can be triggered by simply moving the table too fast.

Copy pasta of online symptoms:
    Symptoms of Vertigo

Vertigo is often triggered by a change in the position of your head.
    People with vertigo typically describe it as feeling like they are:

• Spinning
    • Tilting
    • Swaying
    • Unbalanced
    • Pulled to one direction

Other symptoms that may accompany vertigo include:

Symptoms can last a few minutes to a few hours or more and may come and go.
    Blog: Experiencing England in a car with no money

Tuning In
    Sex
    Female
    Highly unlikely. When they tested a lot of people who thought they were allergic to electromagnetic radiation, those people didn't react when they didn't know it was turned on. It does sound as if something is wrong though, I hope you find what it is.

Sex
    Male
    The following users think this post is groovy: Rick69

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Male
    The electro-magnetic smog we are all exposed to is a form of toxin, and can affect our being as much as any other toxin, especially at a quantum level. We all react differently to exposure to such toxins, and it is worse in bigger towns than say out in the countryside

- - - Updated - - -

The electro-magnetic smog we are all exposed to is a form of toxin, and can affect our being as much as any other toxin, especially at a quantum level. We all react differently to exposure to such toxins, and it is obviously worse in bigger towns than say out in the countryside
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, Itinerant_Genius, oldkeith

I think it is a real problem However- how do you resolve it?
    Everywhere or almost everywhere is littered with WIFI.
    UNCLE J has point about the countryside. When i lived in the countryside i didnt have any health problems.
    However since moving to an over populated area im finding that I have some issues with it.
    Best thing to do would be to put on a tin foil hat ( joking)

Minimise the wifi - turn it off when not in use. Keep bedroom free from all applicances like phones, laptops. Or at least switch them off before bed time. Hope you get better soon x

Sex
    Male
    Quote Originally Posted by realnutter View Post
    No.

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Male
    No? Wikipedia is well out of date. Check out these reports before coming to conclusions:
    http://www.bioinitiative.org/table-of-contents/

It is interesting that the permitted amount of emf exposure in the old soviet union was very much lower than in the West. Then and now. It is fine saying that such and such a level is okay, because it is below the permitted levels. But what if the permitted levels themselves are wrong? There are an enormous amount of vested interests that benefit immensely financially from these permitted levels remaining as they are.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Brynhyffryd, cricket, Itinerant_Genius

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Male
    The science hasn't caught up with the true cause - whatever it may be - of this phenomenom. Until then, low-grade scientists, medics and the Wikirati will continue to denigrate the sufferers. I will start listening when someone comes up with a cure. Until then, all I hear is the sound of science copping a deaf 'un.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer

Sex
    Male
    Don't be too quick to rule it out.
    They supposedly knew that asbestos dust was harmful in the 1920's but it wasn't banned for another 60 years.
    Any resemblance to actual persons living, dead, or undead, is purely coincidental