THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive without your donations! We have over 18000 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. We appreciate that not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do run at a loss - so if you can afford to help then please donate. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Here is the link to my SoundCloud page

Musical hippy dreadhead maddy harper's Avatar

Here is the link to my SoundCloud page

Here is the link to my SoundCloud page feedback is welcome

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Feel free
    Have a listen and tell me what you think

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

All the stuff that you hear on SoundCloud is all my work I recorded it myself next to equalised it I did everything it's annoying when your your rain sound engineer that is because where is the stop button
    I have actually ruined tracks in the past because I haven't known where the stop button is
    There is my zipper on their
    My nylon string heart is on there
    My gut string harp is on there to but you have to go quite far back through the pages to find her because the stuff I recorded with her goes back to 2014 I think
    There is also songs with my vocals on them
    There is a right to treasure trove of musical stuff on the plus is all my different flutes as well
    Enjoy and happy listening
    The following users think this post is groovy: gophangover, keep the faith, NomadicRT, Wulfie

Heavenly Creature itinerant child's Avatar
    Just had a quick sample of a dozen tracks or so,very nice music.

I shall give it all a bit more time next time I get a wifi connection.

I love listening to celtic based music,thank you for sharing xx
    anything is possible,that my friends is a mathematical certainty ;-)

It's beautiful enchanting sounds maddy. I was playing a sample and my baby girl left her mothers tit to investigate where this wonderful music was coming from.
    Ive come outside to listen to some more tracks. I don't want my daughter following the sounds you make and disappearing into a mountain side.
    Before I left the room, my 2 year old, said "more" x
    even a gypsy caravan is too much settling down.

Beautiful

Walking back to happiness ma bungo's Avatar
    Very nice , Mountain Cave reminded me of some Nepalese Folk Music I have heard

Heavenly Creature itinerant child's Avatar

Originally Posted by alices wonderland
    It's beautiful enchanting sounds maddy. I was playing a sample and my baby girl left her mothers tit to investigate where this wonderful music was coming from.
    Ive come outside to listen to some more tracks. I don't want my daughter following the sounds you make and disappearing into a mountain side.
    Before I left the room, my 2 year old, said "more" x
    would it make you leave her tit though ????????
    anything is possible,that my friends is a mathematical certainty ;-)

Heavenly Creature parrotandcrow's Avatar
    This is beautiful to listen to, Maddie. Thank you for giving us the link.

Easy on the ear, very soothing. Maybe time to have another go at learning my low whistle.
    Not all who wander are lost

You can definitely here at the Celtic influences that I had whilst I was learning the Scottish Harp it's sort of crossed over into the flutes and is my piano is really folky my singing isn't no that's more ballad like
    There are a couple of reggae tracks that I've done that have my vocals in them if you have a look for them of type what to look for
    If you type in Sorry my browser went mental
    Shot down
    or buy their gold
    or cool cat followed by maddy-harper-1/
    Last edited by maddy harper; 09-12--2016 at 06:22 PM.

it's nice to have somewhere where I can actually upload stuff so people can hear what stuff I have to live within my flipping had a little time
    It's actually a relief when it's uploaded to the next sternal server because it's no longer just on my hard drive I does my heading I woke up and I've got songs for Luke instructed while I've been asleep on tonight that's a live with
    It's really tiring as well actually if I'm honest composing music all the time I don't know

I have yet to record my Jade flute I got that on Monday but all I seem to be succeeding in doing is making really odd screeching noise has come out of it who dear screechy noises come out of it that's not good my guinea pigs don't like that well I don't really like that either my guinea pigs don't like it and neither do I
    But you have to start somewhere on any instrument regardless of what it is or what it's made of

It's a very nice flight but the problem with living stone is really heavily but I thought as I've got a crystal glass one am I will have one made of stone to go along with it Lol

Really enjoyed listening to them,will listen again via bluetooth via the laptop and stereo.Have you got any gigs coming up?

Lovely, will listen more later when home.

it's nice to be able to put my songs where other people can hear them but it's really annoying having music in your head 24 hours a day but if I didn't have it I'll probably be going well where the fuck is it I'm dammed if I write stuff and I'm dammed if I phone I can't bloody win
    I'm very privileged to not only be able to play instruments but also to be able to write for the instruments in question I think that's gods way of compensating me for my lack of sunlight or maybe it's the autism I have no idea or maybe it's both

oh my different flutes have different sound properties I have a Chinese bamboo flute a Japanese bamboo flute a south Indian bamboo flute then I have an Indian Rosewood flute and I have a rose with flu but I'm not entirely sure of its origin some trying to track it down I have an African Blackwood flute that's really heavy but it sounds beautiful African Blackwood Irish whistle is my concert flute which a solid silver bodywork with a gold headjoint in it then I have my student flu which is also silver but that's the practising on because it's not solid and then I have the two hearts what is nylon string and the other one is gut
    A 15 string wire strong sister she is beautiful she is she's really easy to carry around I can just put in a rucksack on my back I wish my other hearts were easier to move 15 why are string zither
    My Apple's dictation is being rubbish
    As usual

Lovely stuff Maddy...
    "I am not young enough to know everything."

I'm glad you like it

There is now a recording of my green jade flute on SoundCloud

The strengthening what is though when I lived in Scotland I did play Celtic stuff but it's not as Celtic as it is know that I have left Scotland so in some ways because I left Scotland music has gone were Scottish as a result it's really strange
    I guess it's because I'm no longer in my motherland so I feel like I need to preserve the Scottishness inside although my accent has as went really English because nobody could understand me so well I learnt how to make a kind of generic English accent which is the accent my head defaults to go on this I'm talking to Scottish person the accent that I actually here comes out of me as English
    Mind you I can do lots of different accents I've always been able to think it's got something to do with having your site and paying attention to her people talk blah blah blah

I had an accident with one of my wooden flutes the other day I've wrecked the Coke on one end of it again I think this is Fleet number three but I've had to have three conditions because it doesn't probably going to be sick of the sight of my bloody flute
    The amount of times I have wrecked the car on them has been on real
    Correction Cork
    I don't understand why they have to put cheap cork on expensive wooden flutes it makes no sense to me
    Lucky it only costs 20 to have a cork sorted out so it's not too expensive
    Lucky for me that it's not

I have got three different Chinese flutes in the last week
    Two of them are played like western concept flits so you play them sideways and the third one you played downwards but that one is the worlds longest flute it makes a concert flute look like a flute for midgets

I will be recording all three of them one of them is already on SoundCloud and the other one that aside on which I haven't recorded yet that's really pretty but the one I'm having the most difficulty with is the one you played down that way purely because the length it is plus there isn't a proper mouthpiece as such it's just like a very small slit in the bamboo that you have to blow across and down at the same time so it's a bastard
    I do love it though even if it is a stupid size ☺️

I also have Anita of American one coming on Saturday which is made out of ash and will not with turquoise put into it I didn't really want the turquoise but it's there and they have a really beautiful sound so I'm looking forward to that
    Correction native American
    Glad to see the apples dictation is being spectacularly rubbish as usual

My vertical Chinese flute is 2 inches short of the width of a single bed
    That's just pure madness