THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website is perpetually in arrears & will not survive without regular donations! Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do have over 18000 members & if just half of you donated we would never have to worry about money again. We value your support, so if you can afford it please stop us worrying by making a donation. There is a thread on running costs here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever seen (or experienced) a ghost?

Heavenly Creature
    When I was out with my first boyfriend, we used to go out to the park after dark.
    Once we were walking across the bowling green. Right in front of us there was a little old man, maybe in his 80s. As he walked towards us, he asked what time it was. I looked at my watch, and told him it was ten to midnight. He walked past us, and I commented there was nowhere somebody could have come from.
    We looked round, and he was gone! There was no way somebody his age could have sprinted over to the pavilion out of sight. We ran out of the park and didn't go back there again!
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, Ecobob, Lightbringer, nicklincs, wurzel

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by vanwoman84
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    When I was out with my first boyfriend, we used to go out to the park after dark.
    Once we were walking across the bowling green. Right in front of us there was a little old man, maybe in his 80s. As he walked towards us, he asked what time it was. I looked at my watch, and told him it was ten to midnight. He walked past us, and I commented there was nowhere somebody could have come from.
    We looked round, and he was gone! There was no way somebody his age could have sprinted over to the pavilion out of sight. We ran out of the park and didn't go back there again!
    What was he dressed like?
    We all lead different lives.

Rick I've spent over 25 years practising daily transcendental meditation, astral projection, shamanic journeying and other techniques to try to encourage my mediumship skills. I'm not gonna lie it hasn't come easily to me. And I'm still only a very crap medium as I have little control over what messages I receive, when and from whom... but I'm getting better, and it IS very comforting. I have no fear of death, or even fear of 'losing' loved ones.

Cobra - keep your eyes and ears open. It's possible there have been signs but you simply haven't recognised them.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, Lightbringer

I get 'visited' alot when I'm in bed, I'm currently trying to convince myself that its just sleep paralysis, but it always starts the same, I've had visits whilst drifting off to sleep, but I've had them when I've been fully asleep, to be awoken by a feeling of a current going through me. Not like pins and needles, but like a really painful electric shock that travels up from my feet. It feels like its stealing something, or absorbing something crucial. Whatever it is, its not friendly at all, and my boyfriend has had to help me several times to come out of the trance. Last time I woke him by trying to speak to him whilst 'locked in' he said i was awake, my eyes were open and I was crying/begging him to help me, and I clearly remembered it, so I don't think it was a dream. I've woken up, wide awake, before now because I can sense it in the room before the 'shocks/spasms start, and have watched it make imprints of weight on the bed.

When I was younger (5yrs-10), I used to be really frightened of mirrors, because apparently I used to see shadow figures in them, and recently (within the last five or six years) I've started seeing them again. They only flit past, but when you're in on your own, and both you and the dog look in the direction of movement, I know it cant just be me....

And the other day, I was awake, lying on my front in bed, looking at my phone, think I was on here, or fb, and it felt like something punched me really hard in between my shoulder blades. This scared the shit out of me, because I can say with all certainty I was not sleepy, or asleep, I was on my bed with the lights on.

This is not even factoring in the crazy bathroom light, that used to flicker like mad and turn off whenever I was in the bathroom, and yet no one else ever complained about the light, and we did ask friends when they were round. We even changed the bulb and checked the wiring....

But maybe I just have a hyper sensitive imagination and a sleep disorder lol? I hope its that, 'cos the idea of creepy dark entities when you were raised religious is terrifying xx
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, Lightbringer, NomadicRT

I can relate to the first paragraph , the electric current thing for me was an intense buzzing/vibration closely followed by what I imagine to be a real large nasty black cat type creature laying alongside me , all very lucid and ultimately I tried to scream or shout (I was living at my dads place at the time) no noise came out and i could not move , it got to the stage i was dreading going to sleep. I think it only lasted a few months but very nasty at the time .

Heavenly Creature

Originally Posted by Duckman
    What was he dressed like?
    Old fashioned, but not victorian or so long ago. No taller than me, flat cap, shirt and tie, long raincoat and casual slacks. Maybe 1950s? So at first glance relatively normal. If it hadn't been in the middle of the night and he disappeared!
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer

Originally Posted by Shroom
    I can relate to the first paragraph , the electric current thing for me was an intense buzzing/vibration closely followed by what I imagine to be a real large nasty black cat type creature laying alongside me , all very lucid and ultimately I tried to scream or shout (I was living at my dads place at the time) no noise came out and i could not move , it got to the stage i was dreading going to sleep. I think it only lasted a few months but very nasty at the time .
    Shroom, I'm so pleased it only lasted a few months for you. Xx

I've had the visits for years, but it was always fairly sporadic, like one every couple of months, but recently its been around once a week. I once woke up to see it stood in the middle of me, through the bed, just black, even though my bed faces my window, and we have a lamppost directly outside, so the bedroom is never that dark. And this thing was black as fuck....

I've tried everything, from sleeping tablets, to anti depressants, meditation, prayer.... The only thing that seems to help is staying up until its morning, and sleeping through the day.... It seems it visits less when the suns up. (although I have had them during early morning)

Its got to the point where I took a night job, so I don't have to go to bed at night for three days of the week, because I'm more likely to get woken up by the neighbours DIY than terrifying black thing during the day. I'm proper running on empty lately through lack of sleep. My boyfriend has agreed to come with me to a spiritualist church, I've never been to one before, but I'm hoping someone there may be able to help. And he's ordered me some sage for Christmas, as I'm going to try smudging the house, although, this is a last resort if I cant find someone who can help, as I've heard it can sometimes make things worse.

whitepoppy, i can help you, give me a bit and will get back to you
    The following users think this post is groovy: nicklincs

Originally Posted by dollybassett
    whitepoppy, i can help you, give me a bit and will get back to you
    Really? Thatd be most excellent and lovely of you Dolly. Any advice will be gratefully received. I'm going to try grab a couple of hours kip, as I came of a night shift this morning. I'm still up because I think I've started trying to keep myself awake on a subconscious level, like Nightmare on elm street lol. Xx

I have friends john and Linda who have been mediums for 5 or more decades and john was saying it really mad that people do a two week course these days and call themselves mediums and charge extorted fee,s where as he prefers donation to cover fuel costs. Another thing that astounds him and Linda that some mediums believe there is no negative or evil forces. He says some medium's have not only raised if that's the word, negative forces but also those of evil as well. Its not a word I hear him use very often about the spirit world.
    Whitepoppy if its any help will pm you there number once spoken to Linda and john.

Thing to remember is negative entities/energies run on fear, the more fearful you are the more energy the entity/energy will have and so it continues on a cycle.

You will need to start protecting yourself morning and evening and the way to do this is with angelic assistance, in another thread (i will need to find it) I gave lightbringer a protection prayer it is the the same one I use morning and night, I also have a cleansing prayer which I use I will scan it into my comp later and I want you to say that, morning and evening.

Cleansing Prayer - morning and evening

Protection Prayer - morning and evening

Then

When you go to bed I want you to put a column of sparkling, angelic and vibrant divine white light in your bedroom and ask that it fills your entire room, which cleanses and heal your entire bedroom and fills it with love, light and healing energy.

Also

ask Archangel Michael to stay with you during the night, ask him to put his sword, shield and protection around you to look after you and to keep you safe and protected as you sleep and to stay with you until you rise in the morning, also ask him to remove any negative or lower energies from your room and to remove them immediately.

If you wake up during the night and feel fearful just say 'my heart is filled with love, light and healing energy, I am safe and protected and ask Archangel Michael to connect with you to keep you safe and protected', by saying this it calms you down.

I will find the protection prayer and cleansing prayer, and I would suggest you write them down or print them off so you always have them to hand.

Just remember when you take the fear away and protect yourself the entity/energy can't touch you and will go away.

I will be back in a bit with both prayers.

whitepoppy - Protection Prayer

“I call on the Archangels and my Guides of 100% white light to remove all my negative earthbound attachments, all negative influences upon me, any dark entities, dark shields, dark energies, dark devices and dark connections from my mind, my body, my spirit, my aura, my soul and my silver cord.

Please remove these from my house, my garden, my neighbourhood, my place of work, my car, my friends, my children, my family, my pets, my world and dimension, and everything in them for infinity.

I ask the Archangels and my guides to locate and bring back any soul fragments I have left in any place and in any person. Please cleanse, heal and integrate them back into my soul.

Please surround me, fill me and shield me with the magnificent White Light of the Divine. Place a column of sparkling, angelic and vibrant Divine White Light above my head that fills my entire body and being which cleanses and heals every cell, and every organ of my body, mind and soul.

Please place a shield of Divine White Light with reflective spiritual mirrors facing OUTward all around me in every direction and dimension. (This shieldreflects back any negativity, negative energy, thoughts, curses or darkness aimed at you. This mirror bounces any negativity right back to the sender, which is instant Karma.) I ask that only love and light be able to penetrate this shield and enter my force field.

This reflective shield of Divine White Light fills, cleanses and protects my house, my garden, my neighbourhood, my car, my place of business, my children, my pets, my friends, my neighbours, my town, my county, my world and deflects any negative energy sent my way and sends it straight back to the sender.

I ask the Archangels and my guides of 100% white light to stay on guard around me, to protect me, my children, my family and my pets at all times and in all dimensions for as long as I exist.

Thank You Archangels and Guides for protecting me! And so it is.

LB say the above protection prayer morning and night and say out loud in a confident voice - if you can. You can also say the short morning and evening prayer also if you want to.

YOU MAY ALSO USE THIS MORNING PRAYER OF PROTECTION

I ask the Archangels and my Guides of 100% white light to surround me in a seamless bubble of Divine White Light so this bubble protects me throughout my day and only allows the Energy that is for my soul’s highest and best good to come through. May everything that I say and do come from unconditional love. So be it, it is done. Thank you.

EVENING PRAYER OF RELEASEMENT

I ask the Archangels and my Guides of 100% white light to remove and release any and all toxic, negative or unhealthy energy that is attached or inside of me and to remove it from my body immediately and return it to where it came. Please replace it with with the sparkling, vibrant White Light of the Divine. Thank You.

Originally Posted by milly
    I have friends john and Linda who have been mediums for 5 or more decades and john was saying it really mad that people do a two week course these days and call themselves mediums and charge extorted fee,s where as he prefers donation to cover fuel costs. Another thing that astounds him and Linda that some mediums believe there is no negative or evil forces. He says some medium's have not only raised if that's the word, negative forces but also those of evil as well. Its not a word I hear him use very often about the spirit world.
    Whitepoppy if its any help will pm you there number once spoken to Linda and john.
    Milly, that'd be real sweet of you. Just any advice, off anybody, on getting it to stop would be great, I was going to ask a priest, but apparently they don't really care if you don't practice 'the faith' anymore. And I don't really want to think its real, Id rather it just be a figment of an overactive imagination combined with sleep deprivation, but I really don't think its that, as I've had them since I was a child, its just becoming more and more frequent as I get older.

It stopped for a while when I got my dog, he used to be allowed to sleep on the foot of my bed, but when I moved in with my fella, he wasn't allowed in the bedroom anymore, and it started up again. Its strange as hell...
    The following users think this post is groovy: milly

Thankyou Dolly, I'll give it a try, although I'm going to feel odd speaking out loud on my own, when I have prayed before, its always in my head, I don't actually vocalise it cos I think I feel a bit daft. But in for a penny, in for a pound. X

I think at the time i put it down to a little brass ornamental piskie that I pocketed during a house clearance and hung on the wall at home , was before days of interwap but a bit of research at local library indicated it was Joan the Wad, I gave it away to a Danish friend , and I believe the 'dreams' stopped about then or soon after !!

Cleansing Prayer

I couldn't work out how to resize a scanned document, if you click on each link

1st link is one half of cleansing prayer
    2nd link is other half of cleansing prayer plus a short healing prayer(up to you if you say that one)

I am over protecting you so the entity/energy knows you mean business, saying prayers out loud shows you are confident and not not afraid - after a week or so you can just say it in your mind.

When you feel confident that it has gone away if you want to you can just say the cleansing prayer and protection prayer at night.

I always say cleansing prayer first then protection prayer.

I am sure this will help you I know it might seem like a faff but it will be worth it to be able to sleep and feel safe in your bed at night.

If the links don't work let me know and i will write it out for you.
    Last edited by dollybassett; 14-12--2016 at 02:16 PM.

White Poppy,I've experienced the mirror thing too,fairly regularly,which is abit scary.I see something in the corner of my eye moving,and quickly turn around to see nothing there.Scares the crap out of me at the time lol

I've had a life long interest in the unexplained and have visited places on anniversaries of sightings,killings and so forth.
    Not yet have I seen or indeed felt anything remarkable.
    At a seminar in Bristol in the mid 80s the speaker explained ghost sightings in a way that could make sense (I think)
    It was explained in a very similar way that an old SLR camera captures the picture.

I've visited many places in North Somerset where I was brought up until moving to Cornwall over 20 years ago.

Also on our list of visits were Stoke Park institute and Barrow Guerney home for the insane.

Frame.
    Poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another.

At a house yesterday my boss had a man say to her "going now" as we were leaving. It freaked her out and today I saw a cable move on its own, boss lady asked it to show its self somehow, even mentioning drain my energy
    I nearly passed out in the car, I sat and mumbled "all negative energy leave me now, angels put a barrier around me and protect me" It worked but then again I am exhausted but.... I didn't hear her ask it to take my energy until she told me she had :/

Heavenly Creature
    I lived in a flat in a building that was having major building work. It was a victorian block, so must have seen a lot of life.
    The flat opposite was under refurbishment, and one evening I saw a smartly dressed man with a leather briefcase leaving the flat. I took him to be an architect or project manager, as all of the workmen had left for the day.
    The next day I was going out, and the door opposite was open. There were no floors whatsoever in the flat! There was a board inside the door, other than that just joists. Aside from that, there was no power either.
    So, either the suited man was jumping from joist to joist in the dark, or he was floating above them......

Originally Posted by Rick69
    Glad someone else has asked. To be honest a few years ago i thought it was all bollocks, i was closed to the whole idea as well as to a lot of other things. Various things including events, circumstance, maturity and a new way of thinking have all led to me changing my life for the better.
    Ive been to various places including where my dad is but felt nothing, round old churches, woodlands, castles etc and although i appreciate the peace and beauty how do you open yourself to anything else? Id love to feel my dads presence again, even better to see him. Would be nice to feel spiritually satisfied within myself, is there a way to go about achieving this?
    I think if you try to hard,think.too much about whst you want to see its not likely it will happen..I rarely experience anything when i think about paranormal stuff,I cant will it to.happen it just does...almost always things hsppen when my minds clesr and/or meditating or distracted ..wide open and uncluttered i pick.up on alsorts of things.
    My mum.has been dead 11 years and she wss the one person id never seen or sensed until a couple of yesrs ago i was out walking my dog and standing watching the dog snuffling around and i heard someone say my name and it wss distinctly my mums voice amd.my dog looked up too....i was vaguely conscious of a lady stsnding a few yards awsy but when i turned there was no one,just my mums perfume in the air.
    My grsndfsther has sat by me too...i was sat on a bench reading s book last year and a silly riddle my gramps often said when he had had way too much to drink suddenly came into my head and i started to smile and his lsughter wss coming from.right next to me and i could feel someone sitting the side of me...momentarily.No one else around at all,but i know it was him.
    Just over a month ago a schoolfriend who ive not seen for 25 years died of cancer and i couldnt go to her funeral as i was ill.Two days after her funersl i was cooking my tea not even thinking about her and she was quite definitely in my trailer..standing in my bsthroom and i know it was her she was unmistakeable at 6'6" and ginger haired looking how she did when we all went drinking together .she just said 'hi sorry i missed you earlier ive been pretty busy hope youre better got to go now ''and she was gone
    Just keep an open mind..one day it will happen.
    Last edited by NomadicRT; 15-12--2016 at 02:09 AM.
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...
    The following users think this post is groovy: dollybassett, Rick69

Im not actually trying, its more than i dont feel anything - i hear people go on about feeling this or that in certain spaces and places yet when i visit i just dont get it. Whether that be a feeling of inner calm, joy or whatever its very rare that i feel any different to normal, kind of like when i was on ssri's - that feeling that everything is just meh..
    Looking back i spent a lot of years making other peoples and my own life miserable, ive done lots to address this and my life is better, im just looking for ways that i can make it feel better. My missus is into this and she went and saw someone a while ago who told her stuff that resonated with me, a few years ago id have dismissed the whole thing.
    At home the dog often stares up at one corner of the room and shell say is she there again boy. I dont say anything, but secretly if they are both feeling that then id love to be able to experience it too.

Sorry its off topic, i wonder if its worth a new thread..
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer, NomadicRT

Put it another way then,sometimes maybe we inadvertently tune our minds into the wrong wavelength so not open to receiving any input.....just a couple of eg's...im alwsys losing stuff five seconds after ive had things in my hand ,it drives me nuts. A few weeks ago i lost the padlock key to the farm gate and spent seversl hours turning my van and trsiler upside down looking for it.Pissed.off i made a coffee and sat down and empied my mind of everything as i would if i was meditating.After hslf an hour i just got up and wslked strsight acrosd the field im parked in to the other side of the field not thinking about anything.When i got almost to the opposite end of the firld i stopped.There wss the key in the grass.(I usually walk round the field every dsy for exercise and obviously id dropped it)....same happened eith a pair of tweezers id lost for 5 days and i walked straight out to find those in long grass 100metres from.my trailer ..id dropped them out my pocket while fetching wster i assume.

Ive had that uncanny ability since i was a kid...i went out in with s friend in a boat when i was sbout 10 he was a little older and his boat with seagull outboard snd we went across the estusry a couple of miles to do some fishing for mullet...On the wsy back the motor stopped -ran out of petrol - so friend fills up tsnk with spsre fuel can and promptly drops the fuel tsnk screw csp over the side snd it sinks into the 20ft deep murky wster. He resigns himself to the fsct its lost and we hesd bsck to the opposite side of the estuary where he lives.
    The following day tides almost right out and i ssid to my boating friend.lets go get your petrol csp,weve got time before the tide comes bsck.and he just looks at me like im.nuts.Anyway he decides to humour me tsking the piss sll the wsy across the mudflats about a mile till i stop and point snd his face fslls off with a clang ...there sitting on the sand is the.fuel.cap of his seagull outboard.

This happened at work.-just one of many similar weird occurrences

One bitter cold -4 winter night around 2am we got sent on a 999 to an unconscious msle in s church yard...when we got there the drunk caller had left the scene and two police officers alresdy there hsd searched the grounds and found no one so they met us at the gate and said our services werent required..so we informed our control and drove off....I had a sudden deathly cold shiver and could see coloured lights chsnging in my mind so i told my collesgue we must go back to the churchysrd and he cussed but reluctsntly turned round and drove bsck moaning 'i suppose this is one of your fuckin intuitions sgsin'...police were bemused snd insisted theyd sesrched but i ssid theyd missed something and i just went off across the grsveysrd about 150 metres to a beech hedge snd there undernesth wss the unconcious guy lying with his fsce agsunst some rsilings facng the mainroad and the set of traffic lights on the junction.Hed got hypothermia and out cold....ive no incling why i had thst sense or went bsck but something sent me back.

Like i ssid ,I think you have to be tuned in.on the right wsvelength.Im.not alwsys but when i am.scary stuff hsppens.
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...
    The following users think this post is groovy: dollybassett, Lightbringer, Rick69

Originally Posted by NomadicRT
    Put it another way then,sometimes maybe we inadvertently tune our minds into the wrong wavelength so not open to receiving any input.....just a couple of eg's...im alwsys losing stuff five seconds after ive had things in my hand ,it drives me nuts. A few weeks ago i lost the padlock key to the farm gate and spent seversl hours turning my van and trsiler upside down looking for it.Pissed.off i made a coffee and sat down and empied my mind of everything as i would if i was meditating.After hslf an hour i just got up and wslked strsight acrosd the field im parked in to the other side of the field not thinking about anything.When i got almost to the opposite end of the firld i stopped.There wss the key in the grass.(I usually walk round the field every dsy for exercise and obviously id dropped it)....same happened eith a pair of tweezers id lost for 5 days and i walked straight out to find those in long grass 100metres from.my trailer ..id dropped them out my pocket while fetching wster i assume.

Ive had that uncanny ability since i was a kid...i went out in with s friend in a boat when i was sbout 10 he was a little older and his boat with seagull outboard snd we went across the estusry a couple of miles to do some fishing for mullet...On the wsy back the motor stopped -ran out of petrol - so friend fills up tsnk with spsre fuel can and promptly drops the fuel tsnk screw csp over the side snd it sinks into the 20ft deep murky wster. He resigns himself to the fsct its lost and we hesd bsck to the opposite side of the estuary where he lives.
    The following day tides almost right out and i ssid to my boating friend.lets go get your petrol csp,weve got time before the tide comes bsck.and he just looks at me like im.nuts.Anyway he decides to humour me tsking the piss sll the wsy across the mudflats about a mile till i stop and point snd his face fslls off with a clang ...there sitting on the sand is the.fuel.cap of his seagull outboard.

This happened at work.-just one of many similar weird occurrences

One bitter cold -4 winter night around 2am we got sent on a 999 to an unconscious msle in s church yard...when we got there the drunk caller had left the scene and two police officers alresdy there hsd searched the grounds and found no one so they met us at the gate and said our services werent required..so we informed our control and drove off....I had a sudden deathly cold shiver and could see coloured lights chsnging in my mind so i told my collesgue we must go back to the churchysrd and he cussed but reluctsntly turned round and drove bsck moaning 'i suppose this is one of your fuckin intuitions sgsin'...police were bemused snd insisted theyd sesrched but i ssid theyd missed something and i just went off across the grsveysrd about 150 metres to a beech hedge snd there undernesth wss the unconcious guy lying with his fsce agsunst some rsilings facng the mainroad and the set of traffic lights on the junction.Hed got hypothermia and out cold....ive no incling why i had thst sense or went bsck but something sent me back.

Like i ssid ,I think you have to be tuned in.on the right wsvelength.Im.not alwsys but when i am.scary stuff hsppens.

Isn't it lovely being weird
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer, Rick69