THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive at the current donation rate! We currently have over 17000 members & if everyone donated we would never need to ask for money again. Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford it please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever seen (or experienced) a ghost?

Sex
    Male

Have you ever seen (or experienced) a ghost?

Just a thought , have you seen or experienced any ghostly phenomena, that you just can't explain?
    Any resemblance to actual persons living, dead, or undead, is purely coincidental

Yes, but you'll have to wait till I got time to answer 😝

The truth is out there NomadicRT's Avatar
    Sex
    Male
    Yes..ive seen and do see lots of odd things,ive walked through them.or they passed by or through me.I know my old dog seen them too..but.what to csll them i dont know..i dont.like the term ghost...just inexpicable phenomena will do me.
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...
    The following users think this post is groovy: dollybassett, wurzel

Sex
    Male
    Inexpiable phenomena will do then.
    I have experienced un-easy feelings assosiated with certain places,One experience that comes to mind, I must have been about 10 or 11, some do or party or something was on in the village hall. I was wandering around as kids do and found the back room and went in there. I immediately felt a sense of evil, so much so that I just had to get out of there quick. Who knows what went on there in the past.

Another time was quite different, whilst staying at a friends house, in the old front room (it was a Victorian 2 up 2 down house) I was awake at an early hour, (maybe 5 or 6 am) and witnessed a male figure walk into the room and sit down on a chair, I watched him for a few seconds then it faded. It was an amazing sense of calmness and I was not frightened at all, in fact it was quite a surreal and a very peaceful experience.
    Any resemblance to actual persons living, dead, or undead, is purely coincidental
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, dollybassett, nicklincs, wurzel

Sex
    Male
    I was at a hotel where there was a weddng reception in the one wing and i was sitting reading the paper and hotel reception came asked me if id seen a photogrspher come in as thry were wsiting for him....i ssid no but msybe the guy over there has as hes been here sges and can see the door better than me and pointed to him and the hotel guy ssid there isnt anyone there.
    The following users think this post is groovy: dollybassett, wurzel

Sex
    Male
    A phantom guest perhaps?
    I used to work in an old manor which was used for weddings and conferences and that.
    Anyway the head chef who lived there part of the time told me, that whilst in the kitchen one night, he heard what he described as the sound of someone dragging a table across a room upstairs. He assumed it was the manager as he lived nearby and thought nothing of it.
    The next day he asked the manager about it only to be told that he was not in the building at the time and the place was empty.
    The following users think this post is groovy: dollybassett, nicklincs, wurzel

Sex
    Female
    At a spiritualist church someone hit me whilst my friend who hung herself was mentioned, it was if I was surrounded by a barrier and they hit it :/ my grandparents have seen a ghost in their house, my stairs we're haunted by a negative thing :/ I've felt someone put their lips to mine and suck the energy out of me. I'd love to see a ghost though.

The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, Ecobob, wurzel

Sex
    Male

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Ecobob
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Just a thought , have you seen or experienced any ghostly phenomena, that you just can't explain?
    No, I don't believe in ghosts but love ghost stories and horror films.
    What i laugh at is all the crazy equipment that they sell that can help you detect a ghost. It's all expensive and useless.

Sex
    Male
    A lot of the equipment is expensive and a lot of it works as it should,its already been designed for ligitimate purposes in industry...detecting EMF, temperature fluctuations infra red cameras etc etc and been repurposed and cleverly marketed by the 'ghosthunting' industry but theres absolutely no proof any of the results are to do with paranormal activity.....most are just natural normal background activity but because most people dont know about how the air trmpersture naturslly fluctuates around a given space or that EMF constantly chsnges around you both eminating from the Earth and space or that the air is full.of high speed rsdioactive particles and cosmic rays thst may cause us to see things,they tend to believe that its all down to ghostly activity.
    I see lots of weirdness but id be last to say cstegoricslly its ghostly activity.Theres lots we dont know about the workings of the natural world snd what can be sensed by humsns or animals and the workings of the human brain
    I have to say i get seriously pissed off with the so cslled paranormal investigation industry and hyped media docu claptrsp it produces because it contaminates the serious scientific investigations into things we've only a rudimentary understanding of, in the same way the UFO conspiracy community makes a mockery of studies into meteorological and geological phenomena that sre natural but rare events thst they then clsim as evidence of alien activity or government conspiracy.
    You also dont need to spend a fortune on 'ghost hunting' equipment.Your mobile phonenis capable of detecting EMF levels and just require a free app to allow it to display the readings and their are dirt cheap infra red cameras and thermal measuring devices.Its just become a racket for the charlatans and unscrupulous to exploit
    I know what i see or have seen,I know theyre real, I know some were definitely not.my imagination as.my dogs or cats and sometimes snother person have been aware of the same things.... theyre just inexplicable phenomena to me ,not ghosts,but i dont rule out the possibility.
    Last edited by NomadicRT; 10-12--2016 at 06:46 PM.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Ecobob, Lightbringer

Originally Posted by Lightbringer
    At a spiritualist church someone hit me whilst my friend who hung herself was mentioned, it was if I was surrounded by a barrier and they hit it :/ my grandparents have seen a ghost in their house, my stairs we're haunted by a negative thing :/ I've felt someone put their lips to mine and suck the energy out of me. I'd love to see a ghost though.
    You need to use a protection prayer morning and night LB, it will keep any negative energy away.

Sex
    Female

Originally Posted by dollybassett
    You need to use a protection prayer morning and night LB, it will keep any negative energy away.
    Can you recommend one? I did the cleansing last month but think I'm going to have to do it more regularly

Originally Posted by Lightbringer
    Can you recommend one? I did the cleansing last month but think I'm going to have to do it more regularly
    I will sort one for you in a bit
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer

“I call on the Archangels and my Guides of 100% white light to remove all my negative earthbound attachments, all negative influences upon me, any dark entities, dark shields, dark energies, dark devices and dark connections from my mind, my body, my spirit, my aura, my soul and my silver cord.

Please remove these from my house, my garden, my neighbourhood, my place of work, my car, my friends, my children, my family, my pets, my world and dimension, and everything in them for infinity.

I ask the Archangels and my guides to locate and bring back any soul fragments I have left in any place and in any person. Please cleanse, heal and integrate them back into my soul.

Please surround me, fill me and shield me with the magnificent White Light of the Divine. Place a column of sparkling, angelic and vibrant Divine White Light above my head that fills my entire body and being which cleanses and heals every cell, and every organ of my body, mind and soul.

Please place a shield of Divine White Light with reflective spiritual mirrors facing OUTward all around me in every direction and dimension. (This shieldreflects back any negativity, negative energy, thoughts, curses or darkness aimed at you. This mirror bounces any negativity right back to the sender, which is instant Karma.) I ask that only love and light be able to penetrate this shield and enter my force field.

This reflective shield of Divine White Light fills, cleanses and protects my house, my garden, my neighbourhood, my car, my place of business, my children, my pets, my friends, my neighbours, my town, my county, my world and deflects any negative energy sent my way and sends it straight back to the sender.

I ask the Archangels and my guides of 100% white light to stay on guard around me, to protect me, my children, my family and my pets at all times and in all dimensions for as long as I exist.

Thank You Archangels and Guides for protecting me! And so it is.

LB say the above protection prayer morning and night and say out loud in a confident voice - if you can. You can also say the short morning and evening prayer also if you want to.

YOU MAY ALSO USE THIS MORNING PRAYER OF PROTECTION

I ask the Archangels and my Guides of 100% white light to surround me in a seamless bubble of Divine White Light so this bubble protects me throughout my day and only allows the Energy that is for my soul’s highest and best good to come through. May everything that I say and do come from unconditional love. So be it, it is done. Thank you.

EVENING PRAYER OF RELEASEMENT

I ask the Archangels and my Guides of 100% white light to remove and release any and all toxic, negative or unhealthy energy that is attached or inside of me and to remove it from my body immediately and return it to where it came. Please replace it with with the sparkling, vibrant White Light of the Divine. Thank You.

The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer, nicklincs, Petew

Sex
    Female
    Thank you dolly x

Sex
    Male
    Couple of years back I was working away and my client put me up in a B&B for the night. She used to clean rooms there, it was an old pub with a lovely wolfhound downstairs. Even though there were no other guests the landlord took me to a room on the top floor - apparently the first floor rooms were between cleans and the cleaner was away. I got an incredibly sketchy vibe off my room and bathroom, to the point where I'd avoid turning my back on a door or open space. Sitting in my room I became aware of a female presence in front of me by the door. Nothing I could see with my eyes but I got a really strong impression of her. She had a lot of negativity and I found her really scary so I pushed out my energies to fill the room, put some runes around the door, floor and ceiling and told her in no uncertain terms to fuck off - it was my space for the night and she wasn't welcome.

Had a great night's sleep and no bother after that. My client picked me up in the morning and asked how my night was. I told her I'd slept well but actually found the place really creepy, though I didn't mention specifics.

"Wait," she said. "What floor did they put you on?"
    I told her.
    "Oh my god! I can't believe they put you on the top floor! Yeah, her name's Emily."
    The following users think this post is groovy: dollybassett, Duckman, Ecobob, Fire-Tree, Lightbringer, Petew, wurzel

Sex
    Female
    Ohh I love real ghost stories

Heavenly Creature parrotandcrow's Avatar
    Sex
    Female
    I've been aware of many presences, but the most obvious was a couple of years back, when all the clan had gathered at my parents' house for Christmas. I was standing by the door of the front room, when my dad came through the front door, stopped and looked in at us. It was absolutely normal, until I remembered that my dad had died several years earlier. I remember the shock (but not fear, as it was my dad).

I must have blanched as my sis in law asked me if I was ok. I told her I'd just seen my dad, and she said, "You poor thing". I didn't feel like a poor thing though, I was grateful to see my dad again, on this side.

I just wish I had had the presence of mind to smile and welcome him, rather than to turn white and mute.
    The following users think this post is groovy: dollybassett, Ecobob, nicklincs, NomadicRT, skyraven, wurzel

Sex
    Female

Originally Posted by parrotandcrow
    I've been aware of many presences, but the most obvious was a couple of years back, when all the clan had gathered at my parents' house for Christmas. I was standing by the door of the front room, when my dad came through the front door, stopped and looked in at us. It was absolutely normal, until I remembered that my dad had died several years earlier. I remember the shock (but not fear, as it was my dad).

I must have blanched as my sis in law asked me if I was ok. I told her I'd just seen my dad, and she said, "You poor thing". I didn't feel like a poor thing though, I was grateful to see my dad again, on this side.

I just wish I had had the presence of mind to smile and welcome him, rather than to turn white and mute.
    Aww how lovely that he came to see you at Christmas
    The following users think this post is groovy: nicklincs, parrotandcrow

Sex
    Male
    I have seen stuff a couple of times as mentioned in other threads over the years. There was a little boy of about 2 years of age, the first time he was just stood at the side of the bed staring at me, the second time I awoke and looked to my side, from where I was lying I could see straight down the landing, the same little lad was skipping towards me, after about 4 skips he appeared back where he started and off he went skipping again, this happened a few times, behind him was a woman standing and smiling whom I presumed to be his mother.

Another time I had a very vivid dream, where a knock on the door had woken me, I went downstairs , opened the door to see a man dressed in old style working class clothes, kind of like a donkey jacket and very large flat cap, he was leaning on a small sandstone wall at the side of our house (where we had a big wooden gate). He said to me that my dog had been worrying his mates fowl and that he was after a dog like that and that he would take her off my hands for me.
    At this point I woke up feeling angry that somebody dared to try and take my pup from me (she was an 8 month old GSD)
    When I asked around a few of the old people who had lived around there for years told me the wall at the side of our house used to be made of sandstone and about 3ft high, just as I had seen it in my dream.

My dad was out walking my dog one day, he was crossing a field when it started throwing it down, so he headed for the only tree around for shelter, he stayed there for a few minutes, the rain stopped so he set off again, the dog ran ahead of him then turned and came back towards him but went past him slowing down and wagging her tail as if to greet someone he turned to see a woman smiling and reaching out to stroke the dog, he just said hello then turned away again then all of a sudden he realised the lady was in Victorian style dress, she also looked to be bone dry in the middle of a field where he had been sheltering under the only tree and she certainly wasnt there with him, he looked back over his shoulder and the field was empty only for a bewildered looking border collie.

Last edited by wurzel; 13-12--2016 at 11:29 AM.
    Never judge someone by the opinion of others.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, dollybassett, Ecobob, Lightbringer, nicklincs, NomadicRT, skyraven

one of my best mates is a ghost. He's called Ted. Top bloke. I see dead people all the time.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, Ecobob, Lightbringer, parrotandcrow, wurzel

Sex
    Female
    I've had some very strange experiences.Firstly,when I was married to my first husband,his father died suddenly.About two weeks after the funeral,I woke up during the night,and to my horror(lol)saw my father in law,standing by the side of our bed,looking down at my then husband.I started hyperventilating,and quickly hid my face under the duvet.I talked myself into believing I must of just dreamt it,or imagined it.After a few seconds,I put on a brave face,and peeked out of the duvet.He was still standing there!Hahahaha I screamed which woke up my husband.As I was screaming my FIL disappeared.
    Around 3 mths later,my own father died.A while later,I was at home alone,mopping my kitchen floor.All of a sudden,someone(?)hit me on the bum.Feeling scared shitless,I quickly turned around to see.......no one there!I did all of a sudden though think it was my father,trying to get my attention,so I spoke to him.Did'nt get any more signs from him after that.
    My Mum died two years ago,and sadly,I havent had any signs from her.Can anyone shed any light why this might be please?
    The following users think this post is groovy: Ecobob, Lightbringer, nicklincs, parrotandcrow, wurzel

Heavenly Creature parrotandcrow's Avatar
    Sex
    Female
    Hi Cobra. In my village, reception for mobile phones is shit. Sometimes they work, often they don't. Texts are better than actual calls, but it's a toss up as to whether or not you can contact another phone via the network.

I think that contacting the other side is much the same. Both sides need not only reception, but a helping of luck, which is why contact seems so haphazard. Our brainwaves have to be the right kind; which is why things are more likely to happen when we are on the edge of sleep, or our minds are unfocused on anything in particular. I suspect that the more you want a sign from a specific person, the less likely you are to get it, as your mind is not at the right wavelength.

I may well be talking a load of crap, but reckon that this is the problem we have communicating with other planes.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, Lightbringer, nicklincs

Sex
    Male
    Glad someone else has asked. To be honest a few years ago i thought it was all bollocks, i was closed to the whole idea as well as to a lot of other things. Various things including events, circumstance, maturity and a new way of thinking have all led to me changing my life for the better.
    Ive been to various places including where my dad is but felt nothing, round old churches, woodlands, castles etc and although i appreciate the peace and beauty how do you open yourself to anything else? Id love to feel my dads presence again, even better to see him. Would be nice to feel spiritually satisfied within myself, is there a way to go about achieving this?
    The following users think this post is groovy: wurzel

You are right PC, conditions need to be right, the more relaxed we are and the higher our vibration is the easier it is for the other side to contact us, sometimes their contact is very subtle and easy to dismiss. One of the easiest times is just before sleep when we are between both dimensions, dream visitations is a very popular way our loved ones contact us.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, Lightbringer, nicklincs, parrotandcrow