Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Have you ever seen (or experienced) a ghost?

Lol...i wouldnt like being 'normal' i dont think.
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, Lightbringer

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by NomadicRT
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    I like being weird, people never really understand me which I like, keeps them on their toes
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, Ecobob, Lightbringer, nicklincs, NomadicRT, Roamer

Originally Posted by NomadicRT
    Me neither
    I could imagine it to be quite boring
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, Ecobob, NomadicRT

Walking back to happiness ma bungo's Avatar
    I had a creepy experience once about 25 years ago, I was in the Cairngorms for a week in January with the plan of walking up a few Munros , but it was shit weather with a lot of fresh snow , so I thought I would take a slow walk down the Lairg Ghru and back up via the Fords of Avon to Avimore. I was camping , but because it was very snowy when I got to the Corrour Bothy , I was glad to use it . It was pretty run down , there was no fire . (I since believe it has been refurbished and a bog installed
    ?)
    By 6 pm it was pretty pitch black , any moon clouded out . The snow was about a foot deep outside, so I was grateful not having to bother with the tent. I had some food , a few medicinal swigs of whisky and a wee pipe. I lay down and started to drift of to sleep , it had been well below freezing all day , and was well below freezing in the bothy . Then I heard footsteps in the snow out side coming up towards the door , the snow was very crusty, and in the absoute silence foot steps were very loud ! They stopped at the unlocked door , and then nothing . I waited about 30 seconds , and then got up and went to the door , opened it and there was no one there ! Round the door was a bit trampled , but I had been in and out a few times ,so I went back and laydown , feeling a bit apprehensive , all was quiet for about 15 minutes , and then again footsteps approaching the door . This time I got up straight away and flung the door open .No one there . I was offically freaked out now , I got my ice axe and walked round the bothy 3 times looking for evidence of some one or thing with my head torch . Nothing , so I went back in side and laydown , again soon the footsteps came back . I just lay there and imagined someone would eventually find me white haired and crazy.It did it several times more , but I did drift of to sleep resigned to my situation.

Some one told me the noise was probably the snow its self making the noise as it settled , but it seemed very spooky at the time
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, dollybassett, Ecobob, Lightbringer, nicklincs, NomadicRT, wurzel

Heavenly Creature parrotandcrow's Avatar
    One of the loveliest things happened to me after my son's death, in '92; he was only ten. Bear with this, it sounds awful, but isn't really. I don't worry about death, never have; but even with my belief that it is just another way to be born, it was still a very, very hard time for me.

About a month after his death was Mother's Day, and this particular one left me crazy with grief; I remember speaking out loud to my son, asking him, if he was around to hear, to arrange for me to get a white flower on Mother's Day. It would not matter who gave me the flower, I would consider it a gift from him. I told nobody about this, just my missing boy.

Anyway, Mother's Day rolled around and people mostly avoided me because they felt awkward; one of my friends however gave me a potted plant, covered with deep, purple flowers. I was disappointed naturally, but thanked my friend and watered the plant and put it on the window.

Next morning, I came down and a couple of the flowers had white edges to them. The flowers grew more and more white, until after five days, every flower had changed from purple to white. They had not faded, they had actually changed colour. Now that is the best ghost story ever, and is absolutely true, and what is more, my boy has continued giving me gifts at anniversaries and birthdays.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, dollybassett, Ecobob, Lightbringer, likahamadoolihan, MacMac, nicklincs, NomadicRT, nomis, wurzel

Originally Posted by parrotandcrow
    One of the loveliest things happened to me after my son's death, in '92; he was only ten. Bear with this, it sounds awful, but isn't really. I don't worry about death, never have; but even with my belief that it is just another way to be born, it was still a very, very hard time for me.

About a month after his death was Mother's Day, and this particular one left me crazy with grief; I remember speaking out loud to my son, asking him, if he was around to hear, to arrange for me to get a white flower on Mother's Day. It would not matter who gave me the flower, I would consider it a gift from him. I told nobody about this, just my missing boy.

Anyway, Mother's Day rolled around and people mostly avoided me because they felt awkward; one of my friends however gave me a potted plant, covered with deep, purple flowers. I was disappointed naturally, but thanked my friend and watered the plant and put it on the window.

Next morning, I came down and a couple of the flowers had white edges to them. The flowers grew more and more white, until after five days, every flower had changed from purple to white. They had not faded, they had actually changed colour. Now that is the best ghost story ever, and is absolutely true, and what is more, my boy has continued giving me gifts at anniversaries and birthdays.

That is just lovely PC, when we ask for signs they are always answered. The more opened to it the more they come. I am not afraid of death because we do not die we just leave our physical body.

I have lost both my mum and dad, yet I still feel connected to them everyday. I went to Knock in Co Mayo,last year, it is a deeply religious place, I am not religious but I wanted to feel the energy of the place and to light some candles for my mum and dad. When my dad was here he loved to play Irish music in his car and it was always a certain song, I had just lit some candles for both of them when the next minute I hear his song being played, I just bawled my eyes out.

Another story, my dad used to love the Cheltenham Gold Cup and he would either go or put a bet on, he died on New Years Eve, so when the Cheltenham Festival took place in the March after his death I decided to put a bet on for him, so I bought the paper, opened to the racing section for the Gold Cup and said 'Right dad tell me what bets you want me to put on', my eyes were drawn to 3 horses, so I bet on all of them each way. I went to the bookies the next day not knowing if any had won or become placed, so I just handed over my ticket to the cashier, next thing she is tapping away and then she handed me a huge wad of cash, all 3 had come in, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, I left the bookies sobbing my heart out and said to my friend - I wish I could of given this money to him, I swear this is a true.
    Last edited by dollybassett; 15-12--2016 at 11:04 PM.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, Lightbringer, nicklincs, NomadicRT, nomis, wurzel

The most acceptable explanation of a sighting I've heard was closely linked to moisture and water sources.
    Water has superior qualities....try the bent coat hanger over a bucket of water.

The fella I was 2'd up with in Dartmoor showed me water divining. Rather impressive.

Frame.

P.S I've never seen anything ghostly in my 47 years
    Poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another.

I have seen the ghost of a child,at a car accident i witnessed when i was about 14,it beckoned me for help.
    Not to help it obviously,but to help the 3 drunk blokes trapped in a car down an embankment,that had caused the crash.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, dollybassett, Lightbringer, nicklincs, wurzel

Originally Posted by dollybassett
    Isn't it lovely being weird
    Now that i can relate too.

And agree with!
    The following users think this post is groovy: dollybassett

I don't do death.
    It's never gonna happen to me

IF it does though ... be sure I will haunt you all forever
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket

Heavenly Creature
    A ghost with no teeth LOL
    The following users think this post is groovy: dollybassett, Lightbringer, NomadicRT

Okay
    I do have a story of my own. It's proper true as well so I don't want no banter about it or I'll eat you all up.

My first boyfriend/love died at 19 in a motorbike accident. A very messy business. I'm sure Parrot will recognise the date. October 21st.
    A drunk driver took him clean off his bike. He's been gone 26 years now
    I still do the grave in brum when I visit which is once or twice a year.
    It was just after 2 a.m & at the exact time he died I sat bolt upright & started shaking & I went to the toilet but I didn't want to go. I was confused. I felt what can't be described. I knew something was very wrong but I didn't know what it was.
    After the funeral a few days after I kept feeling he was there in my room with me. He never came with me when I left the room, he was just always in the room.
    I can still see him like yesterday in my head. It's weird now though coz he is 19 & I am 44 now.
    That's too much of a toyboy.
    It's like I shouldn't ... you know.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by Uncle jhad
    A ghost with no teeth LOL
    You're first on the list
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, dollybassett, Lightbringer, parrotandcrow, wurzel

Transcending
    as to the original post.. = no i havn't ....

I'm sure there's a presence in my house. I was at home with a cold some years ago. Lying on the sofa I heard the front door open, close then footsteps up the stairs. I shouted up the stairs, thinking Mum had come back from shopping. No reply. I searched all over but I was still the only one in the house. I've also sensed the presence of my dead parents sometimes and my old cat.
    The following users think this post is groovy: dollybassett, parrotandcrow

I have seen some weird and wonderful stuff over the years. One of the most scary was watching two large lit orbs a few feet off the ground whizzing around a big empty field near Helman Tor in Cornwall. It was the speed these things were going, with no noise and circling each other. Driving through the lanes Bodmin Moor in Cornwall mid summer, very late at night, a Huge black cat jumped in front of me, then jumped over a hedge. I thought it was a dog at first, then I saw the size of that tail.

As to ghosts, as a kid, used to play with mates in ruins of a monastery. Hide and seek sort of things. I saw a monk standing at the end of an old footpath, then disappear into the wall.

Heard a dong` hanging out in park opposite of a huge bell tower, Bodmin Jail. Haunted as heck.. That bell was taken to a museum many decade before.

So much, I have seen, and probably thought nothing of it. Creepy stuff like burnt upside down cross shapes at Luxulyan Vally, Cornwall.
    Last edited by drewuk; 10-04--2017 at 05:13 AM.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer

Yup,iv had a few unexplained visits and experiences over the years...the 1st i think was my great nan lived in an old end victorian terraced house that seemd to go back miles,we d visit most weekends,me,mum,nan and my sis.it wasnt till years later me and sis were talking about the house,how it spooked us,the long hall was dark,the loo was right at the back and dark..and the nasty big stripey cat that sat on the stairs in the hall growling or trying to scratch us through the bannisters..mum overheard and asked us more..apparently the cat was very real,but died in the 50s,this was the 70s!we d never mentioned the cat to each other before and had never seen it whilst together!we also had a presence in the house as teens,which i think is quite common,we called him oscar,he d walk across the back window in the garden,and knock things off shelves and stuff like pictures off walls...more recently iv taken to sensing presences,and having visions in dreams that have then happened in life..i saw my grand daughter at about 18mnths old,before she was born,i told my daughter about it at the time,i was holding her hand walking in a park...it then happened when she was about that age,my daugher was with us,i just turn to her as i realised it was happening,she grinned,she knew too,lol xx
    The following users think this post is groovy: Danann

I don't know about ghosts, but there are spirits in this pub i am in.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Danann

I Often Dreamwalk Or Go Higher Plains Spirit Walk And Talk With Forest Spirit And Fire Dance With Sacred Shadow People ....But Be Not Sure If That Same As "Ghost People You Be Speaking Off?.

Because Is It Be Not Said And Truth That These "Ghost People Pop Up To Your Faces Out Of The Blues? You Speak Off ...

Where Be "The Spirits" I Speak Off Do Not Be Doing That...So I Be Thinking They Are Not Same As Your "Ghost People" ...As Mine Be Sort Of A Higher Being Place Of Mind Body Spirit You Go ..Step/Cross Into....And Then Step Back ....So Yep I Think They Be Not Of The Same As Your Ghost People.
    Last edited by Danann; 18-04--2017 at 02:36 AM.
    Form From The Void & Mists

Green around the gills ThreeMoons's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cobra
    I've had some very strange experiences.Firstly,when I was married to my first husband,his father died suddenly.About two weeks after the funeral,I woke up during the night,and to my horror(lol)saw my father in law,standing by the side of our bed,looking down at my then husband.I started hyperventilating,and quickly hid my face under the duvet.I talked myself into believing I must of just dreamt it,or imagined it.After a few seconds,I put on a brave face,and peeked out of the duvet.He was still standing there!Hahahaha I screamed which woke up my husband.As I was screaming my FIL disappeared.
    Around 3 mths later,my own father died.A while later,I was at home alone,mopping my kitchen floor.All of a sudden,someone(?)hit me on the bum.Feeling scared shitless,I quickly turned around to see.......no one there!I did all of a sudden though think it was my father,trying to get my attention,so I spoke to him.Did'nt get any more signs from him after that.
    My Mum died two years ago,and sadly,I havent had any signs from her.Can anyone shed any light why this might be please?

The day my gran died, I slept late for work and someone shook me
    quite hard to wake me. I expected to see someone standing there but I was on my own. I later found out that she had passed away at this exact time.
    Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up on your dreams and ideals, wrinkles the soul.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Danann, tworedsquirrels