THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website is perpetually in arrears & will not survive without regular donations! Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do have over 18000 members & if just half of you donated we would never have to worry about money again. We value your support, so if you can afford it please stop us worrying by making a donation. There is a thread on running costs here.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: My mental health

Quote Originally Posted by Sootyfoot View Post
    Yebbut I'm an awkward bloke to live with....
    Erm I'd like to hear from any fuckin human being who thinks they're not awkward to live with - and then quiz the people who live with them.......everything is only a matter of opinion.

I mean, "one mans meat is another mans poison". If you're in the wrong place with the wrong people for your fit - you're going to feel awkward to some bugger or n other. I've only just begun to realise that....so am saying it as much for myself too. Nil desperandum n all that shite xxx
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket

Musical hippy dreadhead maddy harper's Avatar
    The one thing I have learned about being addicted to different substances is the only person that can get you off and addictive substance as yourself
    If there are any mistakes in my posts it's Apple dictation's fault
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer, Sootyfoot, verticalis48

Quote Originally Posted by maddy harper View Post
    The one thing I have learned about being addicted to different substances is the only person that can get you off and addictive substance as yourself
    Yup

The following users think this post is groovy: verticalis48

Never a truer word spoken.

Those Mountains that you're carrying, you were only supposed to climb.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer, NomadicRT, verticalis48

It has taken me 16 years of being addicted to different substances to actually realise that which is crazy in itself

Since I moved house I was able to drop the amount of antipsychotics that I was taking because the voices are two rooms away instead of being in the same space so I can actually live with someone like that plus they're not actually abusive or aggressive so I can live with them it's when they get nasty and it's like being a football match that's when I can't actually cope with it and the bashing my head off walls starts up
    The following users think this post is groovy: ayami, zendaze

Since I moved house I was able to drop the amount of antipsychotics that I was taking because the voices are two rooms away instead of being in the same space so I can actually live with someone like that plus they're not actually abusive or aggressive so I can live with them it's when they get nasty and it's like being a football match that's when I can't actually cope with it and the bashing my head off walls starts up

Sorry to read that, sure hope the times when you need to bash your head against the wall are few and far between.

Too fucking right. Very fucking right. Just right!...

Fucking voices.....fucking noise.....fuck that.

Sounds like you might be doing ok ish.

Personal space should be sacred.....Two rooms away is better than a partition wall but really it's not good enough.

Fucking crazy having to live in such proximity to others noise....I've broken a few things (bones, walls, doors, skin etc) trying to deal with it.

Rooms, flats and studios cost so much considering that they are not usually built or sound insulated to a sufficient standard to afford individuals liberty in life.....

It's totally fucking bonkers that we accept such poorly soundproofed and overpriced digs.
    Last edited by zendaze; 23-09--2017 at 11:57 PM.

Zende, thank fucking God I have found someone that actually fucking understands what it's like to live with content your fucking racket every bloody day
    They are like three rooms away now but that's because I have had some nytrazepam which I don't really like taking but the doctors do you give it to me occasionally because I have manic episodes as well as depressive but I'm not labelled as bipolar like what the fuck
    The trouble is I have about six different conditions so I can't just be fitted into one box so the psychiatrists have great fun trying to medicate that
    The following users think this post is groovy: zendaze

I'm labelled 'a chronic depressive with anxiety disorder'..... I don't believe it entirely (it doesn't stand up to my version of social analysis) but accept that I need the pills to function in THIS society.....I'm hypersensitive to noise but hate tiptoeing around.

I've only heard voices (that others couldn't ) for a short time in my life and it scared the shit out of me and I put myself in hospital.

Noise drives me crackers and I've zero understanding of why society conspires for individuals to live in such close proximity to one another.

I'm diagnosed recurrent depressive disorder and dissociative personality disorder and I'm prescribed 3 different mood altering meds. Of late I feel I'm losing the will to live and I question if these meds help or hinder my mental health. I don't ever talk about my condition and try to pretend that I am well but I know I'm really not well? Wish I could find help somewhere and try to just BE!

-- Posted from the UKHippy mobile app --

The shrinks awhile ago disected my mind because I asked for help due to severe distress and anxiety due to life events.They gave me a counseler that clearly never grasped my reality,meant well no empathy very young.Then chucked pills at me.I felt worse than before....not understood and a sticking plaster of drugs.My circumstances made me ill.Not being able to leave made me ill.Being trapped needing so bad to run and being trapped made me ill.I realised only I loved my soul enough to give my soul the key I so desperately needed.So I left everything and ran off to meet my soul under the trees by the mountains.Now me and my soul are joined in the quiet places by a waterfall,watching the birds and sneaking up to spy on the deer and hares and we are healing.The screaming is drifting away on the wind.Its simple.Are you in the right place for you an
    d being loved enough?You have the answer ,you have the key.You will find the strength when you know where the door is.x
    The following users think this post is groovy: FriedOnion, Mikefc61, misterfox, NomadicRT

Thanks for your wise words Cricket. I know the answer is within. Feels good just to share my feelings and I'm grateful for your kind response. Love n hugs and Peace!

[QUOTE=Mikefc61;1609405]Thanks for your wise words Cricket. I know the answer is within. Feels good just to share my feelings and I'm grateful for your kind response. Love n hugs and Peace!

i don't know about being wise.If I was wise id have given up on a no hope situation years before.I have been though in various states of mind from elation and certainty to looking for a tall tree and a short rope in my life and only know that for me the ill was because I was not in the right place nor had enough love in my life.Your path and way is different but a hug on the path fits allx
    The following users think this post is groovy: Mikefc61

Hugs not drugs! X

[QUOTE=cricket;1609408]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikefc61 View Post
    Thanks for your wise words Cricket. I know the answer is within. Feels good just to share my feelings and I'm grateful for your kind response. Love n hugs and Peace!

i don't know about being wise.If I was wise id have given up on a no hope situation years before.I have been though in various states of mind from elation and certainty to looking for a tall tree and a short rope in my life and only know that for me the ill was because I was not in the right place nor had enough love in my life.Your path and way is different but a hug on the path fits allx
    I want to come off my meds? I honestly feel they're part of my problem because I feel worse instead of better. X

I read up all contraindications of what I was prescribed, took half of one, got a headache and handed the rest back.I don't know if I did right or wrong.My young nephew was given antidepressants with awful contraindications, but took them anyhow as a minor and was told to.He is eventually better,but honestly we do not know if was the drugs or increased attention and support that helped him get better.My sons leg problem is mechanical ,but rather than fix that, the medics tried to throw painkillers at him.Please bear in mind Mike61, that I am a cynical old alternative type person and whilst I know whatever ails me is considerably eased when I feel loved and supported ,maybe its because I am just peculiar.I do not know if I would have been joyfully fixed on meds,or worse off.I do believe that a clean page,good diet and loadsa love is a good starting point though.
    The following users think this post is groovy: alices wonderland

Well I do think drugs are helpful in some cases I don't think they are the answer to every single case though which is we are psychiatrists are currently going wrong

hi Maddy x I see all the time the grim and not remotely spiritual reality that whilst money cannot buy you love...usually..it certainly can buy you better health.We cannot be properly known or treated by medics unless they are properly trained and a good amount of time is taken to assess accurately.A female dotor I had once clearly pssd off at my frequent requests for help with pain and accurate assesment for what turned out to be rib dislocation.Snapped at me "well it cannot be cancer,if it was youd be dead by now"When all failed re diagnosing they gave me acupuncture...I became an experiment,presumably because they thought any treatment would shut me up.A lot of consultant psychiatrists I met in nurse training were arrogant overpaid egotists,some not though.An amazing man from North Wales working with post traumatic stress was truly inspirational it will bug me till I remember his name now..
    Well I do think drugs are helpful in some cases I don't think they are the answer to every single case though which is we are psychiatrists are currently going wrong

The music in my head is fucking driving me nuts
    It's really starting to piss me the fuck off

I switch my antipsychotics because I'm having difficulty getting the tablets I was on so I have a two week switching process ahead of me right now I feel really fucked I'm on clorpromazine which is really fucking heavy duty it was the first antipsychotic commission for use in this country in 1953 but I respond better to the older antipsychotics than the more modern ones