THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive without your donations! We have over 18000 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. We appreciate that not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do run at a loss - so if you can afford to help then please donate. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Colours

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by cricket
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    How exactly are we ever going to be able to see colours that we have not evolved to be able to see?Maybe we have "dumped"the ability, as it is only useful to see colours required for survival.Maybe though our brain is filtering out what it has evolved to accept as uneccessary.To think we could learn to see other colours would be beyond awesome.I have had several hallucogenic experiences in life and though I saw amazing things, the colours remained those i already know.I would have thought that was the time to see more if any, as my brain was freed up from programing...or was it.Everything we see already has a perceived colour asigned to it.If there are more colours does it mean our brain is at present"ignoring" these and just asigning ones we already see?
    It didn't go into explaining other than it will soon be possible. Comparing our vision today to colourblindness some people already experience and instruments that would allow us to see the colours behond our normal range.
    Although putting filter lenses over the eyes reveals how animals view our world.
    even a gypsy caravan is too much settling down.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket

Chloroform?Not talking about your dating techniques at present.Its chlorophyl...green...plants?
    They wouldn't have to
    I'm horny.

Cricket, you got me thinking (again) about the visuals that I can recall when tripping on both acid and mushrooms. Did I see those with my eyes or in my mind? Outside influences may have played a part, but often I've laid face first into a single bed mattress with my arms stretched under the mattress trying to link my hands together, to stop me falling into the abyss or leaving the safety of the farmhouse spare bedroom. This was after turning the key on the bedroom door lock. But I still saw just as much, as if I had been outside in the fresh air with both my eyes open. Mmmmm something else to think about.
    even a gypsy caravan is too much settling down.

Originally Posted by Roamer
    Oi waspy!

There's a lot to be said for not over thinking.

You should try it some time
    Bring it on Bitch

The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, Lightbringer, NomadicRT

exiled cornishman wandering gypsy's Avatar

popcorn time?
    a fiver on dolly
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, dollybassett, Lightbringer, NomadicRT

Originally Posted by wandering gypsy
    a fiver on dolly
    I wanna be on dolly too lol
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer

Originally Posted by essexcamper

The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, essexcamper

I win

I did win didn't I

Originally Posted by essexcamper
    You can have her! I've moved up a notch

I can't say too much though
    not to you delinquents.

BBC4 in 20 minutes 'Colour- The spectrum of science'
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, Lightbringer

Originally Posted by Shroom
    BBC4 in 20 minutes 'Colour- The spectrum of science'
    Thanks Shroom, might watch that

Originally Posted by alices wonderland
    Cricket, you got me thinking (again) about the visuals that I can recall when tripping on both acid and mushrooms. Did I see those with my eyes or in my mind? Outside influences may have played a part, but often I've laid face first into a single bed mattress with my arms stretched under the mattress trying to link my hands together, to stop me falling into the abyss or leaving the safety of the farmhouse spare bedroom. This was after turning the key on the bedroom door lock. But I still saw just as much, as if I had been outside in the fresh air with both my eyes open. Mmmmm something else to think about.

Do you dream in colour ? not everyone does.
    I do ..i have lucid dreams in colour too.
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...

Originally Posted by NomadicRT
    Do you dream in colour ? not everyone does.
    I do ..i have lucid dreams in colour too.
    I dream in colour

Yes, I always dream in colour, I didn't know there was any alternative.
    When (Eden my step son) was small. He once asked me if there was a sun in the sky when I was young? Puzzled I questioned his thinking. He thought I was so old I probably began life living in caves. I had obviously told him a bit about my life as a boy, aaaaallllllllll those years ago & he had probably seen a few black and white films on TVs before and some black and white photograghs that I may have shown him of when I was a boy.

I'm always disabled when I dream, apart from probably only two or three occasions that I can remember in the last ten years or so. I usually get to a point where I can't walk or go another step further in my dreams, because of physical back pain. All I want to do is stop and sit or lay drown, rest. I get really upset and that usually wakes me up. Only to realise the real here & now pain in my back is excruciating and it's that what has weaved its way into my dreams. It's a real bummer not being fit enough, with full mobility in my dreams. I'm desperate to live life to the full, to be unrestricted, to be normally healthy.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, dollybassett

I've signed up to Pinterest some months ago and being interested in astrology. I regularly get updates, 'best 100 images from the Hubble telescope' these photograghs are what blow me away. I question the accuracy of some images, as they are a combination of data from three or more telescopes e.g. Infrared, X ray, Gamma ray, Ultraviolet radio etc. This makes me disbelieve many images are a accurate reproduction (colour wise) of what is actually out there. Am I wrong? Some of the images are so beautiful & far out, I often think the people behind them have been trippers.

I have some strange visuals in my head when im awske in bed.and its pitch dark...usually starts off in momochromatic patterns,highly intricate gothic arches and circles sometimes squares or triangles and the patterns they create are fascinating to watch land i can ealk through them like a cave system of patterns.Then the patterns give way to colourful.scenes usually like rapid snapshots.or timelapse.and always the same subjects ,the most prolific one is a medieval battlefield with horses and long haired warriors I can see vivid blue sky and black smoke,chestnut horses, green grass crimson blood everywhere...lots of screaming and shouting then a hot.metallic taste in my mouth and i can see blood pouring down my front like a fountain then it fades out to black...then im back in the gothic patterns again....Ive had those since i was 4 ? Theyre not dreams as such as i never go to sleep and often i get up and make a drink so i know theyre in colour and ive woken up in mid dream or nightmare.and can remember vivid colourful scenes..but a couple of my friends have never had a colour dream.

I've signed up to Pinterest some months ago and being interested in astrology. I regularly get updates, 'best 100 images from the Hubble telescope' these photograghs are what blow me away. I question the accuracy of some images, as they are a combination of data from three or more telescopes e.g. Infrared, X ray, Gamma ray, Ultraviolet radio etc. This makes me disbelieve many images are a accurate reproduction (colour wise) of what is actually out there. Am I wrong? Some of the images are so beautiful & far out, I often think the people behind them have been trippers.
    Humans are only able to detect the visusl light spectrum because of limitations of the light receptor cells in the human eye.rod shaped cells detect the monochromatic hues(similar to canids vision),cone cells detect true colours.Insects have cells that detect infra red and ultra violet light spectrum.
    So the hubble telescope photos are not all how you would see some of the structures with theveye as theyre computer composits of radiation wavelengths we cant see and some we can.Clouds of gases like oxygen and hydrogen and methane are only visible by xrsy or infra red.ultra violet.Some of the pics are normal visual spectrum too but the composits give more depth....but youd see something similar with norrmal.human vision were it possible to psrk alongside some of the structures just as we can see the milky wsy from Earth in all its colour range from the right vantage point on earth with normal vision....There are old photos available of some of the universe not computer enhanced if you look through the NASA site or JPL site

Last edited by NomadicRT; 16-12--2016 at 02:52 AM.
    The following users think this post is groovy: alices wonderland, cricket, MacMac

Half a tab of the" in the old days" acid I actually had a handfull of little rainbows handing them out to straights at a dance.Then flat on my back looking at stars same time I saw a hill launch with rocket boosters and a grain silo stand up in stripey tights ,stretch and stride off .I actually saw these things happen,but logic and the lack of news coverage next day told me they couldnt have,Beautiful,very intense vibrant colours.Wouldnt experiment with todays stuff though.

The following users think this post is groovy: alices wonderland

Do you mean Paul swooping down like a magnificent eagley moderator
    grabbing your scruff and chucking you off the mental health thread,thats why youve legged it here?

Originally Posted by Roamer
    You can have her! I've moved up a notch

I can't say too much though
    not to you delinquents.
    The following users think this post is groovy: dollybassett, essexcamper, Lightbringer, wandering gypsy

Originally Posted by NomadicRT
    Humans are only able to detect the visusl light spectrum because of limitations of the light receptor cells in the human eye.rod shaped cells detect the monochromatic hues(similar to canids vision),cone cells detect true colours.Insects have cells that detect infra red and ultra violet light spectrum.
    So the hubble telescope photos are not all how you would see some of the structures with theveye as theyre computer composits of radiation wavelengths we cant see and some we can.Clouds of gases like oxygen and hydrogen and methane are only visible by xrsy or infra red.ultra violet.Some of the pics are normal visual spectrum too but the composits give more depth....but youd see something similar with norrmal.human vision were it possible to psrk alongside some of the structures just as we can see the milky wsy from Earth in all its colour range from the right vantage point on earth with normal vision....There are old photos available of some of the universe not computer enhanced if you look through the NASA site or JPL site

We can also see polarised light, takes some practise, but if you have the sun to your back then out of the sides of your eyes you can discern the difference. Only other creatures that can do that are bees and other biddlybugs. But why we can? Must have some use that is beyond what life offers. Some sort of ability to detect. We are truely magical creatures.
    Everything is not normal.

i just had a debate about that and am informed that this is not possible.Can you let me know your data source so I can check this out please.I did get on the edge of my vison zig zag prismatic effects years ago due to migraines and often see things out of the edge of my vision,but if I turn to look full on they vanish.The brain is an incredible thing hey.I would love to see through my lurchery things eyes for a day to see what he does as he is often watching apparently thin air and invisible bunnies.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Sootyfoot

Yeah, i see some weird things and used to get those zig zag lines.

It's called Haidinger's brush

Everything is not normal.

Thanks.What an amazing thing to find out about.I saw it.Grey/blue eyes make it more likely to be seen.I saw a dr about those prismatic zig zags and he said it was not possible.Over rated drs.

Originally Posted by dustydave
    Yeah, i see some weird things and used to get those zig zag lines.

It's called Haidinger's brush