THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website is perpetually in arrears & will not survive without regular donations! Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do have over 18000 members & if just half of you donated we would never have to worry about money again. We value your support, so if you can afford it please stop us worrying by making a donation. There is a thread on running costs here.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Photos that give you a lump in the throat...

Photos that give you a lump in the throat...

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This...made me burst into tears when I saw it. Ex Armed Forces working Dog.
    Last edited by Sootyfoot; 27-12--2016 at 09:26 PM.
    Those Mountains that you're carrying, you were only supposed to climb.
    The following users think this post is groovy: aman, cricket, julianthegypsy, patchypete, ursus, Wulfie

Heavenly Creature parrotandcrow's Avatar
    I doubt it is ex forces. I used to work with them and they put them to sleep at the drop of a hat. That is likely someone's beloved companion and has been lucky enough to never see the Forces.
    If men bore wings and had black feathers, few would be intelligent enough to be crows.
    The following users think this post is groovy: itinerant child, julianthegypsy, ma bungo

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My tiny prem babies
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, Ecobob, ma bungo, patchypete, Sootyfoot, ursus, wurzel

Originally Posted by Sootyfoot

This...made me burst into tears when I saw it. Ex Armed Forces working Dog.
    US Marines. Not British Military

The following users think this post is groovy: Angio, essexcamper, itinerant child, Sootyfoot, ursus, Wulfie

Not all who wander are lost
    The following users think this post is groovy: convoy, cricket, essexcamper, itinerant child, NomadicRT, patchypete, Sootyfoot, ursus, wurzel

The following users think this post is groovy: Angio, cricket, Daisysmum, essexcamper, itinerant child, Paranoid Eyes, patchypete, Sootyfoot, ursus, wurzel

Walking back to happiness ma bungo's Avatar

Originally Posted by parrotandcrow
    I doubt it is ex forces. I used to work with them and they put them to sleep at the drop of a hat. That is likely someone's beloved companion and has been lucky enough to never see the Forces.
    Dogs should not be involved in politicians stupid decisions, humans have a choice ( unless they are at the receiving end ) .
    The following users think this post is groovy: Angio, frame69, ursus, wurzel

Transcending

The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, Miss_bee, ursus

I'm not surprised he killed himself if he couldn't even carry the child to help...selfish cunt

The following users think this post is groovy: cartman, cricket, Rick69

Transcending

I'm not surprised he killed himself if he couldn't even carry the child to help...selfish cunt
    We don't know what he did, or how many others there were. We do know that it affected him deeply.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, ursus

Originally Posted by Boaty McBoatface
    We don't know what he did, or how many others there were. We do know that it affected him deeply.
    if you read what it says it says it is photographer did nothing to help the child who took he photograph and left

if you read what it says it says it is photographer did nothing to help the child who took he photograph and left
    There are a few photo journos that just seem to be in to get the shot , in his defense for not doing anything , he had just seen something worse a few hundred feet away and needs to go and get the money shot.

I thought this thread was lumps in the throat , which to me something so uplifting/refeshing/kind etc that is a nice feeling .

Pictures of dieing /starving/suffering does not put a lump in my throat , it makes me feel sick on so many levels. A sad tear in my eye more like it .

Off to room 101 nasty picture

Maybe start a most horrific image in the world thread ! ones in the ilk of the nuked japanese child

I think its good these images are recorded , its just a shame they are there to be recorded .
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, essexcamper, Sootyfoot, wurzel

Here's my lump job , Bungo feeding the orphan lamb last spring .

Last edited by ma bungo; 07-02--2017 at 03:40 PM. Reason: spilling

The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, Daisysmum, Sootyfoot, ursus, Wulfie, wurzel

The following users think this post is groovy: Angio, convoy, cricket, Daisysmum, essexcamper, nicklincs, Sootyfoot, ursus, wurzel

"The best way to get something done , is to begin "
    The following users think this post is groovy: Angio, cricket, Daisysmum, essexcamper, nicklincs, ursus, Wulfie, wurzel

The following users think this post is groovy: Angio, cricket, Daisysmum, essexcamper, nicklincs, ursus, Wulfie, wurzel

The following users think this post is groovy: Angio, essexcamper, nicklincs, Shroom, ursus, Wulfie, wurzel

The following users think this post is groovy: Angio, cricket, Daisysmum, essexcamper, nicklincs, Rick69, ursus, Wulfie, wurzel

Originally Posted by patchypete

Double tap groovy
    The following users think this post is groovy: Daisysmum, essexcamper, history, nicklincs, patchypete

I took this picture of a homeless guy in the USA, bought him a pack of smokes and a couple of beers as a thank you.

The following users think this post is groovy: Angio, Cobra, cricket, nicklincs, patchypete, wurzel

Photos that give you a lump in the throat...

And this old lady was 100 yrs old
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, cricket, nicklincs, patchypete

They must be twins
    Never judge someone by the opinion of others.
    The following users think this post is groovy: patchypete, Sootyfoot