THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive at the current donation rate! We currently have over 17000 members & if everyone donated we would never need to ask for money again. Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford it please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Thread: On the BBC Iplayer now...

Sex
    Male

On the BBC Iplayer now...

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fricking hysterical!
    The following users think this post is groovy: julianthegypsy

Sex
    Male
    Feckin need a licence to view this!

We know where you are! We know what your watching! Can you remember that? I would prop a 12 volt black and white portable TV on a bale of straw next to the outside fire pit in my field and that message would be broadcast over the airwaves. Yeh like foook you know where where I am!

Cool - Keep a look out for the detector vans - that is the vans with all the " evidence" so much in fact I do believe there has never been anyone convicted on this van evidence.
    “In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer.” –

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Female
    I think all you need to do is answer the question "do you have a license?" with "yes". Isn't that how it works?
    The following users think this post is groovy: MacMac, Rick69, Sootyfoot

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by vanwoman84
    I think all you need to do is answer the question "do you have a license?" with "yes". Isn't that how it works?
    Correct.
    “In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer.” –

Sex
    Male
    After the last episode of TV licensing contacting me at the address I registered ONLY my mobile internet provider with. I think I will give it a miss. knowing those sneaky Bastards,, they will take it as a omission of guilt and grass me up again to the BBC police.
    However. If there's any students amongst us. There's a loophole to allow students to view BBC Iplayer without a personal TV licence. (If your parents ~ official address) has a TV licence registered to that address.

Sex
    Male
    If you are watching iplayer you will be using an internet connection.

In which case kodi is a viable alternative. Up to now, streaming is not illegal. Downloading and hosting copyrighted material is. If you are only streaming films tv etc you arent comitting any offence, thats how the thousands of people using it are getting away with it. That or a decent vpn...

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Female
    What if you are on public WiFi?

Sex
    Male
    Just looked into kodi. More purchases! Netflix, I'm more into discovery channel, history channel. If only I could find a more selective way to choose my viewing requirements without the extra subscriptions and purchases. I'll go without for now. Wintertime I tend to find I have more time to veg out.

Sex
    Male
    Kodi is free. All the addons you require are free. Will run on android tablets / phones or your laptop linux or windoze.

Public wifi still allows streaming, some of them do block it but just use vpn to bypass restrictions.

Sex
    Male
    Also, all the sky channels and the freeview channels are available as streams. Ok, sometimes they are down for a while or the quality isnt top notch but you cant expect everything.....

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Female
    It just asked me if I had a license, I said yes and off it went! I am on a WiFi only tablet (no SIM) using free public WiFi. I did sign in with an email address but I may have got it slightly wrong..........

Sex
    Male
    If something requires a working email address there are several services such as mailcatch.com that will provide you with a temporary working email address with no sign up whatsoever

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Female
    Gotta love those templates email addresses.

Sex
    Female
    This is really nice to listen to....

Bitter Lake by Adam Curtis.

A long visually stunning documentary film that tells the story of Afghanistan and the special relationship between the U.S and Saudi Arabia and the influence of Wahhabism , a story of violence , bloodshed and bitter ironies. Lots of use of some fantastic archive film.