THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for some time & will not survive unless donations remain consistent! We currently have over 17500 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. However, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford to, please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which one is your favourite TV series?

Noobie

Which one is your favourite TV series?

TV series which should be a must:

- Peaky Blinders (Crime, Drama)

I'll try and think of something, I'm more of a documentary person so don't watch many series... oh I did like humans though
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ah found it! Moderator FriedOnion's Avatar
    Humans was good. Recently I would say Dexter, all time probably Frasier, I have nothing in common with the protagonists & was occasionally cringeworthy but it just hit the right spot much like Only fools & horses.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by FriedOnion
    Humans was good. Recently I would say Dexter, all time probably Frasier, I have nothing in common with the protagonists & was occasionally cringeworthy but it just hit the right spot much like Only fools & horses.
    Oh I though they ment new series. Frasier is my favourite! Watch it every morning and never get tired of it

Which one is your favourite TV serie?

Ok oldies, open all hours, some mothers do have em, on the buses, steptoe and son, faulty towers, keeping up appearances, dad's army, victor of dibley, father ted, black adder, red dwarf..... Not sure if they are classed as series though :/ but they are my favourites
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, Ecobob, Wulfie

Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes. Phil Glenister was so good in that.
    ​Humph!

Back in the day it was Buffy but in more recent times I'd find it hard to choose between sons of anarchy, Vikings or the walking dead..

Bottom, one foot in tbe grave, steptoe and son, still game, last and first of the summer wine, sopranos, boardwalk empire, peep show, in sickness and in health,....

Fuck i watch too much telly...

Sherlock.... new series started yipppeee

Game Of Thrones , Vikings , most of the old comedys already mentioned.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Rick69

Originally Posted by likahamadoolihan
    Game Of Thrones , Vikings.
    Have you tried black sails?
    The following users think this post is groovy: likahamadoolihan

No , first I've heard , having a look about it now. Looks pretty good. thanks for the heads up.

The Last Kingdom based on Bernard Cornwalls excellent books is worth a watch too.
    Last edited by likahamadoolihan; 03-01--2017 at 09:09 PM.

Afloat ... or adrift? marshlander's Avatar
    I don't have a television to watch. The only series I make an effort to see is Doctor Who. Having watched probably every episode since it first aired it would be a shame to stop now when I am still enjoying it. Luckily I was able to see this year's Christmas Special because the house I'm looking after has a television link on the computer. That's the only programme I have watched though.

Doctor Who is great. I was disappointed by this year's christmas episode though.

Noobie
    Think I've outgrown Doctor Who now, at the age of 49
    Christopher Ecclestone & David Tennant were fantastic, but lost touch after that.

Check out Stranger Things if you get chance. If you liked Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul is a great prequel. And if you're a fan of gothic horror, Penny Dreadful, although it's quite dark. And lastly, Lillehammer, which isn't anything to do with The Sopranos, but does star Steven Van Zandt as a mobster-turned-witness who goes into witness potection in Norway

At the beginning, and for quite a few episodes I loved LOST, but then it just went daft.
    Never judge someone by the opinion of others.

Heartbeat ... no honestly I did, I loved the nostalgic feel of it, the countryside and the pub and characters like Greengrass hahaha.
    Never judge someone by the opinion of others.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, Lightbringer, ma bungo

Little house on the prairie or the Walton's for me foyle's war more recently,nothing too racy.
    just a simple guy

the devil's avocado Moderator Paul's Avatar
    Breaking Bad, Fringe, The Walking Dead and the first two seasons of Dexter -- but I've taken a break from TV over the last few months so have no idea what's on now.

Steptoe and Son,Horizon(any, but espec) Wonders of The Universe with the lovely Brian Cox,Mr Bean,Some Mothers Do Have Em,Downton Abbey,Peaky Blinders,Shaun The Sheep,Le Salvager,anything that mad yorkshire guy with the sideburns does.No tv 6 months.Poldark xmas box set dvds was good though.Lot of galloping backwards and forwards along the coastline....half the script
    but the leading man Aiden..

Afloat ... or adrift? marshlander's Avatar

Originally Posted by FriedOnion
    Doctor Who is great. I was disappointed by this year's christmas episode though.
    As Christmas episodes go I enjoyed it. I'll admit there have been some real clunkers, though.

Originally Posted by Retro
    Think I've outgrown Doctor Who now, at the age of 49
    Christopher Ecclestone & David Tennant were fantastic, but lost touch after that ...
    Ecclestone and Tennant were great (specially Christopher Ecclestone
    ), but still Johnny-come-latelies
    , an interesting notion for a Timelord. I really believe Peter Capaldi has it in him to be the best of them all, but only if he gets better scripts and direction.

You've grown out of it at 49 ...? Oh ...

Sorry this is not a Doctor Who discussion.

Noobie
    Ok, who were your favourite Doctor Who baddies?

I watch very little TV now, but going back a few years I used to like all the sci fi . I used to enjoy Things like Star Trek the Next Generation, Deep space 9, Sliders, Space Precinct, Babylon 5 etc. We really were spoilt for sci fi in the 90's and we only had 4 channels back then!
    I did try LOST which started out good, but faded rather quickly.
    I don't find much to entertain me on TV now , apart from maybe repeats of Bullseye on challenge!
    Any resemblance to actual persons living, dead, or undead, is purely coincidental

As a kid the episodes I remember scaring me were
    and

More recently there can't be much to top

Grown out of it at 49, pffft!

Paul, any reason you haven't watched the rest of Dexter?

Can't go wrong with Star Trek Bob, quite a hippy back story as well.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Ecobob