THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive at the current donation rate! We currently have over 17000 members & if everyone donated we would never need to ask for money again. Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford it please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18

Thread: Today I am grateful for...

Heavenly Creature parrotandcrow's Avatar
    Sex
    Female
    Good grief, how frightening for you both. Glad you're ok.
    The following users think this post is groovy: hagrid, Sootyfoot

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Male
    Glad you're both ok Haggers

lone wolf survivalist.
    Sex
    Male
    thanks mate.
    " Does not suffer fools gladly!"

Sex
    Male

Today I am grateful for...

Unfortunately that type of thing is getting more common Hagrid, the standard of driving has dropped dramatically....
    Those Mountains that you're carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

lone wolf survivalist.
    Sex
    Male
    Quote Originally Posted by Sootyfoot View Post
    Unfortunately that type of thing is getting more common Hagrid, the standard of driving has dropped dramatically....
    yes, that's generally why I don't use motorways much, only VERY early in the morning when its fairly empty.
    but this happened on a fast but little used road, I don't know what the artic was doing on that road, most traffic uses the A30 trunk road which in places runs alongside this road. I use this other road because its more rural and its has less traffic-usually just locals using it and I can cut across country from it.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Sootyfoot

Transcending
    Sex
    Male
    I'm grateful to the local Bee Keepers Association, for their really, really interesting introduction to beekeeping course. I can't wait for the next one.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, likahamadoolihan, ma bungo, nicklincs, nomis, Rockrose, yazz

Sex
    Female
    We need to support bees more. Such magical creatures and key to keeping our ecosystems functioning.
    The following users think this post is groovy: likahamadoolihan, nicklincs, nomis, Offgrid hero

Heavenly Creature parrotandcrow's Avatar
    Sex
    Female
    I'm grateful to my friend Heather, for picking me up and taking me to Hexham. We had a fab day out, and I bought a lovely wall hanging for Iris.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Miss_bee, nicklincs, nomis, Sootyfoot

Transcending
    Sex
    Male
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockrose View Post
    We need to support bees more. Such magical creatures and key to keeping our ecosystems functioning.
    You are so right. Todays tutor was a very experienced man indeed, solid practical advice from a man passionate about the survival of bees. The day was all classroom, in truth I expected it to be hard going, but his delivery and enthusiasm made the day fly past and this evening when I re-read my beekeeping book it all made sense.

Even if you don't have room for a hive yourself, it's worth looking for a local course, because you can ask landowners for permission to site one on their land. Bear in mind that a hive will need a visit every 5 days.

Bees in the UK will struggle to survive without human help - varoa mite, introduced from Asia, can be controlled with human help but "wild" hives are doomed to die. Bees need your help now.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, likahamadoolihan, nicklincs, Rockrose, Sootyfoot

lone wolf survivalist.
    Sex
    Male
    it is said if the (honey) bees die out humans will follow 4 years after, so do all you can for the bees.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer

Sex
    Male
    Today I'm grateful that I went to a rave yesterday and that spring is almost here. I love the sun and seeing all the colors of nature once more after the winter. Eating salad in nature is what I'm gonna enjoy today =)
    Love everyone, even those who hate you, because they need your love the most.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, Jeni Treehugger

Sex
    Female
    Quote Originally Posted by Boaty McBoatface View Post
    You are so right. Todays tutor was a very experienced man indeed, solid practical advice from a man passionate about the survival of bees. The day was all classroom, in truth I expected it to be hard going, but his delivery and enthusiasm made the day fly past and this evening when I re-read my beekeeping book it all made sense.

Even if you don't have room for a hive yourself, it's worth looking for a local course, because you can ask landowners for permission to site one on their land. Bear in mind that a hive will need a visit every 5 days.

Bees in the UK will struggle to survive without human help - varoa mite, introduced from Asia, can be controlled with human help but "wild" hives are doomed to die. Bees need your help now.
    And you can plant bee loving flowers like French honeysuckle, verbena, thyme, vipers bugloss and comfrey...so many more. Or build a bee box. Lots of websites show how to construct simple ones.
    Another way to support a dying bee is to put sugar (organic not sweeteners) and water 2:1 ratio on a saucer for the bee to feed on.
    I saw one of these varroa mites latched onto a honeybee about 20 years ago. So sad that they are still killing off bees.
    The following users think this post is groovy: nicklincs

Sex
    Male
    My Peppa

Those Mountains that you're carrying, you were only supposed to climb.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, Lightbringer, likahamadoolihan, Miss_bee, Uncle jhad, Zambaku

UK Hippy Reiki Doula Editor Sarah's Avatar
    Sex
    Female
    Today I am grateful for having the opportunity to join a very special singing group :heart: Companion Voices is the project of a beautiful lady who is based in watford but is slowly setting up companion voice groups so that we might learn a handful of, specially selected for their gorgeous harmonies, learn them so that they are as natural to us as breathing... so that we might, in small groups, use the tones and vibrations of the songs with full heart-centred presence, to assist the transitioning of those at end of life :heart:
    If we are to heal the planet, we must begin by healing birthing.

Keep Calm & Wear a Tutu Jeni Treehugger's Avatar
    Sex
    Female
    Wine
    My cats
    My sense of humour

Sex
    Female
    i am grateful for medicine
    The following users think this post is groovy: Sootyfoot

Musical hippy dreadhead maddy harper's Avatar
    Sex
    Female
    Today I am grateful for having my guinea pigs and been able to play instruments
    That then my life would be totally hollow
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer, Sootyfoot

Sex
    Female
    Sunshine
    not working
    My man
    The following users think this post is groovy: Rockrose

Sex
    Female
    Being told by the head teacher that my 8 year son who has speech & language difficulties has a top IQ after a series of cognitive tests. And being offered a job in my dream work as a reflexologist. Lovely sunny day!
    The following users think this post is groovy: Miss_bee, Sootyfoot