THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for some time & will not survive unless donations remain consistent! We currently have over 17500 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. However, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford to, please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Fox Hunting back on the agenda for 2017

Fox Hunting back on the agenda for 2017

Well the Tories are due this year to lift the ban on fox hunting according to my local Conservative council member, as long as they win the "snap" election due ?
    Last year’s Conservative party manifesto said: “We will protect hunting, shooting and fishing, for all the benefits to individuals, the environment and the rural economy that these activities bring.
    “A Conservative Government will give Parliament the opportunity to repeal the Hunting Act on a
    free vote, with a government bill in government time.”

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, stinkypete1

Surely they have more important things to do!?

Heavenly Creature itinerant child's Avatar
    TOFFY NOSED WANKERS
    anything is possible,that my friends is a mathematical certainty ;-)
    The following users think this post is groovy: essexcamper, etherea, stinkypete1

The law hasn't worked anyway the majority of hunts are still chasing and killing foxes just as they did before.It's impossible to regulate...labour bottled it and the current law is a pile of pish...they should have made the hunts disband completely..
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, essexcamper, FriedOnion, itinerant child

Heavenly Creature
    Just suppose that I said I didn't get it. I've never understood objections to hunting, except from people whose land is ridden over. It is just a tribal thing I suppose.

Maybe controversial but it would help fox numbers. They used to be left for the hunt, now they are all shot on sight here.
    I see more foxes in town now than out where i am.

Heavenly Creature
    Towns may be the safest place for them! If townies love foxes, let them have them, maybe they can breed a GM fox that likes a cuddle and eats stale bread.

A lot of people get their jollies hunting in relation to the number of animals killed. Is this a Very Bad Thing? If so, why?

Transcending
    A question for those opposed to foxhunting.

Is your objection based on the killing of foxes or on the chasing of them ?

I ask because I have shot a few foxes in recent years and have no problem with it. They kill or threaten to kill my ducks / chickens / piglets so I shoot them if they come too close. Even so, I have lost a couple of piglets to them ( small breed - not the mammoth commercial varieties ).

Chasing foxes is a different matter, there is little justification for this from a pest control view - shooting is much more efficient - and indeed estate owners have been known to provide dens for foxes in order to have enough to chase. I'd be very unhappy to discover a neighbour was breeding foxes.

The actual kill at the end of a fox hunt is apparently pretty quick, media always uses phrases like "torn apart by the hounds" but the fox is dead by then so doesn't care, the lead dogs kill fast, although not as quick as a rifle.

If the anti-hunters were to focus on the chasing of foxes across the countryside they would probably get a lot more support from smallholders and farmers who, perhaps mistakenly, seem to believe that the "anti" agenda means protected foxes roaming all over the place.

I personally have no problem if you shoot em when they are a pest.
    It's the chasing them with hounds and ripping them to bits that I personally find objectionable

Those Mountains that you're carrying, you were only supposed to climb.
    The following users think this post is groovy: David Byron, etherea, itinerant child, Lightbringer, Retro, Rick69, Wulfie

Heavenly Creature

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Boaty McBoatface
    If the anti-hunters were to focus on the chasing of foxes across the countryside they would probably get a lot more support from smallholders and farmers who, perhaps mistakenly, seem to believe that the "anti" agenda means protected foxes roaming all over the place.
    If the local hunt know what is good for them they will a) mind their manners and b) pay for damage.

Originally Posted by Sootyfoot
    It's the chasing them with hounds and ripping them to bits that I personally find objectionable
    I may have only given you one groovy,but thats all the site allows. If there was an option,I would offer you ten more.

I have managed farms and if I see a fox has got at the chucks then I do not blame the fox but the owner for not supplying good enough security for their birds. The fox does what is natural for it.

Its like saying a mole is purposely fucking up your lawn !!!!

The pests are these complete pricks taking pleasure in chasing a fox to it cant run any more then letting their dogs-hounds rip it up.

Sorry,but I will never be able to understand how a human can get pleasure out of something so barbaric.

Civilization indeed, ha ha ha
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, Danann, David Byron, etherea, frame69, Levey, Lightbringer, Retro, Rick69, Sootyfoot, Wulfie

Originally Posted by itinerant child
    I may have only given you one groovy,but thats all the site allows. If there was an option,I would offer you ten more.

I have managed farms and if I see a fox has got at the chucks then I do not blame the fox but the owner for not supplying good enough security for their birds. The fox does what is natural for it.

Its like saying a mole is purposely fucking up your lawn !!!!

The pests are these complete pricks taking pleasure in chasing a fox to it cant run any more then letting their dogs-hounds rip it up.

Sorry,but I will never be able to understand how a human can get pleasure out of something so barbaric.

Civilization indeed, ha ha ha
    Thank you.

Those Mountains that you're carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

welcome very much xx

you bumped your head bhffy?
    THESE ARE GRAPHIC IMAGES OF HOUNDS AND A FOX DO NOT OPEN IF UPSET UNLESS YOU NEED ENLIGHTENING ABOUT TRIBAL WAYS

Originally Posted by Brynhyffryd
    Towns may be the safest place for them! If townies love foxes, let them have them, maybe they can breed a GM fox that likes a cuddle and eats stale bread.

A lot of people get their jollies hunting in relation to the number of animals killed. Is this a Very Bad Thing? If so, why?

Absolutley.I had a big run in with a pack hunting openly in daylight yesterday.Sneaking about out of sight.Even an off duty copper there.

Originally Posted by emmadilemma
    The law hasn't worked anyway the majority of hunts are still chasing and killing foxes just as they did before.It's impossible to regulate...labour bottled it and the current law is a pile of pish...they should have made the hunts disband completely..

Originally Posted by Sootyfoot
    My sentiments exactly. A barbaric and indefensible method of pest control
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, Sootyfoot

It doesnt control foxes.They self regulate their population.If you mean eradication=control yes that would work.Its what they are doing to badger populations in the south west.Crackpot skewed "facts" to justify killing a species being blamed for poor biosecurity by farmers ,an inefficient expensive TB testing regime,poorly regulated imported restocking after the last foot and mouth epidemic...a sop to satisfy the cry for a scapegoat and bloodletting.The killing of badgers is on now if anyone can support that,either by words of support or other on stopthecull facebook.

Originally Posted by David Byron
    My sentiments exactly. A barbaric and indefensible method of pest control

Originally Posted by cricket
    It doesnt control foxes.They self regulate their population.If you mean eradication=control yes that would work.Its what they are doing to badger populations in the south west.Crackpot skewed "facts" to justify killing a species being blamed for poor biosecurity by farmers ,an inefficient expensive TB testing regime,poorly regulated imported restocking after the last foot and mouth epidemic...a sop to satisfy the cry for a scapegoat and bloodletting.The killing of badgers is on now if anyone can support that,either by words of support or other on stopthecull facebook.
    During many debates I've burst out laughing when I hear foxhunting justified as both a sport and method of pest control. Another one is that only those living in the countryside can understand.

As for badger culling, I read somewhere the instances of TB increased following the cull
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, NomadicRT

I've worked for land rich farmers who have insisted I don't spend too long working in estate coppices, because the fox has a den in there. This farmer Just happened to be a active member and supporter of the local hunt and hunting livery yard on the neighbouring farm.
    Nothing more important to them than doing their best to make sure there's plenty of foxes around to make the next hunt successful.
    The real problem is the lack of honesty amongst the fox hunting fraternity.
    They are there for the chase, it is all about bringing a real fox down (they refer to the fox as vermin), to ease their conscience and promote their activities/hobby. Most of them are never bothered by a fox in their entire lives, residential environment or livelihood. But to challenge what they see is their god given natural, evolutionary right to act out this barbaric sport, when really they so wantonly wish to be associated with a hunt, as it sits well with their ambitious lifestyle and outward status.

Tell the fucking truth,
    that way you will be judged only for your actions and not your blatant hypocrisy.

It's a cruel way to kill a wild animal. If you want to reduce the population of fox under some conservation banner. Do your utmost to take them out in the fashion of a professional assassin. Stealth, accuracy, one shot one kill. Don't freak the shit out of a fox for half hour before letting (trained) dogs pull it apart.

How I wish we commoners had a sport where we had a god given (traditional) right to do the same to a fox hunters first born, only not on horses, on motorcross bikes & 4x4 buggies with spikey nudgebars bolted to the front, in the fashion of something out of mad max.

I won't hide behind false truths. I will say it's what I would like to force on those who think it's cool to join a club, pay loads of dosh, dress up in a specific fashion, just to participate in the slaughter of a wild animal they disrespect on grounds of (tradition) and hearsay. I would even let the motorcross first born hunt be televised, just to prove it's not a cruel proposal. We won't wipe the blood of their dead first born on our face. We might fuck the arse of their dead first born daughter while they are still warm, if that adds to the thrill for those participating in either hunt.

I know Ive gone overboard. But how the fk do we get it over to these tossers that it is cruel and unnecessary to conduct pest control in such a stuck up, pompous, cruel manner. Get real. Protect your first born. Don't encourage fox killing by dogs.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, David Byron, Ecobob, FriedOnion, itinerant child, Levey, Retro, Rick69

Heavenly Creature

It doesnt control foxes.They self regulate their population.
    Ooh, clever little darlings, so small, so cute, so wise!

Back on Planet Poo, I think you will find that it is starvation and disease that does that in the most part. Shooting, trapping and poisoning 'em certainly doesn't encourage them though.

Heavenly Creature

you bumped your head bhffy?THESE ARE GRAPHIC IMAGES OF HOUNDS AND A FOX DO NOT OPEN IF UPSET UNLESS YOU NEED ENLIGHTENING ABOUT TRIBAL WAYS
    Bu bu but cricket, have you ever watched a cat with a bird, or a mouse? Felt the pain of a rat which I have brutally slaughtered? been there in a slaughterhouse when cattle or lambs are being killed by people who like and enjoy their work? It's a mean old world. The ritual, cruel and barbaric slaughter of the occasional fox is no big deal.

Perhaps if foxes were vile and slimy like eels you might feel differently.

Transcending
    It doesn't control foxes because it's a very inefficient way of doing pest control, which is irrelevant because it isn't actually pest control, it's a romp on horses which frankly would be just as good without the fox.

In fact, for the huge amount of money that has been spent on this issue they could have employed a team of professional trail / scent layers and everyone except the most bloodthirsty would be happy.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, Sootyfoot

Heavenly Creature

Originally Posted by David Byron
    Another one is that only those living in the countryside can understand.
    Sadly everyone can live in the coutryside nowadays without leaving their lounge, and experience, judgement and attitudes are dispensed by the broadcast media.

Heavenly Creature

Originally Posted by Boaty McBoatface
    It doesn't control foxes because it's a very inefficient way of doing pest control, which is irrelevant because it isn't actually pest control, it's a romp on horses which frankly would be just as good without the fox.

In fact, for the huge amount of money that has been spent on this issue they could have employed a team of professional trail / scent layers and everyone except the most bloodthirsty would be happy.
    If only... you know what it's like, tell people they can't do it and they all want a piece. The class wars of a century and more ago are being played out by proxy. Political insanity.