THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive at the current donation rate! We currently have over 17000 members & if everyone donated we would never need to ask for money again. Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford it please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Thread: The trouble with studs...

Sex
    Male

The trouble with studs...

Hey dudes and dudettes, I'm having major trouble. I ordered some really neat screw-in spike studs, long ones. I wanted to put them on my denim vest, they where very heavy so they where all like "Let's meatspin!" So I had a brilliant idea of putting leather under the vest to stabilise them, so I got myself a belt (with studs) for 5 bucks thinking to myself: "Sweet, tons of studs for almost no cost plus a leather belt!" And I started working on getting the studs off the belt, but it's a total no go! I tried screwing them off, but they must've been glued in or something, I tried prying them off with my hammer, still a no go, I took a meatcleaver and my hammer, tryin' to cut them, still a no go, and I tried a monkeywrench to twist them off, nothing works. Any of you guys got any ideas on this conundrum?
    Love everyone, even those who hate you, because they need your love the most.

The leather will be in layers,the studs will probably have flaps(if you are lucky or machine press crimped in if not) to hold them in place,folded out in between the layers of leather,you will need to split the layers of leather apart,then fold the flaps/crimped bits of the studs up to remove them,just a guess of course.
    Good luck.

Sex
    Male
    Thanks for the tip man, I'll see if it helps to split the layers, the studs have a circular disk on the backside.

The studs are of this variety:

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Last edited by Zambaku; 07-01--2017 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Additional information

From the picture,they look like the studs will be in two parts,back and front, they will most likely be machine pressed together,you may not get them apart.Might be best to find similar studs and see how they are supposed to be fitted,have a look at suppliers,if they come in two parts,i think you will struggle,they are whats called,interference fit.

A quick google,

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

loads of others,

Sex
    Male
    Thanks, dudes! I experimented a bit and got some leather off and used under my denim and put my own spikes in, it was really wicked cool, but, the belt I got was of a thin model so I'll have to go find a broader model, this time without studs. I think I'm the first to do a denim vest with trippy patches and having spikes. Kind of like a mix between hippie and punk....Happy Punk? =) I'll post an image when it's all done. Peace and love to all brothers and sisters out there and many thanks for all the help