Thread: www.mysupermarket.com

www.mysupermarket.com

I really don't think I could live without this website now. Its so much more than simply a price comparison site although that is obviously its main purpose.
    Once you learn to navigate your way round the screens you can surf through all the supermarkets, see whats on reduction, whats on special offer and plan your shopping like a military campaign
    I reckon it saves me at the very least 1000 a year and probably a lot more.

Every morning I log in and browse through all the supermarkets. If something is on special I will often buy several and put them in the freezer or make soup etc and freeze it.

You could never, ever, take it all in by actually walking round the shops. I also find that making a list and sticking to it I am very focussed when I shop.

It soon makes you realise how much dearer (for example) Sainsbury's is for a lot of items. They headline some prices but make it back and more besides on the rest of your shop.

I am recommending it to you all, especially those on a tight budget, it takes a while to learn your way around it but I promise it will save you

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    The following users think this post is groovy: nicklincs, wanderingwill, Wulfie

Used that for a long time, permanent tab among 40 odd on my screen. I will make the foray into town for luxury items when on a good offer usually half price, Millicano, Twinings, Alpen, deodorant or everyday stuff and buy in bulk. Get some funny looks from other shoppers and cashiers but it never goes off.
    Not all who wander are lost
    The following users think this post is groovy: nicklincs

Heavenly Creature
    The only thing I have against ANY online food shopping is you can't get the final reductions, though within reason it's a good thing to stock up on none perishables.

Ah found it! Moderator FriedOnion's Avatar
    I have only ever used it to alert me when my milk substitute is on offer, I should have a better look.

It's expanded to cover more shops but I'll use Lidl or Aldi, depending on location, as a preference.
    I'll also use Google 'shopping', managed to save 7 / sack on jnrs dog chow with free delivery. (Little b has to have either barf or gluten free)

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by vanwoman84
    The only thing I have against ANY online food shopping is you can't get the final reductions, though within reason it's a good thing to stock up on none perishables.
    I don't use it for online shopping I just use it to check out whats cheap and where. Its quite amazing how prices for (say) fruit and veg can vary
    Last edited by Bernie; 11-01--2017 at 04:49 PM.

I also keep an eye on HotUK Deals, some good bargains on there too if you're quick. I believe there was 4xHeinz baked beans at Iceland in the last email.

We only use aldis or the company shop.
    Very occasionally go into tescos to buy teabags when they are on offer.

Anyone who buys pet food though might want to check petsathome website. I can order 2 12kg bags of dog food and have it delivered to the house (or the store) for 20 quid less than i can just walk in the shop and buy it for.