THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive without your donations! We have over 18000 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. We appreciate that not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do run at a loss - so if you can afford to help then please donate. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Thread: Ford Transit Engine and gearbox

Ford Transit Engine and gearbox

So van number two failed MOT for cracked windscreen and needs welding under the rear suspension mount.
    The central locking doesn't open the van anymore.
    And the back door handle doesn't work either.

Given the cost of getting No1 welded up, it isn't worth me trying to get this fixed.

So I am selling an 02 plate Ford Transit 2.4 Turbo Diesel Engine, with a 5 speed gearbox, single mass clutch (less than two years old)

The mileage cannot be verified, sometime between the previous owner and me the van lost 100,000 miles on the clock as it passed from dealer to dealer.

The engine can be seen and heard running in Telford Shropshire because it is currently fitted in to a LWB Hi-top panel van. KE 02 YTX

Looking to start this on eBay at the end of the month at 350, offered here for first refusal.

Delivery:
    Option 1, you come, collect the van and log book, drive it back to an MOT station near you then work on it.
    Option 2, you come, remove the engine and gearbox, and I will arrange for the shell to be scrapped with a certificate of destruction.#
    Option 3 (My least favourite) You pay me to remove the engine and gearbox, get it put on a pallet and have it delivered to you.

questions?

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Heavenly Creature
    I'm told the turbo version of the 2.4(2.5?) engine is more economincal to run than the non-turbo one, how did you find it?

Two years of receipts and tracking show that I averaged 26mpg.

The best I managed, with a slow steady run to Scotland was 36mpg.

Compared to the banana van previously, this was faster off the line, faster on the motorway or more economical depending on how hard I pressed the pedal.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Heavenly Creature
    OK, sounds depressingly like the NA engine. Thanks for the input, I will reconcile myself to plodding. Good luck with your sale!

Sold, yay!

The following users think this post is groovy: Brynhyffryd