THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive without your donations! We have over 18000 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. We appreciate that not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do run at a loss - so if you can afford to help then please donate. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Thread: vit pills

Tuning In

vit pills

can I take a general cheapo mulit vit for my vegan needs

is their a one pill fits all

whats best for value

thanks

I take multivitamins from Healthspan at certain times like when i'm working nights or in winter. They do a pill for vegetarians and vegans that seems decent enough and isn't too pricey..

I also take a rosehip supplement for my joints and for extra vitamin C. As an added bonus the rosehip had made my nails so strong that I can't bite them anymore
    The following users think this post is groovy: WREKAGE

Surely, I've you're vegan, vitamin supplements are the last thing you need.... It's the nutritional fatty acids like Omega3's I'd be concerned about...

Not Quite a Noobie Nomadic monster's Avatar
    Plenty of omega 3s, 6s and all essential amino acids. Unless you have a diagnosed nutritional deficiency OR you have a bad diet then there should be no reason to take sups. It can be worth having your bloods taken to check. You may be low on B12 but that is not a vegan only problem, it is an absorbency problem that can affect anyone. I take B12 occasionally because I was borderline low, but everything else was OK.
    Fresh (and raw) fruit and veg is the way to go!
    The following users think this post is groovy: WREKAGE

Quote Originally Posted by realnutter View Post
    Surely, I've you're vegan, vitamin supplements are the last thing you need
    It`s difficult in any diet to ensure you're getting everything you need everyday, especially when you have a busy lifestyle. It's not so much the vitamins that I worry about but some minerals like iodine. Have had my B12 tested a few times and the levels were fine so I must be getting enough from vegan milks, margarines etc..

I take veg1. It's a daily multivitamin formulated by the vegan society. I also take additional B12. I wait until Holland & Barrett have a penny sale on and stock up.

I always go for the chewable supplements because I've heard your body absorbs them better. Don't know if there's any truth in that but I hate swallowing tablets so it suits me