THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive at the current donation rate! We currently have over 17000 members & if everyone donated we would never need to ask for money again. Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford it please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Could you love 2 people at once. follow up past thread

Could you love 2 people at once. follow up past thread

Yes it is possible to love two or more people at once.Lets say you were born in London and lived most of your life in the this area .At some point you will meet someone fall in love live as partners or get married have kids do all the normal things that the rest of us do.Now lets say instead of being born in London you were born in Belfast and lived most of your life in the this area.Would you find someone to fall in love with i think you would, or most of us would remain single because how do you find your one and only true love. Where would you start looking if there is only one person you can fall in love with.How many of the right person is out there Hundreds i like to think lots of people would love me if i only knew where the lived .What do you think

Sex
    Female
    I'm lost

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Male
    The usual problem is, the other party has to be OK with being shared. This goes in many guises, from the Marquess of Bath's wifelets** to Poly Amory, a very popular young lady, who has her own group on this website, to "shags anything in sight", probably one or two of those around also. So basically, youre in the right place.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by GGERALD
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    ... i like to think lots of people would love me if i only knew where the lived .What do you think
    my mind is boggling!

**I understand that he recruited most of them on UKHippy, BTW, just putting in a plug for you, Paul
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, Lightbringer

Sex
    Female

Originally Posted by Brynhyffryd
    The usual problem is, the other party has to be OK with being shared. This goes in many guises, from the Marquess of Bath's wifelets** to Poly Amory, a very popular young lady, who has her own group on this website, to "shags anything in sight", probably one or two of those around also. So basically, youre in the right place.

my mind is boggling!

**I understand that he recruited most of them on UKHippy, BTW, just putting in a plug for you, Paul
    Nope still lost
    The following users think this post is groovy: Brynhyffryd, cricket

Sex
    Female
    Are you saying that you'd like more than one woman?

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Male
    He's a bit hard to follow but I think he's after a girl in every port, or something such.

Years ago i met my partner in London i was from Antrim Northern Ireland my partner was from Australia.If i had never traveled to London we would have not met .On saying that if i did did not move from Antrim what would have happened i would probably would have met someone else fall in love with and so on .What i am trying to say is the partner you are with now, the only person you could fall in love with. If your life had taken a different path .There must be lots of different people you could fall in love with what part do you not understand i am not saying i want a girl in every port .All i am saying is it is possible to love more than one person

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Male
    OK, sorry, I misread you GG.

I think it must be possible. How many people in the world? 7 billion? Don't tell me that only one has your name on her/him.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, cricket

Sex
    Female
    Ahh get you now! Yeah surely you can. Ohhh I wonder who else I love that I don't know about

The following users think this post is groovy: cricket

Sex
    Male
    You build your relationship with your partner and love comes later through trust and growing together. So it stands to reason that if you miss one through fate and a second partner enters your life then they are subject to the same force of attraction if you both make it so. It's tuning in and acceptance
    Not all who wander are lost
    The following users think this post is groovy: Brynhyffryd, cricket, Lightbringer

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Male

Originally Posted by Wulfie
    You build your relationship with your partner and love comes later through trust and growing together. So it stands to reason that if you miss one through fate and a second partner enters your life then they are subject to the same force of attraction if you both make it so. It's tuning in and acceptance
    quite it's not a key that will open only one lock.

Sex
    Female

Originally Posted by Brynhyffryd
    quite it's not a key that will open only one lock.
    It would be nice to think it was

Not Quite a Noobie Nomadic monster's Avatar
    Sex
    Female
    You can love more than once, for sure but I think there is only one soul mate :-)
    The following users think this post is groovy: essexcamper

Turning On
    Sex
    Male
    never had a soul mate for that I feel sad

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Male

Originally Posted by Nomadic monster
    You can love more than once, for sure but I think there is only one soul mate :-)
    Interesting assertion, do the math.. no, wait, you need to know how many "soul matings" have been acheived and i don't think the statistics exist, so that won't work.

Let's put it another way, I reckon that there is at least one potential soul mate per 100 of population of an appropriate sex for each of us, but that the "soul mate experience" is unrepeatable.

One life, live it
    Sex
    Male
    Love is a many faceted word. You can love in many different ways
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket

Walking back to happiness ma bungo's Avatar
    Sex
    Female

Sex
    Female
    Well I Be Thinking Yes What You Say Could Be True For Some And Not Be For Others...
    And Also Some People Fall In Love Very Easily And Be Some Do Not....

So Take My Friend....If She Moved To Every Town...Every City...Every Country ....She Would Fall In Love With Someone In Every Be One....As She Is Just That Way Bless Her As Then She Sadly Very Sadly Gets Her Heart Broken Over And Over Because She Craves To Be Loved ...And Also To Be In Love Its Just Her Way Be .

But I Be Thinking Sadly A Lot Of People Think They Are In Love With Someone But Sadly They Do Not Truly KNOW What True Spiritual/Physical Love Is .. And So THINK They Be In Love But Sadly They Not In TRUE Love...Because There Be A Mahoosive Difference Between Thinking You Are In Love ...And Truly Having Been Blessed And Gifted With Beautiful Spiritual Love.

True Love Does Not Be In Every Town Or City Country You Visit...And Have Rules Like "I Live In London So I Find Love Here...But If I Move To Say Manchester I Have A Love There Too And If I Then Moved To Scotland I Have A Love There Too Etc Etc ...Like Love Pebbles All Over And So When I Move Or Live In Another Town I Will Be Finding And Picking Up All Be My Love Pebbles Along The Way..Like A "Love Collector" "Multiple Partners" ..And So End Up With A "Whole Lotta Lovers Who I Am Supposed To Be In Love With In Every Town City Country Etc Etc.

Noooo True Love Is Very Beautiful Both Spiritually Deep And Physical And Very Rare Like Treasure It Be ...But...
    Yes..Some People Can Be Gifted Two/Three Etc (Menage Lovers) ....But NOT In Every Town..City Country Etc...I Think And Believe....Because...

Take A "Menage Relationship" Of Say 3 People ...All Say Loving Each Other ....ONE Of The 3 Will Always Feel A Little Bit Left Out...Or Feel The Other 2 Love Each Other More Than Them Etc Etc..But It Can Still Work With A Lot Of Accepting And Understanding And Being Trurhful And Trust All Together Etc ...As Peeps Do Have Very Beautiful Menage Relationships But It Is Hard At First Because Of The One That Feels "Insecure And Even Jealousy Etc"

So Being In Love Means That "BOTH OR ALL Etc " Have To Truly Love Each Other...As TRUE BEAUTIFUL LOVE Is NOT
    "One Sided" ....And Not Many In Fact RARELY That BOTH Lovers Will ACCEPT OR WANT TO SHARE ...The Man/Woman/Both Etc With A 3rd Or 4th Etc Etc... And Most If Not All Couples/Relationships Who Are TRULY In Beautiful Meanningful Pure Love ...Would Not Even Think Or Want Or Look Etc At Another Person Because Their
    "Eyes Heart Mind Body Spirit" Only Sees And Feels Their Beautiful True Love Who Has Their Heart Now And They Feel That They Have Been Truly Blessed And Gifted With A Beautiful Treasure Forever...
    If That Be Making Sense
    Form From The Void & Mists
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, quintessence, Roamer

Not Quite a Noobie Nomadic monster's Avatar
    Sex
    Female

Originally Posted by history
    never had a soul mate for that I feel sad
    It just wasn't meant to be I guess :-( Maybe in your next life?

Sex
    Female
    I could love 3 people at once.

Why not?

I cant be doing with all this I OWNNNN you lark
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, frame69

Sex
    Male
    I'd like a girl in every port!

The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, Roamer

Heavenly Creature parrotandcrow's Avatar
    Sex
    Female
    This girl likes a port in me.
    If men bore wings and had black feathers, few would be intelligent enough to be crows.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, Danann, dollybassett, frame69, Lightbringer, Roamer

Sex
    Male
    It can be very difficult.......don't do it.

Frame.
    Poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Roamer

Sex
    Female
    Well I guess my story is similar to the OP's.I'm Australian,my husband is british.I don't believe in soul mates as such.That sounds pretty unromantic,but being a realist,I believe there would be literally 1000's of guys out there that would also be suitable for me,likewise the same for my husband.I love my husband alot,but I'm not into that "Clingy,without you I'd die,life without you would'nt be worth living"type love.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer, Roamer