THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website is perpetually in arrears & will not survive without regular donations! Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do have over 18000 members & if just half of you donated we would never have to worry about money again. We value your support, so if you can afford it please stop us worrying by making a donation. There is a thread on running costs here.

Thread: Cannibals talking about the dude they just cooked

the devil's avocado Moderator Paul's Avatar

Cannibals talking about the dude they just cooked

This video is a group of men talking about the sorcerer they killed, cooked and ate...

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fascinating stuff, but how far should we go to allow or support these prehistoric/tribal cultures and their practices?

It's a difficult one because if a tribe chooses to not be part of our culture, then what right do we have to tell them what to do?

I mean several countries still stone women to death for adultery and we don't do anything about that, other than maybe try to persuade them it's a bad idea, so I don't see how this is any different.

The eating part is pretty irrelevant In my opinion...is just a body...
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, Danann, Lightbringer

Ohhh cannibals! I was think how the fuck does cannabis talk about cooking people

The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, Danann, dollybassett, GivingItThought, Paul

Ah found it! Moderator FriedOnion's Avatar
    Do we put too much of a premium on the fact that it is a human? Is a human really worth so much more than an animal? I think it's only a big deal because our dominant religions say it is, without that it's no biggy.

To take it a step further, it reminds me of the news reports of a bus/plane crash in some far off land where 37 nameless unimportant people and ONE BRITISH PERSON!!!! died. The relevance is only made valid if we can relate to it.

Hmmmmm.... when does a little tribe with its own culture stop being something worth preserving, and start being a a movement with abhorrent practices?

After all, hunting for food, FGM, cannibalism, polygamy etc etc all started in little tribes... Where do we draw the line, and on which areas of their activity?

Seemed they were saying it was inhuman of them to eat the sorcerer and the taste was bad but they did it to prevent the sorcerer from eating them.....

Extrapolated the conurtations are self evident to me at least.....

Metaphorically Cannibalism exists in western societies and is culturally rewarded.....

The question is whether one can step beyond it and still maintain an argument that sways barbaricists from continuing to exploit better nature.......so far the evidence shows not.

The sorceres continue to feast.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Danann

This Was Not Sort Of Shocking To Me....As I Have Known And Hear Be Of Tribes/Cultures Etc Eating Their People Who Have Gone To The Forever Sleep Meaning (Dead)...Because Of Their Culture/Tribal/Spiritual Beliefs Etc And So This Be Why Also I Have Be Hearing Of This Too...Because For Them ...They Have Not Been Or Be Touched By Mans Worlds Hands Or Mans World Ways....
    They Do Not Have Mans Beliefs Or Mans World Ways...And Yes Mans World Is Shocked And Disgusted And Think It Be Pre Historic And Savages Etc Etc ...
    Because It Seems Unbeluevable In These Days ...

But You Have Not To Be Looking And Judging And Pointing At Them Because You Only Look Out Of The Eyes Of Mans World And Mans World Thinking And Beliefs And Ways....Because They Do Not Walk Live Talk Etc Etc Along Side By Side With Mans World Or Know It..

And To Them They Live In Fear And Believe In What They Say Will Happen To Them If They Do Not Do This....They See It Not As Wrong ..Or Pre Historic Or Savage Etc Etc Etc They See It As Their Survival...Something They Must Do And Have Done Before Mans World Is How It Be Today...To Them Its Simply Eat Or Be Eaten ...And Simply As That...And Are Driven By Their Be Fears And Spirirual Tribal Beliefs To Do This.

So I Think Many Of Mans World People Should Point That Judging Finger At Themselves Before They Judge Label And Condemn These Ancient Sacred Beliefs Of This Tribal People ....For They Not Do It For Greed Or Power Or Lands And Violence And Hate Etc Etc Etc As Mans World Kills And Rapes Every Day...Every Few Minutes Every Hour Men..Women..Children..Animals Etc Etc Not For Survival And Ancient Feared Spiritual Sacred Tribal Beliefs...Nooooo Mans World Does This For FUN GREED POWER.MONEY ..LANDS..VIOLENCE..BELIEFS...HATE..SPORT ..Etc Etc Etc ...

So....I Ask You All And "Anybody" Be This ....
    "WHO IS THE REAL BARBARIC PRE HISTORIC SAVAGE ETC...ETC...????
    THEM?. OR MANS WORLD??

And I Know My Answer Already ...And To Me That Is
    "MAN" AND "MANS WORLD"..Not "THEM".
    Form From The Void & Mists
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket

Every animal is the same to me.

Frame.

- - - Updated - - -

Eat one...eat them all.....kittens...gerbils...cows...human s

Frame.
    Poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, FriedOnion

We can't tell them not to do it any more than they can't tell us what to do. In the grand scheme of things we (the so called developed world) are responsible for more death and destruction than they are.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by emmadilemma
    I mean several countries still stone women to death for adultery and we don't do anything about that, other than maybe try to persuade them it's a bad idea, so I don't see how this is any different.
    We just tend to buy oil from them instead.
    Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, Danann, GivingItThought, zendaze

They will evolve through modern interference into their world. Partly for the better, by our values but mostly for the worse by losing their culture and beliefs. They should be thankful in their eden that they don't have anything we want or somebody would take it away, make them wear clothes and worship the god of finance as their world becomes tied to money.
    Not all who wander are lost
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, Danann, GivingItThought

Transcending
    With my pessimistic head on, we live in a country where both adults and children are abused on a daily basis, where there's very little help and support for people who've been raped, sexually assaulted or are trying to escape domestic violence (men and women), where the conviction rate for rape is so low it's almost legal and where the treatment of victims is so bad that many don't report it at all (and I believe I read that's even more likely for men than it is for women). We give our money to companies that don't pay tax and vilify the unemployed or long term sick. Our houses are full of goods that are made in sweat shops, we pump animals full of goodness knows what and keep them in poor conditions so we can eat more of them for less money, we throw away tonnes of food each year whilst people go hungry and houses sit empty whilst people sleep in doorways. There are a lot of positives, of course, and a lot of good people working hard to change things but personally I feel we're in such a mess that we have no right to tell any other country or culture what they ought to be doing until we've sorted ourselves out (and I can think of a few politicians that I would not shed a tear for should I hear they ended up in the cooking pot whilst visiting an overseas tribe
    ).
    The following users think this post is groovy: alices wonderland, cricket, Danann, FriedOnion, kiwikid, Lightbringer, parrotandcrow, Wulfie, zendaze

I'm wondering what it tasted like? It's not like they can compare it to anything from our supermarkets and offer a heady food guide. I wonder if like I once thought about cannibals, that they took on the "power" strength of the person (enemy) they were eating. If that "extra" power added anything to the taste, the eating experience? If I eat a unfamiliar insect. I experience more than taste while I'm munching on it and still "feel" something else while it's going through my guts. Possibly only because it's a "insect" & we don't often eat them as a rule.
    We could be obliged to put signs up in and around the jungle in a language they understand. "Please don't eat the tourist"
    even a gypsy caravan is too much settling down.

exiled cornishman wandering gypsy's Avatar
    supposed to taste like pork hence the cannibals of new guinea called it long pig

Walking back to happiness ma bungo's Avatar
    I thought sailors back in the day called it that too ?

Heavenly Creature

Originally Posted by Michael Flanders
    (From "the Reluctant Cannibal")
    if the juju had meant us not to eat people he wouldn't have made us of meat
    Something horribly repugnant about eating people.

That depends who it is Bh
    and which part,cue LB
    .Mammals regulary reabsorb foetus for many reasons,even many single births may well have started out as twins.Sharks have multiple foetus...till the strongest eats the rest before birth.I have seen pigs eat their own ,admittedly dead,young and most animals eat the placenta at least for the nourishment and to deter predators.I remember a plane crash a few years ago in a reomte place, where some survived and the hushed canibalism word was whispered.Many cultures believe still, that part of a being you have conquered,if eaten bestows power upon the eater.Why is our meat more sacrosanct than other beings?I could never eat my hound.In china they have a festival of dog eating.Is our country going to saction trade of all chinese goods till they stop?They are civilised same as us.GThought mentioned our own civilised negligence and brutality."Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"is a good all round saying.If I was in a remote place and eating some of my dead companion was my only choice of survival.I would attend respectfully and spiritually to their departure,then maybe think of borrowing a little bit of unwanted flesh if I had to.Unless it was my beloved hound.
    Last edited by cricket; 18-01--2017 at 10:13 PM.
    The following users think this post is groovy: FriedOnion

Heavenly Creature

Originally Posted by cricket
    That depends who it is Bh
    and which part,cue LB
    .Mammals regulary reabsorb foetus for many reasons,even many single births may well have started out as twins.
    Never tried foetus and would avoid TBH. I've known dogs eat their pups.

If it was "die or eat human flesh" I would probably eat it, but there is something disgusting about it. Maybe committed vegans think think the same way about meat.

Originally Posted by Brynhyffryd
    Maybe committed vegans think think the same way about meat.
    I find it hard to eat swan and that tastes delicious.
    even a gypsy caravan is too much settling down.

Tuning In
    2 cannibals eating a clown and one turns to the other and says...........

this taste a bit funny to you...
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, Lightbringer

Not all who wander are lost

Ah found it! Moderator FriedOnion's Avatar

Originally Posted by Brynhyffryd
    If it was "die or eat human flesh" I would probably eat it, but there is something disgusting about it. Maybe committed vegans think think the same way about meat.
    When you go a few years without having any meat or being around it you'd be surprised how bad it smells. On a train someone opened a tupperware pot of meat, I smelt it & thought a baby had crapped itself while a minute or so later a colleague with me said "hmm that chicken smells good".
    The following users think this post is groovy: parrotandcrow

Te he.....the hoi polloi ate the man before he had a chance to eat them.

Are we so brainwashed and so far gone and so sophisticated that the primitive, cultural parallel is lost in translation and warped mirrors?
    Last edited by zendaze; 23-01--2017 at 01:46 AM.

There has been a move over the last few decades to reduce interference and protect indigenous cultures.....its potentially patronising but is happening. What can be done for those indigeounats that have taken to drugs, alcohol and self destruction and have their mental health issues labelled as such because protectionism was not in fashion.

Chilling Out
    Recently read 'The Falling Sky' by Davi Kopenawa and Bruce Albert.
    No previous knowledge of Yanomami society but interested that they have no real cannibalism but have a symbolic framework that involves it - game animals are physical forms of ancestors who were humans before this world came to be and hence eating them is an act of cannibalism. Taking a human life (usually in context of conflict between villages/communities) is referred to as 'eating' the enemy, and the person who has killed goes through a prescribed 'fasting' to expel the symbolic flesh consumed. There is also a shamanic warfare system that involves spirit emissaries 'eating' enemies. Certainly their attitude to their own dead is to hang bodies in trees to remove flesh from bones as quickly as possible and cremate bones. This bone ash is sometimes consumed by the community or neighbours in a soup. This is part of getting rid of the physical presence of the person as quickly as possible to liberate the spirit.

I was curious as to whether this is a remnant of a full-on cannibalism culture that has become symbolised, or indeed whether our belief that groups of people are actively eating each other is sometimes a misunderstanding.