THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive without your donations! We have over 18000 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. We appreciate that not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do run at a loss - so if you can afford to help then please donate. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Thread: Ouija Boards

Ouija Boards

What do you think of them?
    load of old rubbish, or something to be wary of?
    It seems to be a common view, even amongst those who are quite sceptical, that they shouldn't be messed with.
    Any stories to share?
    I'm asking because0I have one (never used) and I find my mind often wanders to the idea of 'having a go'. Too scared up till now though, and when discussing it with a friend, she had quite an extreme reaction, which took us both by surprise!

Oh bum! Wrong forum! Sorry.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer, Paul

Walking back to happiness ma bungo's Avatar
    Give it a go , whats the worse that can happen ?

Transcending
    Whilst I don't believe in fairies, ghosts, or gods, I do believe that the human mind, more specifically the subconscious part, is a lot more active than most people believe.

Can it actually communicate desires physically by moving your hand ? Who knows, but water divining might be an indication.

I could get inhabited by an evil spirit, I guess? I wouldn't mind doing it round someone else's house - selfish but true!

Walking back to happiness ma bungo's Avatar
    For max effect , do it in an abandoned church on mushrooms .
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer, likahamadoolihan, NomadicRT, ursus, WREKAGE, yazz

Great idea, Ma..
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer

Don't mess with them unless you can protect yourselves.

Heavenly Creature parrotandcrow's Avatar
    It's in your computer . . .

Dum dum dum dum dum . . .

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Not for the mentally unstable and not to be played with as if it works then you are fubar. It's never worked for me.
    Not all who wander are lost

Do you think it could unsettle a fragile mind, or possibly that spirits/entities or evil could enter a mind that is frail?

the devil's avocado Moderator Paul's Avatar

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Wulfie
    Not for the mentally unstable and not to be played with as if it works then you are fubar.
    This is one of those ideas that gets spread around anecdotally, but I'm yet to meet anyone who's ever gone nuts as a result of a ouija session.

(or should that be "an" ouija?
    )

Transcending
    I think the biggest danger is that your subconscious writes something that you know to be true, and hence convinces you that spirits, fairies, etc., actually exist. Then you are indeed FUBAR.

Originally Posted by Paul
    This is one of those ideas that gets spread around anecdotally, but I'm yet to meet anyone who's ever gone nuts as a result of a ouija session.

(or should that be "an" ouija?
    )
    Ohhh maybe that's why I'm mental!! Lol

Tuning In
    look out for folk who use that kind of stuff for their own ends , its a bit like be good do as your told work hard give us money and your go to heaven.
    The following users think this post is groovy: ursus

Noobie
    I did it in the dark sniff a bit of wd40 I was 16 shit myself ever since at night time!!

Transcending

Originally Posted by Some Girl
    I did it in the dark sniff a bit of wd40 I was 16 shit myself ever since at night time!!
    Sad to think you have damaged your mind. On the bright side, you probably won't rust.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Miss_bee, patchypete, realnutter

I am 99.9% sure that they are just a bunch of crap. But there is that .1% that always thinks...what if.

I remember as kids playing with these by candle light and holy shit did we ever scare each other. Every noise , flicker of the candle would send chills up your spine.

Originally Posted by Uncut
    I am 99.9% sure that they are just a bunch of crap. But there is that .1% that always thinks...what if.

I remember as kids playing with these by candle light and holy shit did we ever scare each other. Every noise , flicker of the candle would send chills up your spine.
    I was in America a couple of years back, I was quite surprised to find that you can buy Ouija boards in toy and book shops for dirt cheap, over there they are just classed as board games.
    Form is nothingness and nothingness is form.

Originally Posted by Uncut

Everyone seems wary of ouija boards.. 'just in case'