Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace

lone wolf survivalist.
    that guy at Orly airport wasn't peaceful was he? he said he wanted to "die for Allah" and he did!!
    The following users think this post is groovy: likahamadoolihan

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by gophangover
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    So called "Christians" committed genocide on the Native Americans, killing over 100 million. Hitler claimed to be Christian, and tried to become a Catholic priest. The Catholic church killed millions,beheading and burning them at the stake, for over a thousand years.

What the radical Muslims do, they learned from the Catholic church during the Crusades.
    So far as the crusades go -

I think that it was after several centuries of Muslim conquest and invasion ,where land was taken from as far as the Levant,Palestine and Jerusalem,Egypt,Turkey ,Ghana, Afghanistan ,right upto Spain - areas that used to be called Anatolia and Andalus ,that the Christian crusades began.
    In 1094 the Byzantium emperor Alexius Comnenus I asked for help from western Christendom to help against muslim invasions of his territory.
    In 1095 pope Urbanus II preaches for the first crusade. Jerusalem was captured in 1099.
    During these Muslim conquest ,Churches and religious buildings were destroyed and cities ransacked , the conquered people had three choices -fight and die,convert and pay the zakat tax or keep their biblical faith and pay the jizya tax, be treated as second class citizens and be referred to as dhimmis.
    Dhimmi as a status was orignally just applied to Jews, Christians and Sabians.Later the status was also applied to Zoroastrians,Mandaeans,Hindus and Buddhist.
    It should also be noted that Islamic expansion continued well into the 17th century. For example Constantinople was conquered by muslim crusaders in 1453 and Vienna was unsuccessfully beseiged for the second time in 1683.

Of course it would be ridiculous to suggest that Byzantine and Western European leaders always behaved in an exemplary manner, but I think that some people seem to believe that Islam was an innocent victim in the whole history of the crusades and this simply is not true.

As for Hitler-

Last edited by likahamadoolihan; 20-03--2017 at 07:35 PM.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Miss_bee

Originally Posted by gophangover
    So called "Christians" committed genocide on the Native Americans, killing over 100 million. Hitler claimed to be Christian, and tried to become a Catholic priest. The Catholic church killed millions,beheading and burning them at the stake, for over a thousand years.

What the radical Muslims do, they learned from the Catholic church during the Crusades.
    Didn't dare mention it on another thread
    but Hitler was a teetotaller and a vegetarian.

Curious about your Native American comments and I agree as to the attempted genocide but would appreciate knowing where you discovered the 100 million statistic from please?
    "The European Union is just like a jigsaw puzzle, except the pieces all come from different puzzles". - Red Dragon

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us".
    - Calvin+Hobbes

A lot of anti-Islamic websites are sharing “Adolf Hitler Quote” images. The images declare either that Adolf Hitler said “The only religion I respect is Islam, the only prophet I admire is Mohammed,” or that “By defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of of Allah.” These quotes seem to indicate that Adolf Hitler was a Muslim and praised Islam.

They’re fakes. In Mein Kampf, Hitler used the words "God", "the Creator", "Providence" and "the Lord". ..... with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord".

These false quotes have been whipped up by someone who wants to tell a story that connects Islam to Nazism, that makes it easier for you to hate Muslims as Hitler’s supposed modern-day favored ones. Whoever whipped up the quotes wants to use falsehood to smear over the truth that Hitler was raised Christian, that Hitler went to schools with Christian instruction as an child, that Hitler identified as Christian as an adult, and that Hitler used Christian religious imagery in his language right up to and during the year he committed suicide and had his body burned.
    The following users think this post is groovy: likahamadoolihan, parrotandcrow

Walking back to happiness ma bungo's Avatar
    I know fuck all about Islam other than when I have been a guest in the houses of Muslims in both Morocco and India, and I could not of wanted for a better host .
    The following users think this post is groovy: Chazz, likahamadoolihan, parrotandcrow

Are you sure that they're false quotes ? If so , thank you for pointing it out. I haven't used the images before and wont use them again .
    That being said ,it's pretty well known that Hiter admired Islam and shared some common ground within their ideologies whilst at the same also considering Arabs to be racially inferior . Their were also SS units made up entirely of tens of thousands Muslims recruited by the grand mufti of Jerusalem and arab nationalist and former prime minister of the kingdom of Iraq ,Rashid Ali al-Gaylani .
    Last edited by likahamadoolihan; 20-03--2017 at 09:03 PM.

Originally Posted by Chazz
    right up to and during the year he committed suicide and had his body burned.
    Wrong, that's what they want you to think.......... he's alive and well and living at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20500, USA and here's a recent undoctored photo to prove it really is him

Not all who wander are lost

Fair enough, the evidence is clear

Originally Posted by likahamadoolihan
    So far as the crusades go -

I think that it was after several centuries of Muslim conquest and invasion ,where land was taken from as far as the Levant,Palestine and Jerusalem,Egypt,Turkey ,Ghana, Afghanistan ,right upto Spain - areas that used to be called Anatolia and Andalus ,that the Christian crusades began.
    Where I've been living since the late eighties is called Andalucia (the land of the Andalus). The effects of Moorish culture are visible everywhere.
    The rulers before the Moors arrived were the Visigoths who'd conquered and held Spain in spite of only making up between 1-2% of the population.
    The Moorish army that came to Spain was mainly Berbers, only recently (and partly superficially) converted to Islam. It was a relatively tolerant regime.
    Spain at that time had been held by the Visigoths for a long time. One Visigoth King died in battle with the Berbers, then the next Visigoth King, Theudimer, signed a conditional capitulation by which his lands were made into an autonomous client state under Umayyad rule ("the rule of God"). His government and the Christian beliefs of his subjects were respected.
    Over the following centuries there were a number of Moorish rulers that struggled with each other for power, but the population was mostly free to continue being Christians. The Hispanic Church, based in Toledo, whose status remained largely undiminished under the new rulers, fell out with the Roman Church in the late 8th century.
    So there was a tolerance of Christianity, with some churches holding both Christian and Muslim services. The Muslims brought with them knowledge of irrigation and farming that was invaluable to the southern half of Spain. I've spent many days admiring miles on miles of irrigation that still exists to this day, bringing fertility to previously unproductive land.

Last edited by Chazz; 21-03--2017 at 12:49 PM.
    The following users think this post is groovy: likahamadoolihan, ma bungo, Paul, Wulfie

When Rome regained power, the tolerance turned to dust, the Berbers and others had to hide in the mountains, and run for their lives when found.

Their was some tolerance to christians depending on which emir was ruling but it didn't always last . Theudimer took up the fight against the mainly berber forces ( but later reinforced with arab forces ) after the death of King Roderick the usurper at the battle of Guadette in 710 or 711. Theudimer was eventually defeated after a fierce battle .The lives of the citizens were spared on condition of submitting to muslim rule and paying a tribute/jizya and informing on opponents of the new regime . Theudimer was allowed to keep his title and lands.

I think that the methods of irrigation that are mentioned were originally from Persian culture and then became incoporated into muslim culture after the arab muslim invasion of the levant

Nice pictures btw.
    Last edited by likahamadoolihan; 21-03--2017 at 07:29 PM.