THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website is perpetually in arrears & will not survive without regular donations! Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do have over 18000 members & if just half of you donated we would never have to worry about money again. We value your support, so if you can afford it please stop us worrying by making a donation. There is a thread on running costs here.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Becoming a Recluse

Becoming a Recluse

I live in a motor home on a driveway. Sometimes if not working I dont go outside all day and i love it. I never seem to have enough time to myself. I have good internet and electric hook up, cctv to see if anyone outside. It seems like a chore to go out to see people. Do others feel like this or am i becoming a recluse....
    The following users think this post is groovy: Danann, Lionheart888, NomadicRT, treestump

Your not alone...

Those Mountains that you're carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

I'm not a people person and prefer my dogs company although I do miss female companionship, that's not just sex but more the other stuff, for want of a better word, interaction, touch and being. Apart from that as most of my real friends are pushing up daisys, the rest are way scattered I'm content in my bubble. I'd rather be out driving, mooching round back lanes than stuck in but short of the right person coming along I'm okay without company besides there's only me to let myself down or cause myself disappointment.
    Not all who wander are lost
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, essexcamper, Lionheart888

You mean there are others like me.....

Dont feel so alone now lol
    The trouble is, you think you have time.

The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, essexcamper, Lionheart888, Lonesomestranger, Sootyfoot

I find it all a bit of a bind to have to go out too. I enjoy being in my own place, listening to my music, doing my own thing.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, essexcamper, Lonesomestranger

I might have to be somewhere by 6 and not even start to get ready until the last minuet, unless its work and then i'm never late. I am a sociable enough person but i can feel myself becoming more and more reclusive.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Sootyfoot

Does it worry you, camper?
    I'm exactly the same. As the time gets closer to my night out, I start to feel really resentful, think of all the things I would rather be doing indoors..
    The following users think this post is groovy: essexcamper, Lonesomestranger

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_bee View Post
    Does it worry you, camper?
    I'm exactly the same. As the time gets closer to my night out, I start to feel really resentful, think of all the things I would rather be doing indoors..
    I wouldn't say worry, but i have friends that are bored if not out n about all the time. I feel like they all want part of my time but theres never enough time for me and feel exactly the same as you do.

I get bored being out, to be honest. Particularly "nights out" and that kind of thing. I have nothing to wear, can't be bothered to dress up, and end up looking at my watch, praying it'll all be over soon!
    I'm ok with just going round someone's house, where I can drink coffee and slob around.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, essexcamper, Fire-Tree, Lonesomestranger, NomadicRT, Sootyfoot

lone wolf survivalist.
    I've never been a people person, I find others so boring, I prefer the company of animals and a walk in the country to associating with human beings. in another life I would have been a professional hermit.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, essexcamper, itinerant child, junkmayle, Levey, Lonesomestranger, nicklincs, NomadicRT, Sootyfoot

Heavenly Creature itinerant child's Avatar
    I would not call myself a recluse per se,though I absolutely adore my moments of solitude spent in the middle of national parks and mountain ranges.
    I , like many on here no doubt only get lonely when I am around other people and am not fitting comfortably into their reality!
    If you are getting lonely on your own,then you need to get to know yourself better and learn to do the things that stop that feeling by making yourself feel good.

Dont get me wrong though,I love to spend a nice evening with good company listening to good music and talking a healthy mix of wisdom and bollox

Take me to a party and I am happy to mooch around either djing or collecting wood and keeping the fire going but tend not to like just circulating around chatting to people. If the music is good,I could just dance on my own all night long too like this furry groovester
    anything is possible,that my friends is a mathematical certainty ;-)
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, cricket, essexcamper, Lonesomestranger

I never get invited to parties - wonder why?
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket

We will have our own party

My idea of dressing up is wearing a nice jumper and clean slippers.. partayy!
    The following users think this post is groovy: essexcamper, itinerant child, Petew, Sootyfoot

I am a professional hermit and proud, I regularly don't see another soul for 2 weeks and even then it's a lidl's/builders merchants/fuel run planned like a military operation and back to my chateau as quickly as possible.
    just a simple guy
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, essexcamper, nicklincs, NomadicRT, patchypete, Petew, Sootyfoot, wanderingwill

The event is always better when you can dress down to go to it
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, essexcamper, Miss_bee, Sootyfoot

Quote Originally Posted by Offgrid hero View Post
    I am a professional hermit and proud, I regularly don't see another soul for 2 weeks and even then it's a lidl's/builders merchants/fuel run planned like a military operation and back to my chateau as quickly as possible.
    Chateau indeed,and there was me holding you in high regard

Quote Originally Posted by itinerant child View Post
    Chateau indeed,and there was me holding you in high regard
    Sorry I meant shat-hole.
    just a simple guy
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, essexcamper, itinerant child, patchypete, Sootyfoot

exiled cornishman wandering gypsy's Avatar
    often go two weeks or more without talking to a soul am happiest just driving down the road and wondering what is over the next hill
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, essexcamper, Fire-Tree, hagrid, itinerant child, nicklincs, NomadicRT, patchypete, Sootyfoot, wanderingwill

Quote Originally Posted by wandering gypsy View Post
    often go two weeks or more without talking to a soul am happiest just driving down the road and wondering what is over the next hill
    I am very much understanding that Harry. A changing view constantly is great for the head,whereas people can be great for doing in said head
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, essexcamper, Sootyfoot

Quote Originally Posted by Offgrid hero View Post
    Sorry I meant shat-hole.
    Thats ok I am a connoseur,coneseur,conneseir,oh bollox- a common sewer
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, Miss_bee

Maybe because your response is often "fuck off"

Yep! I'm a -'Jonah Lewy' at parties. Always in the kitchen..

Heavenly Creature
    Those dreadful jokes, at a guess!