THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive without your donations! We have over 18000 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. We appreciate that not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do run at a loss - so if you can afford to help then please donate. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How do people do it?

I think the key thing find your niche what do you want to do?
    Yeah we would all love to sell fresh air to people via the click of an online button
    and sit back watching the money roll in
    But that ain't gonna happen.
    So you you need to decide what it is you want to do?
    If you dont know then figure that one out
    are your outdoorsy? indoorsy?
    are you hands on or theory
    can you sell sand to the Arabs with your gift of gab
    or are you better hiding behind your product or service
    Can you teach a skill?#is there a skill you have to teach?
    Will it be a service? or product?
    local or global?
    but the BIGGEST Question of all is WHAT YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT?
    The other big one is
    What problem is your service product going to solve?
    I do most of my own stunts because the stunt guys show me how.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Petew

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by orys
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    "Those, who don't give a fuck are rewarded in life". I've decided to live by it, and it works!
    I love that quote 😊

Turning On

Originally Posted by treestump
    Yeah we would all love to sell fresh air to people via the click of an online button
    and sit back watching the money roll in
    But that ain't gonna happen.
    Hello??

It happens already!

Some good stuff to think about, thanks all.

The trouble is, you think you have time.

I feel your pain mate, in a job your not keen on, however I find it's the people I work with. Think of the bigger picture. One thing that's helped me is writing a journal or diary. Get it all out, and as the months go by, look back on old entrys to track progress.
    The following users think this post is groovy: ma bungo, NomadicRT, oddballdave, parrotandcrow, Petew

Heavenly Creature
    Darrrrrrrren, welcome back mate, where have you been hiding?

Walking back to happiness ma bungo's Avatar
    ^^^^

Haha thankyou. I could write you a book but I've had an operation and been getting help for the mental health side of life. But things are moving forward I think. Missed you all I have. Hope everyone is well.
    The following users think this post is groovy: NomadicRT, parrotandcrow, Petew, Uncle jhad

Originally Posted by darrrren
    Haha thankyou. I could write you a book but I've had an operation and been getting help for the mental health side of life. But things are moving forward I think. Missed you all I have. Hope everyone is well.
    I don't know you but if you have been needing help with the mental health issues then big respect from me because that's tough shit to deal with and not let it slide. What part of Wales to you inhabit?

I'm from Pontypool. Welcome to come for a brew sometime if you want and chat about stuff.

Petew.......It sounds like you are fucked......Who knows how people do it......There are zero convincing explanations in the replies so far....

What's your analytical take on the issue?

Bankruptcy and inflation of property values were previously available options but since the elders have become demented and paranoid about their longevity everyone else is forced to suffer far stricter rules than experienced by them in order to keep them comfortable.....

You should probably be angry about that but I suspect you are an exemplary individual suffering the effects of an economy that wants to make its slaves delusional mentalists.

You've been fucked over and it will not stop.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Petew

Heavenly Creature parrotandcrow's Avatar
    Hey Darrren, nice to see you back. Hope your life is going well.
    If men bore wings and had black feathers, few would be intelligent enough to be crows.

Originally Posted by zendaze
    Petew.......It sounds like you are fucked......Who knows how people do it......There are zero convincing explanations in the replies so far....

What's your analytical take on the issue?

Bankruptcy and inflation of property values were previously available options but since the elders have become demented and paranoid about their longevity everyone else is forced to suffer far stricter rules than experienced by them in order to keep them comfortable.....

You should probably be angry about that but I suspect you are an exemplary individual suffering the effects of an economy that wants to make its slaves delusional mentalists.

You've been fucked over and it will not stop.
    All very true, but, i wont let the fukers grind me down.

Will do it, and slowly but oh so surely getting through it all.

Good times cant be that many moons away.....

The following users think this post is groovy: Miss_bee, zendaze

It won't come....The elders are sucking up every available resource and will spare no person in their pursuit of self interest.....And by the time the sucked on reach elder status euthanasia will likely be the expected option and written into economic policy.

Paying it forward has become topsy turvy.

The UK cannot support the health and care needs of elders without robbing younger generations and younger generations when actualised into parliamentarians will not tolerate this continual theft.
    Last edited by zendaze; 17-03--2017 at 11:48 PM.
    The following users think this post is groovy: NomadicRT, Petew

Originally Posted by zendaze
    It won't come....The elders are sucking up every available resource and will spare no person in their pursuit of self interest.....And by the time the sucked on reach elder status euthanasia will likely be the expected option and written into economic policy.

Paying it forward has become topsy turvy.

The UK cannot support the health and care needs of elders without robbing younger generations and younger generations when actualised into parliamentarians will not tolerate this continual theft.
    But....

Having spent time re-evaluating my situation, money, wants, needs etc then i have come to the conclusion that i cant beat the system.

I can however put two fingers up to said system and say "Fuck you"

So although i am paying off debts and i cant just go out and buy a van and sod off, i can start to put ideas and events in motion.

By careful spending and looking forward i think it can be done.

The following users think this post is groovy: nomis, orys

Petew do you have the space to store a van and work on it?

You might find it helpful to get something cheap if it comes up. And work on it slowly.

It may give you that light at the end of the tunnel if you feel your actively preparing for when the time is right.

I picked up my transit for 300. Admittedly its cost more over the months but you can really get a lot done cheaply if you scout out the right materials.

Originally Posted by NickJ
    Petew do you have the space to store a van and work on it?

You might find it helpful to get something cheap if it comes up. And work on it slowly.

It may give you that light at the end of the tunnel if you feel your actively preparing for when the time is right.

I picked up my transit for 300. Admittedly its cost more over the months but you can really get a lot done cheaply if you scout out the right materials.
    No space at the moment and as yet can not afford one either.