THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive without your donations! We have over 18000 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. We appreciate that not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do run at a loss - so if you can afford to help then please donate. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

View Poll Results: How long until Trump is impeached

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not at all

6 54.55%
  • Within the first year

5 45.45%
  • Within the 2nd year

0 0%
  • Within the Third year

0 0%
  • Within the Fourth year

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: How long until Trump is impeached

Walking back to happiness ma bungo's Avatar

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Brynhyffryd
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    It may be good enough for you ma but it is rather ambiguous, all it does is to express your dislike, journos, lawyers and teachers are all in the communication business and their personal opinions are (or should be) of little interest, so more evidence and more accuracy is advisable.

Us Bungos is simple folk , and round the dinner table , where court is held .If I said

[Trump is] a charismatic narcissist who feeds on the crowd to become ever stronger, creating a cult around himself.

no one would know what I ment , but if I said he was a right cunt , they would get my jist .
    The following users think this post is groovy: Brynhyffryd, NomadicRT, Rick69, Wulfie

The Spectator has journalist of all political persuasions , have you read the excellent Nick Cohen who writes for them as well as the Observer amongst others.
    Douglas isn't anti - islamic but he speaks honestly about Islam and its inherent problems. A neo - conservative ? but last I heard he was described as a liberal value ,small c conservative .
    Last edited by likahamadoolihan; 31-01--2017 at 09:24 PM.
    The following users think this post is groovy: ma bungo

Only good if you swing that way. I don't.

Always good to read intelligent , well written articles from diverse viewpoints you might not agree with.

Nick Cohen is a great journo , with his lughole to the ground
    The following users think this post is groovy: likahamadoolihan

Heavenly Creature

Originally Posted by ma bungo
    Us Bungos is simple folk , and round the dinner table , where court is held .If I said

[Trump is] a charismatic narcissist who feeds on the crowd to become ever stronger, creating a cult around himself.

no one would know what I ment , but if I said he was a right cunt , they would get my jist .
    You are pulling my chain, ma, because you know perfectly well that "right cunt" could mean a lot of things other than "charismatic narcissist" and charismatic narcissists who are not right cunts may exist.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by likahamadoolihan
    Always good to read intelligent , well written articles from diverse viewpoints you might not agree with.
    Sometimes good. Sometimes irritating.

Heavenly Creature

The Spectator has journalist of all political persuasions , have you read the excellent Nick Cohen who writes for them as well as the Observer amongst others.
    Douglas isn't anti - islamic but he speaks honestly about Islam and its inherent problems. A neo - conservative ? but last I heard he was described as a liberal value ,small c conservative .
    So let his people adjust his Wikipedia entry, for a start.

Heavenly Creature

The Spectator is a conservative political magazine. It is owned by the Barclays, for goodness' sake!

The Spectator is a conservative political magazine. It is owned by the Barclays, for goodness' sake!
    Coservative - bad , Labour - good .
    Right - bad , left - good .
    Rather fucking simplistic.. the attitude of simpletons . Best not read any of the well written afticles that it gives a platform too then.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Brynhyffryd

A bit off topic but a good piece of journalism. Nick Cohen in Standpoint magazine . The Great Betrayal - How Liberals Appease Islam

Heavenly Creature

Coservative - bad , Labour - good .
    Right - bad , left - good .
    Rather fucking simplistic.. the attitude of simpletons . Best not read any of the well written afticles that it gives a platform too then.
    Au contraire, mon ami, it is your analysis which is simplistic. I am neither for, nor against, quite the reverse.

But in this debate it is, curiously enough, the neocons and fellow travellers who support Trump, and they are all out there giving it their best. Balanced views will not come from that quarter except, possibly, as diversionary tactics.

It was you that dismissed the spectator as a conservative magazine , fair play to them in that case for giving left wing writers like Nick Cohen a platform to air their views and maybe by doing so facilitating them been read by people that otherwise wouldn't get too see them.

So if you don't agree with whats written it can't be balanced and must be diversionary ?

Do you have any answers to Douglas's questions yet ?
    The following users think this post is groovy: Brynhyffryd

You are pulling my chain, ma, because you know perfectly well that "right cunt" could mean a lot of things other than "charismatic narcissist" and charismatic narcissists who are not right cunts may exist.

- - - Updated - - -

Sometimes good. Sometimes irritating.
    Sorry , no directions intended . I am neither left or right , and only used cunt as it is rude ?

Trump is a baddie ! suit you sir ?
    The following users think this post is groovy: likahamadoolihan, Wulfie

Heavenly Creature

It was you that dismissed the spectator as a conservative magazine , fair play to them in that case for giving left wing writers like Nick Cohen a platform to air their views and maybe by doing so facilitating them been read by people that otherwise wouldn't get too see them.
    The Spectator is a conservative magazine. I didn't dismiss it, merely reminded lurkers what you and I know about it. Nick Cohen is an attractive writer and an asset to any organ to which he can subscribe copy.

So if you don't agree with whats written it can't be balanced and must be diversionary ?
    No, my point is that in the heat of the debate in which the moral case for Trump's actions is lost, his supporters are putting up a smokescreen. Whether this is of lies, stupid lies, quite good suggestions for debate, or popular fish recipes is irrelevant. The right-wing media are churning it out. Right-wing thinkers, intellectuals, men in pubs and even hippies are churning it out, and you can all be proud of yourselves.

Do you have any answers to Douglas's questions yet?
    As far as I am aware, answers are optional and I don't have time just now, and I don't want to be drawn into and therefore assist the smokescreening, thanks. i want the evil of Trump to be exposed, recorded in every detail, and opposed by any effective means.
    The following users think this post is groovy: likahamadoolihan

Douglas isn't a Trump supporter and talking of smokescreens , the last presidents of the US as well as leaders from European nations have appeared on all media platforms denouncing and saying that atrocities by people called Muhammad whom appear in matyrdom videos quoting the quran ,their last words uttered in this world '' Allahu Ackbar '' , are nothing to do with Islam. I believe that if the liberal left had honestly addressed these issues along with the questions like those Douglas has raised and has been doing so for some years now at considerable risk to his own life then dickheads like Trump and his advisors like Steve Bannon would not be in the positions of power that they now inhabit
    Last edited by likahamadoolihan; 01-02--2017 at 12:39 AM.

More shit on the possible corruption within Trumps party. As the saying goes - there's no smoke without fire, it's going to fester. A divided country will fold on itself at some point and Trump is lacking. Why the military build up ??? Who is he going to war against when he should be talking peace.............

this cunt is bad news day in day out and looks a right orifice in that get-up..
    Not all who wander are lost

Transcending
    Has anyone else noticed how the word "cunt" is getting increasingly used on this forum ? I don't like it.

Heavenly Creature
    Yeah, it's a contextual thing...

Im not sure he will be impeached.The Repiglicans tried solidly for 8 years to oust Bill Clinton and another 8 years from day one trying to remove Obama and they failed.They werent alwsys supportive of Dubya.The Reps act for themselves and the party,theyre not too bothered about who is POTUS so long as hes a Rep and he doesnt interfere in their agenda.
    'IF' anything happens to Trump to force him out of office it will be entirely his own doing.He will get over confident and drop a bollock so huge he wont be able to escape.However i think it more likely he'll carry on regardless just as Dubya Bush did or he'll get done what he wsnts to achieve and hand over to Pence on health grounds or some other excuse and go back to his business empire.I personally think thats why Pence was chosen as VP because the VP position is normally a non job in the grand scheme of things but Pence is very much at the front in this administration. Pence has actually got more support amongst Reps than Trump has and hes far more dangerous so its probably in everyones interests that Trump stays where he is if for no better reason than to keep Pence out.
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...

Originally Posted by Boaty McBoatface
    Has anyone else noticed how the word "cunt" is getting increasingly used on this forum ? I don't like it.
    You're fucking right!