THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive at the current donation rate! We currently have over 17000 members & if everyone donated we would never need to ask for money again. Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford it please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Thread: Traveler status/school

Sex
    Male

Traveler status/school

I've been of no fixed abode over 12 years now, live in van and boat. I have a six year old at school and it would be handy if I could have a more flexible approach (and register with the school as a traveler) to school attendance as work the festival circuit all summer. I'd really appreciate any help/advise on how to go about this. Cheers Phil

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sex
    Male
    Just tell the school your a traveller, ask them to prepare your kid some work package for when you are off travelling. That's all we had to do. I did like our lad going to school, but like you say, summer is festival time and if your working festivals, you need to be there on site beginning and end of school week. We took our lad out of school last summer to home school him in the end.
    even a gypsy caravan is too much settling down.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Sootyfoot