THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website is perpetually in arrears & will not survive without regular donations! Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do have over 18000 members & if just half of you donated we would never have to worry about money again. We value your support, so if you can afford it please stop us worrying by making a donation. There is a thread on running costs here.

Thread: Does this phenomenon have a name?

Does this phenomenon have a name?

Me and my best friend have experienced a phenomenon 2 times which we fail to explain properly. Personaly I'm leaning towards dimensional shifts.

A couple of years ago I had placed a bread package with bread in it in the window at my flat, my best friend was present, we turned around talking, and after some time turned back to the window and the bread was gone, and it hasn't come back since.

About 3 weeks ago it happened again, this time in his apartment. His baseball cap went missing, we searched everywhere but it was gone. I jokingly said it went into the 7th dimension, he laughed as he was on the toilet while I did some searching, I was looking at the floor under the area where the cap usually hangs, then it just appeared about 1cm above ground and landed with a small thud, I quickly called him over and I was just stunned to have witnessed this. I told him to touch it and he did, he said it felt like normal, and it was room temperatured, so wherever it went there was no temperature difference it seems, he smelled it and said it smelled a bit off. We had not been taking drugs of any kind, nor alcohol. What are your thoughts?
    Love everyone, even those who hate you, because they need your love the most.

You've taken too many drugs in the past and your brain is fried?

The following users think this post is groovy: Brynhyffryd, Daisysmum, derestrictor, Sootyfoot

Walking back to happiness ma bungo's Avatar
    Paranormal activity . Goes on here all the time , I put stuff down , and them I cannot find it . Then it turns up somewhere else .
    The following users think this post is groovy: Brynhyffryd

sorry but i had a little chuckle at ''the bread was gone, and it hasn't come back since.'' , I can imagine you sitting looking out the window forlornly wondering when it will return ..................
    The following users think this post is groovy: 4scoreand20, Brynhyffryd, Daisysmum, derestrictor, Sootyfoot, Zambaku

Maybe time to lighten the habit.
    Not all who wander are lost

You do know Toast is bread right?
    The following users think this post is groovy: Brynhyffryd, Daisysmum, derestrictor, Lightbringer

Well, I know it isn't drugs that caused this since my best friend could verify for me that I was in fact not insane, and believe it or not, I had been sober for almost a week. Not really trying to prove the happening since I can't and I wouldn't even know how to begin measuring a phenomenon that happens at random.

Heavenly Creature parrotandcrow's Avatar
    This phenomenon is known as an apport.
    If men bore wings and had black feathers, few would be intelligent enough to be crows.
    The following users think this post is groovy: rainbow_hermit, Zambaku

Thank you =)

Transcending
    I think it signifies the second coming......

There shall, in that time, be rumors of things going astray, erm, and there shall be a great confusion as to where things really are, and nobody will really know where lieth those little things wi-- with the sort of raffia work base that has an attachment. At this time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock. Yea, it is written in the book of Cyril
    The following users think this post is groovy: orys, rainbow_hermit, Sootyfoot, Zambaku

Heavenly Creature
    It will be the aliens. Bastards gets everywhere!
    The following users think this post is groovy: Daisysmum, Lightbringer, Paul

bastard eyeless Alens messing with your head .

Headgear I can't comment on, but foodstuffs (both tinned & fresh) are well known to 'disappear' this isn't attributable to either Narcotic/Alcoholic usage (a good thing)
    but instead simple consumerism

/doctor

Walking back to happiness ma bungo's Avatar

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Brynhyffryd
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    It will be the aliens. Bastards gets everywhere!
    Runs for cover with buttocks firmly clenched
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer, rainbow_hermit

Heavenly Creature

Originally Posted by ma bungo
    Runs for cover with buttocks firmly clenched
    Every story tells a picture!
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer, rainbow_hermit

Green around the gills ThreeMoons's Avatar
    My old house in Wales had a presence lots of strange things going on, the strangest was feeling like someone was kicking the bottom of the bed while I was lying there trying to get to sleep. Things would go missing, the cat would hiss at 'nothing' and one room in the house the door refused to stay closed even though it had a latch that needed wd40.
    Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up on your dreams and ideals, wrinkles the soul.

Heavenly Creature

Originally Posted by ma bungo
    Paranormal activity . Goes on here all the time , I put stuff down , and them I cannot find it . Then it turns up somewhere else .
    We get that here too, quite often. I usually blame the O/H
    when it's my stuff missing, and when it's her stuff missing, I
    get the blame.
    The stuff generally turns up eventually, whatever it is.

But there is a theory of stuff falling through trans-dimensional windows, but only when you're not looking, of course.

By the way, 'stuff' here refers to clothes and personal possessions, and tat generally, not the other stuff. Haven't touched it in years now

Tuning In
    Boaty McBoatface: LOL, I just wanted to post the same answer than you!

Great minds think alike
    The following users think this post is groovy: Boaty McBoatface

unleash my pharma powers! Daisysmum's Avatar

Originally Posted by Brynhyffryd
    Every story tells a picture!

Does that.....much like todays lecture about the valsalva maneuver.....

Incidentally, it's not how long you have been sober for but how long you were drunk for before you quit. Alcohol doesnt have a safe limit.

But yeah its probably aliens - bread and a baseball cap, makes you wonder about what they are trying to say to you. Or maybe they were just hungry.

Well, I'm gonna wear my tinfoil hat so the dark ones can't read my mind.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Fire-Tree, rainbow_hermit

Turning On
    yeah and not the cheap stuff... its too thin

Turning On
    I was brought up (most unwillingly) in a Jehovahs Witness household. The Life of Brian sketch above is a dead ringer for the average talk on a Sunday. I mean... its uncanny
    (minus the beard of course)
    The following users think this post is groovy: Boaty McBoatface