THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for some time & will not survive unless donations remain consistent! We currently have over 17500 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. However, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford to, please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Thread: End the badger cull instead of expanding to new areas

End the badger cull instead of expanding to new areas

I'd really appreciate if you would sign this petition to end the badger cull instead of expanding to new areas. Thank you.

Here's the link:
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Since 2013, thousands of badgers have been killed in a Government cull attempting to control bovine TB. Against scientific advice & before a 4 year trial has completed, the government is now expanding the cull to new counties - tens of thousands of healthy badgers could be killed.

The petition is close to the threshold when it has to be given time in parliament, so please chime in.

Thanks

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The following users think this post is groovy: cricket

Transcending
    Perhaps you could give me some evidence that the government scientists are wrong, that might encourage me to sign.

The goverment scientists are correct in finding that a cull is not the answer.!!!Defra wants to continue the killing of badgers AGAINST scientific evidence.The whole thing is a farce.Ask the BADGER TRUST or
    go to STOP THE CULL.COM for facts.

Originally Posted by Boaty McBoatface
    Perhaps you could give me some evidence that the government scientists are wrong, that might encourage me to sign.

Transcending
    For several years I've thought that there should be a badger protection area, I suggested the South East where there are few dairy herds and many orchards. Badgers aren't rare, we could give them 1/4 of the country where they could live freely they would have a guaranteed base. The rest of the country could allow badger shooting where cattle were kept - this is quite a small proportion of the land.