THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for some time & will not survive unless donations remain consistent! We currently have over 17500 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. However, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford to, please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mushroom syndrome via the media

Mushroom syndrome via the media

Just wondering why there's little of real interest on the news and to loosely sum up what they feed us and what we should be fed. Dropped on this yank gif which gives food for thought.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Who is really behind the feeding of misinformation or are the media just interested in pandering to a salacious uncaring class who just bleat at the occurrence of deaths in their favourite soap until a real disaster comes calling then they'll just look to blame someone for not saying anything.
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Not all who wander are lost
    The following users think this post is groovy: Boaty McBoatface, cricket, marshlander, naturalspirit, stinkypete1, zendaze

Walking back to happiness ma bungo's Avatar
    No news is good news , sadly there is too much real news and it generally makes me very sad
    Standing Rock is a good example !
    The following users think this post is groovy: NomadicRT

Media induced brain death.....the establishment doesnt want us to know whats going on so pretend nothing is going on...'if its not talked about its not happening'.
    We live in an age awash with information and ready access to it and thus the truth but Human civilisation is instead sleep walking to its own funeral.
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, dollybassett, ma bungo, Wulfie, zendaze

Heavenly Creature

Originally Posted by NomadicRT
    We live in an age awash with information and ready access to it and thus the truth but Human civilisation is instead sleep walking to its own funeral.
    So what are we doing wrong? How can we avoid this fate?

Based on your posts bryn......you cant avoid it.....thats your choice.

How can a civilisation in denial and seemingly oblivious of reality and incapable of self education about that reality(despite a wealth of information available),avoid the fate to which its destined?
    So much easier to be told what to think than to think for oneself.

Originally Posted by Brynhyffryd
    So what are we doing wrong? How can we avoid this fate?
    Last edited by NomadicRT; 05-02--2017 at 02:07 AM.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, dollybassett, Rick69, Wulfie, zendaze

Heavenly Creature

How can a civilisation in denial and seemingly oblivious of reality and incapable of self education about that reality(despite a wealth of information available),avoid the fate to which its destined?
    So much easier to be told what to think than to think for oneself.
    I suspect that you are in posession of some profound wisdom which we are unworthy to share - am I on the right lines?

No more profound than yours.....but this isnt about discusing a solution is it? its about your perpetual desire for a game of oneupmanship....masturbate your own ego.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, dollybassett

Transcending
    People don't want to know about the gritty issues, the viewing figures are proof of this and in a commercial media system you have to give people what they want.

The problem comes when you don't cater for the gritty issues and it gets to that pregnant moment. Telling people what they want to hear gets votes but hiding the reality of oncoming manmade disasters which can be averted or controlled is totally immoral. Trump is as guilty as sin on his actions but there will come a point when even he can't gloss over it except to use it as an excuse for some pogrom or other.
    Not all who wander are lost

Transcending

Originally Posted by Wulfie
    ....an excuse for some pogrom or other.
    That's what they always do - place the blame on some minority group, incite hatred, then play the loyalty / traitor game to make dissenting voices appear to be the enemy of the public.

Transcending
    Watch out for keywords / phrases as part of the brainwashing. UK favourite at present is "Hard Working People".
    The following users think this post is groovy: marshlander, zendaze

Heavenly Creature

No more profound than yours.....but this isnt about discusing a solution is it? its about your perpetual desire for a game of oneupmanship....masturbate your own ego.
    No, it is about discussing a solution, but if you want a pass out... see you later, enjoy your day.

Heavenly Creature

Originally Posted by Boaty McBoatface
    People don't want to know about the gritty issues, the viewing figures are proof of this and in a commercial media system you have to give people what they want.
    Very true. So where should we look for the stories that they don't put out?

Heavenly Creature

That's what they always do - place the blame on some minority group, incite hatred, then play the loyalty / traitor game to make dissenting voices appear to be the enemy of the public.
    That would have more force if you gave an example. How do I know you are not just making up rules to fit your observations?

Transcending

Very true. So where should we look for the stories that they don't put out?
    There are journalists who care about this stuff, but they work for smaller outfits. Google is sometimes your friend.

Heavenly Creature

There are journalists who care about this stuff, but they work for smaller outfits. Google is sometimes your friend.
    OK, so you don't know, no shame in that.

Could it be that the journos work on stories but can't get them printed? That would make sense. I've read of such stories.

And the other stories that are mostly never recorded. Some reach social media and die there. An iconic image can make all the difference.

But I suspect that the world has always been a rotten place, and that there is more news coverage today than there has ever been. It must take an extraordinarily robust personality to deal with this sort of thing every day!

Bryn. You use 'we' instead of 'I' and take no risks in offering anything to the debate.....you present as being comfortable with not challenging the status quo so why trouble yourself?

There is recieved education and then there is pro active 'self' education. If the recieved stuff is good enough for you in a time when much of it can be recognised as ill propaganda then that remains your choice.

There is no duty for anyone else to deal with it. Your beliefs are your problem........whoever 'we' may refer to.

Turning On
    Well I'm def'n't'ly a flamin' mushroom/stool of the deadly ilk
    ask anyone on here...
    but mirrors are for shavin' not pontififacatin' anyway

Transcending

OK, so you don't know, no shame in that.
    Of course I don't know - there isn't one "source" of all information. Small outfits can't cover everything, that's why you have to do a little work to find information.

For example, 5 seconds finds this interesting piece;

The following users think this post is groovy: Brynhyffryd, cricket, Wulfie

Heavenly Creature
    Debating, brothers and sisters, is not the art of slagging off people who ask awkward questions, but of engaging with them and attempting to win them, and the audience (difficult online I know!) over to your point of view by using logic as well as rhetoric, and of asking questions which probe and expose the position of the person who chooses to answer them.

If you can only answer a question with a slight or insult, ask yourself, is my time well spent doing this?
    The following users think this post is groovy: likahamadoolihan

Heavenly Creature

Of course I don't know - there isn't one "source" of all information. Small outfits can't cover everything, that's why you have to do a little work to find information.

For example, 5 seconds finds this interesting piece;

Yes, I've been following the bee/pesticide story for years, and it is scary, but I don't think it has been suppressed.

Yes it has BHuffy.If the true enormity of the repurcussions of the global loss of so many bees was globally truly recognised for the ominous portent it is ,why are the chemicals responsible so widely available?Different names same poisons.I have never seen warnings with the weather like the recent TOXIC SMOG OVER LONDON alerts a couple of weeks ago.SAVE OUR BEES DONT USE CHEMICALS has never been up there too.or did I miss it?My own mother liberally scatters blue slug pellets and sprays stuff with a happy frog...yes a happy poisoned? frog dancing on the front with one hand ,whilst feeding the birds and moaning about bee loss.
    There is a massive monetry thing with chemical giants ,same as pharma.The chilling thing is our government knows what is happening,has the power to ban stuff,but has not.Onto your garden into the rivers into the sea.Down your toilet into the same.Whales with flame retardent in their blubber,fish full of tumours and plastic.Siberian permafrost melting.I fear greatly for our children,the posioning more than the bombs.

It is ironic that rich or poor we all need air the same.We all get cancer the same.There are fundamental flaws in Bible thinking that God gave us the garden of Eden for our own entertainment.Thats certainly backfiring big time as the result of shitting in Eden is we all choke in a hell of our own making,but thats alright as we will all ascend and sit in heaven with god ??Am I missing something...apart from humour?
    Last edited by cricket; 06-02--2017 at 11:27 PM.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Boaty McBoatface, marshlander, NomadicRT

What.slights or insults do you see Bryn. I see criticism and questions that remain unanswered.

What awkward question can you ask?
    Last edited by zendaze; 06-02--2017 at 11:35 PM.