THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive without your donations! We have over 18000 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. We appreciate that not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do run at a loss - so if you can afford to help then please donate. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How about this for a proposition?

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by r3ubs
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    I'm not being critical or accusing you of lying. I spent ages searching for some storage so I'm genuinely interested, as I am paying a lot more than that for much smaller!
    Have you gone around all the farms asking where you can find storage ? thats how i found mine when i was looking storage for my car.Its a caravan storage site and the guy happens to store plant and machinery and has some containers too.
    Yes there are some fancy heated warehouse sites round here filled with containers inside and 24/7 security guards and cctv for 200 a month but i didnt want that level of service.
    Ive also seen outdoor compounds filled with containers to rent on gumtree for 10 a week. before christmas.I doubt youll find much in Cambridge area cheap its too close to Stanstead.
    It took me three weeks of legwork to find what i wanted. ... keep looking.
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...

Originally Posted by Red Dragon
    What is wrong with people on this forum is that we are, for the most part, different from each other and so one (wo)man's love is another (wo)man's hate. Some people just get on with it, some people react and some people just laugh and move on to the next post or thread.

Speaking for myself, I like to think I'm pragmatic about stuff and so, for the views that I don't empathise with, I am just happy that I have nothing to do with the people who espoused them. Still read the stuff I'm likely to disagree with as that's one of the ways that tests my view of life and how it should be lived - and that's also one of the ways that I learn!
    Agreed...and in general i just give my views on something and leave it at that.Its up to.other people whether they agree disagree comment or ignore...either way im not terribly bothered.

What i dont understand is why people get pissy with people for expressing a view thats different to theirs and whining about their being an oppressive clique on here -if there was i wouldnt bother being here myself,I dont like cliques - or as some do spend their time disrupting the forum and generally being offensive.

Pragmatically it is what is ,a forum on which to express views and read others opinions on stuff and thats what i do.Im not losing any sleep because people might not like me because im on here too much or write too much or dont like my slant on things
    I gave my opinion of why i wouldnt be in favor of the proposition in the OP - end of.

Originally Posted by Diddekoi
    Looks like you're the one with the "insecurity" RT.

So whats your problem with me ? you obviously have one.I dont think ive ever criticised you personally or dissed your opinions or found the need to, simply to back up my own opinions .Ive actually agreed with many of the points youve made on the forum but apparently im negative about everything....must be your interpretation.

Originally Posted by Wulfie
    All this talk on containers brings to mind

Perfick.....now thats a proposition id love to do.

Why not go the whole hog, why only use one container???? hahahahahahahahaha

"The European Union is just like a jigsaw puzzle, except the pieces all come from different puzzles". - Red Dragon

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us".
    - Calvin+Hobbes
    The following users think this post is groovy: NomadicRT

Too much cleaning

Aw, spoilsport - but what a splendid living space????
    Personally, I love the height of the living area but it's likely a b*gger to heat.
    "The European Union is just like a jigsaw puzzle, except the pieces all come from different puzzles". - Red Dragon

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us".
    - Calvin+Hobbes

Yes its a great size living room...perfect for keeping the private helicopter in

Sharing is all well and good but at the end of the day, if there were three sharing and one leaves with noone to fill that gap, the other two have to stump up, then if two leave and noone to fill the gaps, one has to stump up the lot..

I have a spare room here in Sunny Devon but as I found out when my daughter became a non dependant, its just far too much bluddy hassle having another body here for me.. so its a junk come craft room and having noone here means I can bimble about starkers, go loo with door open and generally please myself lol
    What gives you the idea that because I have nothing I am unhappy?
    The following users think this post is groovy: dollybassett, NomadicRT, ursus