Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Dreaded Cold Sore

The Dreaded Cold Sore

Does anyone suffer from cold sores?

What is your natural remedy?
    (Mine is coconut oil, I don't know what I would do without this amazing ingredient from use on my skin, my hair and everything in between)

Walking back to happiness ma bungo's Avatar
    Don't suffer my self , but a friend swears by Aloe sap , snaps a leaf off and dabs it on .

Id be interested to hear of ny natural remedies. I get them occasionally on my septum. As soon as the blisters burst, they immediately get affected by the staph bacteria in my nose and turn into a fucking mess for about 2 weeks.

Currently every time i feel the tingling i take aciclovar tablets 5 times a day for a week which stop them even forming. If there is anything natural that would stop the blisters id love to know..

Contrary to common belief, coleslaw's !! ( nasty things), are not always caused by herpes simplex virus.
    You can get them through food allergy's, stress, dehydration, very cold weather, very hot weather and feeling run down.
    Spicy food could do it too.
    Check out what you are eating - keep a food diary and if you discover you have allergies intolerance's, make sure you who ever is kissing you hasn't eaten something that could inflame it.
    If you feel one coming up use cold water to clean your lips... or you could try spreading toothpaste allover your mouth, some active ingredient in toothpaste is good for relieving the onset of any types of sores
    or try aloe like Ma suggested.
    But drink plenty of fluids.
    I do most of my own stunts because the stunt guys show me how.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick69 View Post
    Id be interested to hear of ny natural remedies. I get them occasionally on my septum. As soon as the blisters burst, they immediately get affected by the staph bacteria in my nose and turn into a fucking mess for about 2 weeks.

Currently every time i feel the tingling i take aciclovar tablets 5 times a day for a week which stop them even forming. If there is anything natural that would stop the blisters id love to know..
    Septum....? glad your not getting them on your rectum

ahh sounds like you have allergies too, keep a food allergy diary ,,honestly I have to stay away from cashew nuts because they bring me out in mouth sores.
    Have not had any trouble for over a year since i cut out cashews
    Last edited by treestump; 06-02--2017 at 09:25 PM.

Cashews are strong gear , and poiseonus if not cooked !

I think its more stress than food allergies. I did watch what i was eating for a while when i had problems with my stomach and nothing seemed to tie in with when i was getting them.

Quote Originally Posted by ma bungo View Post
    Well well ...... Ya learn something every day i didn't know they were poisonous

Quote Originally Posted by Rick69 View Post

The ones that are up your nose are so hard to get rid of. Again coconut oil is great as its antifungal and antibacterial plus it stops the cold sore from drying out.

Quote Originally Posted by treestump View Post
    Well well ...... Ya learn something every day i didn't know they were poisonous
    You and me both. Maybe I'll cut down on the cashew nut butter 😐
    The following users think this post is groovy: treestump

Quote Originally Posted by Free.spirit View Post
    The ones that are up your nose are so hard to get rid of. Again coconut oil is great as its antifungal and antibacterial plus it stops the cold sore from drying out.
    Thanks ill give it a try.

Septum....? glad your not getting them on your rectum [panic
    A cold sore is a cold sore whether its on your Spetum or your Rectum

Hey rick stick your head over a basin of plain hot water, cover head with towel and steam the nose out ... or you could add a drop of essentials oils to that is recommended ( not sure which one you should or could add)
    But yeah sweating out the germs in the sore and then blowing your nose after the steam session will help too
    But stay under the towel as long as you can

I got a sore rectum from sitting on snow , piles of soreness , a nasty buisness i can tell you!
    The following users think this post is groovy: treestump

Maybe lavender or tea tree oil in the water would help?

Hey rick stick your head over a basin of plain hot water, cover head with towel and steam the nose out ... or you could add a drop of essentials oils to that is recommended ( not sure which one you should or could add)
    But yeah sweating out the germs in the sore and then blowing your nose after the steam session will help too
    Eucaliptus

I tried on of those face sauna things but it wasnt any good, still blistered. Once the blisters are there i know its going to get infected, does every time without fail. Ill try the coconut oil as it may stop the secondary infection, its something to stop them before that i really need hence the tablets ive got.

I got a sore rectum from sitting on snow

Is snow a friend?

is it the cashew nut that's poisonous or the chemical found in the green/brown shell that protects the nuts? I know in the denutting factories that after either steaming/cooking/boiling, workers smear their hands in grease to prevent a skin reaction. Each nut is extracted by hand using a metal post fixed to a workbench. The oil is extracted from this process steaming/boiling/cooking of then shelling and this oil is very expensive. I can't think of what it's used for. Could it be some nuts have a trace of this chemical on them when consumed? I know natives gather the nuts from the tree and the roast the nutts on a sheet of tin over a open fire before eating or storing them p. In the village where this practice was filmed. Most of the village people including kids had skin scars where the hot nuts had exploded off the hot tin sheets and branded folk on the arms and face in the shape of a chashew nut. Bit like a banana moon.

I think its the shell thats realy toxic , but might be traces left on the outside of the nut proper ?

Great advice. I might try this one too

- - - Updated - - -

I got a sore rectum from sitting on snow , piles of soreness , a nasty buisness i can tell you!
    What were you doing sitting on snow?

I used to do a lot of mountaineering and there was not a lot else to sit on ! Its a common injury

I used to do a lot of mountaineering and there was not a lot else to sit on ! Its a common injury
    Oh wow I didn't realise that