THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive at the current donation rate! We currently have over 17000 members & if everyone donated we would never need to ask for money again. Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford it please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A question about stealth or not stealth van

Well so much for trying to be stealthy. Parked in the carpark of my dads apartment complex in visitors parking and woken up about 30mins ago to someone on their car speaker phone. It was really loud from the other end and sure I could hear "someone asleep" and something about "there should be windows". Probably paranoid. Couldnt really hear much it was quite distorted. Think I'll move still once they're gone.

Jesus is not your friend Fire-Tree's Avatar
    Sex
    Female
    Oh dear.

Did you move?
    If there's no windows, how did they know you were there?
    Blog: Experiencing England in a car with no money

Quote Originally Posted by daisy face View Post
    Hi all!
    Just thought I would put a little message on here and introduce myself. I've read through a few posts and there seem to be some absolutely wonderful people on here.
    Without getting too serious I have just gotten myself out of a rather nasty situation. I'm now in the process of buying a van. I hope to go full time as an artist and enrich my life with many new adventures!
    Exciting times ahead and I look forward to sharing ideas and stories with you all!

Daisy
    Wecome and good luck.

Its the best decision I've made in recent years. You'll love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire-Tree View Post
    Oh dear.

Did you move?
    If there's no windows, how did they know you were there?
    Yes I moved.

My van might be stealth but my sinus' during a slight respiratory infection arent very stealthy 😊

I was counting on storm doris to hide my sinus earthquakes but it was dead calm out by then

Sex
    Female
    Hoe you liking the new place? Where in the land are you?

Hoe you liking the new place? Where in the land are you?
    I'm based around Hull. I switch my park ups and rarely spend more than a night in one place. But I'm going to allow myself a day on a campsite every week or two. Preferably somewhere scenic but I'll settle for local if I need to. Its nice to not have to be up early to move the van every now and then.

The following users think this post is groovy: Fire-Tree

Sex
    Female
    I can hide in my van all day, you're sleeping too loudly

Glad to hear you've got something sorted. I don't know if you can sleep there, but the national park thing under the Humber Bridge is one of my favourite places in the UK, and the carpark is massive!

Sex
    Male
    Hessle. Buns are bloody expensive there though, made the mistake of buying two! Never again

I can hide in my van all day, you're sleeping too loudly

Glad to hear you've got something sorted. I don't know if you can sleep there, but the national park thing under the Humber Bridge is one of my favourite places in the UK, and the carpark is massive!
    Thats a no go sleeping wise. The big carpark is locked on a night. And the foreshore have no camping signs up so not sure how strict that is. But I keep them two places and beverley westwood for my day time quiet places.

The following users think this post is groovy: Fire-Tree

I'm stepping my stealth game up. Once I get a blackout curtain to replace my current partition I will have squeeze through space so no more banging doors after parking up 😊

The following users think this post is groovy: essexcamper

Keeping to the stealth look for a while but I did have a conversation with a local Community Support Officer at a local car park to which he told me I can park there with no problems, it has flood lights and is patrolled regular
    I then said I'm usually gone quite early anyway and I asked him how he knew, to which he pointed at the cctv cameras, doh!
    He did let me know that other people park up at night, nice to know we are so welcome 😊
    The following users think this post is groovy: Miss_bee