THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive without your donations! We have over 18000 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. We appreciate that not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do run at a loss - so if you can afford to help then please donate. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Thread: One for Hagrid

One for Hagrid

I saw this and thought of you,

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The following users think this post is groovy: alices wonderland, Angio, NomadicRT, Rick69, Wulfie

I threw a stone onto the ice of. a frozen lake once, maybe a lot more times. I had been walking my dad's gun dogs at this time. The eldest bitch decided to chase the stone. The ice was thin in one area and it was obvious someone had smashed throw it in places. My dads dog went in the hole. I was fked. I had to get the dog back or my dad would have caved my head in a) for even going near a frozen lake b) for being stupid enough to not have his dog secured while I fucked about throwing stones. The dogs were trained to retrieve. I myself had trained them to retrieve golf balls for me. My job before school was to Exercise and feed all the animals. Our gun dogs could walk for miles if not hours. So I hid a golf club and golf balls in the fields. I would get just out of sight of our house and wack the golf balls as far as I could. Then after enjoying a play about and a few fags, return with the dogs nackerd.
    The stone was just another game to them. I risked my life crawling on my belly to the hole in the ice. Grabbing the dog by the scruff I pulled it free. I got a beating no kid deserved a) for telling my dad what happened b) for risking my own life and that of his dog. I was 16 before I would even ride a motorbike on a frozen lake after that.

with the animal in the clip above. I would have tied some rope around its head and pulling it tight, tied the rope to a tree or rock on the Bank. I would then get 4 or 5 long poles out of the forest and stick them through the hole into the mud below the water at an angle going under the animals belly and one same under its arse. I would then come back with a help. If it was dead It would not sink but could be dragged out of the hole and eaten.
    Last edited by alices wonderland; 07-02--2017 at 01:37 AM.
    even a gypsy caravan is too much settling down.

lone wolf survivalist.
    I worked for Wimpey Construction many years ago, we were building a warehouse/stores for British Gas alongside Exeter canal, it was a very cold winter, the canal was frozen over, so hard that at lunch time I threw a brick at the ice and it BOUNCED onto the far bank!!

Originally Posted by alices wonderland
    I threw a stone onto the ice of. a frozen lake once, maybe a lot more times. I had been walking my dad's gun dogs at this time. The eldest bitch decided to chase the stone. The ice was thin in one area and it was obvious someone had smashed throw it in places. My dads dog went in the hole. I was fked. I had to get the dog back or my dad would have caved my head in a) for even going near a frozen lake b) for being stupid enough to not have his dog secured while I fucked about throwing stones. The dogs were trained to retrieve. I myself had trained them to retrieve golf balls for me. My job before school was to Exercise and feed all the animals. Our gun dogs could walk for miles if not hours. So I hid a golf club and golf balls in the fields. I would get just out of sight of our house and wack the golf balls as far as I could. Then after enjoying a play about and a few fags, return with the dogs nackerd.
    The stone was just another game to them. I risked my life crawling on my belly to the hole in the ice. Grabbing the dog by the scruff I pulled it free. I got a beating no kid deserved a) for telling my dad what happened b) for risking my own life and that of his dog. I was 16 before I would even ride a motorbike on a frozen lake after that.

with the animal in the clip above. I would have tied some rope around its head and pulling it tight, tied the rope to a tree or rock on the Bank. I would then get 4 or 5 long poles out of the forest and stick them through the hole into the mud below the water at an angle going under the animals belly and one same under its arse. I would then come back with a help. If it was dead It would not sink but could be dragged out of the hole and eaten.
    I can't believe you told your dad
    you muppet!

You should of kept schtum.

Transcending
    Great video, well done to all involved.

Nice one Nomis. Ice is something that needs respect. As a kid my mates and I used to dare each other to walk over the local cut and many a time we'd here that splintering noise and laugh as adrenalin kicked in but then one we knew nearly died after falling through. In the early 80s I had to take a mate up to Handsworth in Brum after some shit stole his Cortina whilst he was visiting his dying wife in hospital and had dumped it on the side of the cut there. Despite being 200 yds from the nick, plod just told him where it was and it was up to him to retrieve it before it walked again. I took him to the car and whilst there two of the 'boys in blue' walked past on the cut, the ice being that thick it took their weight. Winters are not what they were.
    Not all who wander are lost