THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive without your donations! We have over 18000 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. We appreciate that not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do run at a loss - so if you can afford to help then please donate. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Thread: Help me remember the name of a dystopian movie

Help me remember the name of a dystopian movie

A long time ago I saw a dystopian movie I'd like to rewatch, but I can't remember the name of it. So I'll describe some things I remember from it and hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about =)

The first scenes I remember where of the main character who's a prisoner in a prison in a dystopian future. The prisoners are called "white noise" or something similar and are in suspended animation/sleeping most of their prison time but are allowed to be awake for 15-20 minutes a year or so. He manages to escape, the walls of the prison is covered with barbed wire, like, really covered, from the ground to the top of the walls and he wades through it all cutting himself up pretty bad, he makes it outside and the city he's in is in utter ruin and poverty, there are people in rags everywhere and tiny debree shelters all over. An old man hides him from the guards. That's what I remember.

I think, not sure though that in the end he is in front of a council in a computer who's had their conciousnessess uploaded. He is executed by a robotic arm thingy who shoves a spike into his head and he is uploaded to the council. This can be from another movie, not quite sure..
    Love everyone, even those who hate you, because they need your love the most.

the devil's avocado Moderator Paul's Avatar
    Metropia?

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Although it's been a long time and I can't remember any of it.

Nah, the movie I'm thinking of was all live action with little to no cgi, it was really heavy on practical effects. But this looks cool too
    Love everyone, even those who hate you, because they need your love the most.

Heavenly Creature

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Zambaku
    A long time ago I saw a dystopian movie I'd like to rewatch, but I can't remember the name of it. So I'll describe some things I remember from it and hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about =)

The first scenes I remember where of the main character who's a prisoner in a prison in a dystopian future. The prisoners are called "white noise" or something similar and are in suspended animation/sleeping most of their prison time but are allowed to be awake for 15-20 minutes a year or so. He manages to escape, the walls of the prison is covered with barbed wire, like, really covered, from the ground to the top of the walls and he wades through it all cutting himself up pretty bad, he makes it outside and the city he's in is in utter ruin and poverty, there are people in rags everywhere and tiny debree shelters all over. An old man hides him from the guards. That's what I remember.

I think, not sure though that in the end he is in front of a council in a computer who's had their conciousnessess uploaded. He is executed by a robotic arm thingy who shoves a spike into his head and he is uploaded to the council. This can be from another movie, not quite sure..
    That sort of rings a bell with me, so it must be pre-2003, which is the last time I intentionally watched TV.

Who knew there were so many!

Is it one of these?

Not your movie but of the same era probably,sci fi...Yesterdays gone were sort of catching up with todays and were sort of dissolving/fragmenting and disipating more and more of the present.Black and white movie.People on a plane screaming as the plane tail was fragmenting and going, being chomped up by yesterday.Basically,something weird had happened to time and it was disolving/unhappening the present and future.Love to see it again.

Heavenly Creature parrotandcrow's Avatar

Originally Posted by cricket
    Not your movie but of the same era probably,sci fi...Yesterdays gone were sort of catching up with todays and were sort of dissolving/fragmenting and disipating more and more of the present.Black and white movie.People on a plane screaming as the plane tail was fragmenting and going, being chomped up by yesterday.Basically,something weird had happened to time and it was disolving/unhappening the present and future.Love to see it again.
    I think this is a film called, "The Langoliers".
    If men bore wings and had black feathers, few would be intelligent enough to be crows.

WOW!!!Thanks,thats the one.Its been bugging me for months.Much appreciated.

Originally Posted by parrotandcrow
    I think this is a film called, "The Langoliers".

Heavenly Creature
    Kind of The Langoliers by Stephen King, it's a good book too! The creatures of the title 'eat' yesterday making way for tomorrow. The main characters are on a plane and are all asleep when the Langoliers catch up with them, so escape any harmful effects. Most of the passengers and all of the crew have disappeared. Luckily on of the survivors is a pilot deadheading on the flight.
    He lands the plane and they find the airport completely deserted.
    There's no black and white bits though.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket

Originally Posted by Zambaku
    Nah, the movie I'm thinking of was all live action with little to no cgi, it was really heavy on practical effects. But this looks cool too
    Do you remember the lead actor/s i kind of recognise the plot no cgi is confusing....sounds like a van damme movie to me.
    Only two movies i know where prisoners are kept asleep and are heavily cgi.
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...

Did the people have silvery shoulder length hair and silvery all in one outfits and live inside the planet?The last scene they came outside on a sort of balcony to watch the sunrise for the first time in their history?