THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive at the current donation rate! We currently have over 17000 members & if everyone donated we would never need to ask for money again. Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford it please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Thread: Sacred Geometry

Sacred Geometry

I have recently read some books on sacred geometry and am fascinated by this and similar ideas lately, has anyone read any of this stuff or care to share any stories or experiences?

MJ

UK Hippy Reiki Doula Editor Sarah's Avatar
    Sex
    Female
    I always loved geometry at school and was fascinated by making flower patterns with a compass... only within the last ten years did i really dig into how ancient the symbology is and how long it has been held as sacred. A couple of years ago I was supporting at a birth and it was the middle of night in the middle of winter...the mother in labour was resting between the surges and i was holding the space in deep meditation and reiki flow and connecting with the sacred feminine back through my ancestral female line... A massive merkahba burnt into my 3rd eye in the colours of cerise, turquoise and midnight blue which are kind of birthy colours...after that birth I did nothing but draw seeds and flowers of life...One of the most beautiful shapes for me is the vesica pisces... it is such a simple shape, two overlapping circles but the building blocks of the entirity of creation are held within... the complexities of nature in all it's magnificent glory... life begins with the vesica pisces...
    If we are to heal the planet, we must begin by healing birthing.
    The following users think this post is groovy: dollybassett, Shroom

Transcending
    Sex
    Male
    I do some design work, previously boats, now stringed instruments, and I'm interested in the "golden ratio", Fibonacci sequences and the mathematical basis of perceived "fairness" of design.

I am lucky to know a very talented (sadly retired) chartered engineer. He has been a leading designer of some of the UK's largest Royal Navy ships. He told me that "if you can't put a number on it you don't really understand it....", he was referring to stress / strain calculations, but it seems to apply to aesthetics too.

The truth is out there NomadicRT's Avatar
    Sex
    Male
    Who'sbooks ? Lawlor Lundy Mitchell Vidler ? ive read or reading some of them...Its interesting that the ancients were already well aware of them a d mathematical relationships..i find it all fascinating as I do with fractsls...
    Last edited by NomadicRT; 10-02--2017 at 10:25 PM.
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...

Sex
    Male
    My schooling was in the days before CAD, we had technical drawing instead , we had to supply our own instruments and even the bacsic set from W.H.Smiths was about 15 quid (lotsa dosh for our household in the 70's), but i agree the designs that can be made with a compass are awesome and the basis for any good crop circle design as I am sure any reputable alien will tell you .
    The following users think this post is groovy: Boaty McBoatface, likahamadoolihan, NomadicRT

Walking back to happiness ma bungo's Avatar
    Sex
    Female
    I had a spyrograph !
    The following users think this post is groovy: Ecobob, NomadicRT, Petew

Sex
    Male
    Strangely, I was watching a youtube vid about geometry earlier...

Really pushing the limits .............
    The following users think this post is groovy: NomadicRT

Transcending
    Sex
    Male

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Shroom
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    ......I agree the designs that can be made with a compass are awesome and the basis for any good crop circle design as I am sure any reputable alien will tell you .
    That is bloody funny.