THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for some time & will not survive unless donations remain consistent! We currently have over 17500 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. However, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford to, please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Thread: Sacred Geometry

Sacred Geometry

I have recently read some books on sacred geometry and am fascinated by this and similar ideas lately, has anyone read any of this stuff or care to share any stories or experiences?

MJ

UK Hippy Reiki Doula Editor Sarah's Avatar
    I always loved geometry at school and was fascinated by making flower patterns with a compass... only within the last ten years did i really dig into how ancient the symbology is and how long it has been held as sacred. A couple of years ago I was supporting at a birth and it was the middle of night in the middle of winter...the mother in labour was resting between the surges and i was holding the space in deep meditation and reiki flow and connecting with the sacred feminine back through my ancestral female line... A massive merkahba burnt into my 3rd eye in the colours of cerise, turquoise and midnight blue which are kind of birthy colours...after that birth I did nothing but draw seeds and flowers of life...One of the most beautiful shapes for me is the vesica pisces... it is such a simple shape, two overlapping circles but the building blocks of the entirity of creation are held within... the complexities of nature in all it's magnificent glory... life begins with the vesica pisces...
    If we are to heal the planet, we must begin by healing birthing.
    The following users think this post is groovy: dollybassett, Shroom

Transcending
    I do some design work, previously boats, now stringed instruments, and I'm interested in the "golden ratio", Fibonacci sequences and the mathematical basis of perceived "fairness" of design.

I am lucky to know a very talented (sadly retired) chartered engineer. He has been a leading designer of some of the UK's largest Royal Navy ships. He told me that "if you can't put a number on it you don't really understand it....", he was referring to stress / strain calculations, but it seems to apply to aesthetics too.

Who'sbooks ? Lawlor Lundy Mitchell Vidler ? ive read or reading some of them...Its interesting that the ancients were already well aware of them a d mathematical relationships..i find it all fascinating as I do with fractsls...
    Last edited by NomadicRT; 10-02--2017 at 10:25 PM.
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...

My schooling was in the days before CAD, we had technical drawing instead , we had to supply our own instruments and even the bacsic set from W.H.Smiths was about 15 quid (lotsa dosh for our household in the 70's), but i agree the designs that can be made with a compass are awesome and the basis for any good crop circle design as I am sure any reputable alien will tell you .
    The following users think this post is groovy: Boaty McBoatface, likahamadoolihan, NomadicRT

Walking back to happiness ma bungo's Avatar
    I had a spyrograph !
    The following users think this post is groovy: Danann, Ecobob, NomadicRT, Petew

Strangely, I was watching a youtube vid about geometry earlier...

Really pushing the limits .............
    The following users think this post is groovy: NomadicRT

Transcending

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Shroom
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    ......I agree the designs that can be made with a compass are awesome and the basis for any good crop circle design as I am sure any reputable alien will tell you .
    That is bloody funny.

Not Quite a Noobie
    Well on a more serious note, I know this a fairly old thread but I only joined recently. I was very strongly drawn to sacred geometry and believed it to be wonderful; I wore certain symbols such as the flower and seed of life, for example. Then I came across websites which gave a very frightening and gloomy picture of the symbols... and so I became confused. It was terrible, I really loved those symbols... now I didn't know what to trust !

It did cross my mind that this could well be nay-saying, misinformation cleverly put together by who or whatever doesnt want us to evolve; absolutely a possibility. However, both sides of the story seem equally credible. For years I abandoned the use of any symbols, just in case. I played safe, and did nothing. It didn't help reading a lot of David Icke at the time, which made me wonder if just about everything I held to be spiritual might just be part of the evil agenda... Oh boy was my head in pieces.

Then I had a good talk with myself (which I do far too much of... lol) and asked myself one important question: What was my initial feeling, when I first saw these symbols? And my answer was 'positive'. Perhaps all this mind twisting back and forth, reading so much material had clouded my intuition. Fairly recently I have began wearing the flower of life again, and within a short time Ive been experiencing synchronicities again - something which stopped many years ago. Im seeing the old 9.11 and 11.11 again after a long silence. So... it speaks for itself. In my opinion, the Universe is telling me Im back on the right path again.

In case you are curious and interested, Ive listed below two websites that started my confusion. Dont let it taint your belief though... it's probably a load of B.S.

Im a layman, I don't understand the science so this was the problem for me, really tricky to figure out which was truth and which was crap. Thoughts? I'd love to hear them. Not too technical though please...
    Last edited by rainbow_hermit; 27-04--2017 at 09:46 PM.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra

Transcending
    There is much geometry in nature, often beautiful in a way we try to imitate.

1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 56....

The Fibonacci series, where each term is the sum of the previous two... It occurs *everywhere*... in nature and in maths... I'm not sure I'd call it sacred, but it does seem to underpin much of the universe....

Wo
    Really Cool
    ))
    Form From The Void & Mists