THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website is perpetually in arrears & will not survive without regular donations! Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do have over 18000 members & if just half of you donated we would never have to worry about money again. We value your support, so if you can afford it please stop us worrying by making a donation. There is a thread on running costs here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Remove Ronald Coyne from Cambridge University

Remove Ronald Coyne from Cambridge University

'I'll give you some change, I've changed it into fire': Shocking moment Cambridge Tory student taunted homeless man as he snatched back 20 note and burned it in front of him

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please sign and let's give this little shit some payback for his vile actions.
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Not all who wander are lost
    The following users think this post is groovy: quintessence

It will only make him resent not getting his job in government and instead getting a job working in the job center where he could be a right little vindictive fk. I think his embarrassment will be enough. Cambridge has its share of pikeys and judgemental folk. Let him walk amongst the dogs.
    even a gypsy caravan is too much settling down.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Brynhyffryd, r3ubs

The reason I'm still angry -

Heavenly Creature

Originally Posted by Wulfie

Not proportionate. He is never going to forget this whatever happens now and he is a marked man.

How many "tramps" have been beaten up for fun? And ISTR in recent times, videos have been posted. Where was the outcry them? Maybe the thugs that did those things were of the wrong social class?

Make him work in the soup kitchen serving the homeless , assuming they have these facilities in Cambridge . He needs to get amongst then and have experience to get to know them better if he is to learn or reflect on his appalling attitude and make positive change ...assuming personality transplants aren't available for Cambridge students
    The following users think this post is groovy: Brynhyffryd, FriedOnion, Miss_bee, Wulfie

He will learn a valuable lesson regarding his actions, and because of what he did it could be a turning point for him and it might just make him into a more kind and compassionate person, I would say leave him alone now, don't turn this into a witch hunt, I am sure he won't repeat what he did.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Brynhyffryd, Ecobob, ma bungo, r3ubs

I could have ended up like that homeless guy many years ago but somehow I made through to now, guardian angel, luck, something just looking out for me but having looked into the pit of despair a number of times that scenario just rankled. Tramp, dosser, junkie, loser are a number of titles which are not always earned, human being is and for a well educated yob to do that to someone down on their luck is bang out of order. He could have just told him to fuck off or ignored him but to offer what could have been a chance for a hot meal, a bed or just something to ease his misery then to destroy it out of spite takes a real mean streak.
    Being thrown out of the Conservative club for such a wheeze does not send a message to the Bullingham types or make reparation for his vile action. No crime was committed and it would just be another voiceless tramp being used for sport.

I cannot kick off for the other 'tramps who've been beaten up for fun' but I can put my tuppence worth in and give this lad a voice so that others may think twice before picking on the vulnerable.
    wrong social class

Last edited by Wulfie; 11-02--2017 at 12:22 PM.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Blackie

Heavenly Creature itinerant child's Avatar

The reason I'm still angry -

The daily mail would make me angry too
    anything is possible,that my friends is a mathematical certainty ;-)
    The following users think this post is groovy: aman, ma bungo, Wulfie

Walking back to happiness ma bungo's Avatar
    Sick as it is , nice little distraction from the 'real ' news.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Ecobob

Heavenly Creature

Originally Posted by ma bungo
    Sick as it is , nice little distraction from the 'real ' news.
    Thanks for that observation ma!

So, what is the real news?

Not a dick head burning a 20 note that's for sure . The daily mirror is more Spews , than news.

Maybe the actual crimanilisation of been homeless ? How homeless numbers are steadily on the increase? The NHS crisis ? Brexit debacle ? Refugees children and broken promises ? ....... and that's just the UK .
    The following users think this post is groovy: dollybassett, etherea, NomadicRT, r3ubs, Rick69

How about cleaner sea water , how about national park progress , how about lives saved by new technologies.

Its good to concentrate on the good news too as it inspirational and makes one feel good.

Not a dig at you ma,its a dig at the shit news they show that we cant do eff-all about.
    The following users think this post is groovy: dollybassett, ma bungo, NomadicRT, r3ubs, Rick69

Front page today of Daily Mail

Front page of Guardian ?

Sky News

No dig taken IC , Good news does not cause sensatoin or sales as a rule , but how much coverage does Standing Rock get? The new bill to make it harder to be a journalist? Donkeys in SA been sold as bits ? Half the stuff in the world I would not know about if it was not for good old face book .
    The following users think this post is groovy: NomadicRT

Not a dick head burning a 20 note that's for sure . The daily mirror is more Spews , than news.

Maybe the actual crimanilisation of been homeless ? How homeless numbers are steadily on the increase? The NHS crisis ? Brexit debacle ? Refugees children and broken promises ? ....... and that's just the UK .
    Saving rhinos as well........... signature applied but it's one thing at a time Ma. Bring on the ways to change society for the better and I'll support it but it's the likes of Coyne who'll be deciding on what you've pointed out from cabinet positions and if they're allowed to spit on the weak now what will they do in office. Thankfully they're not all tossers but when you see that Cameron and Johnson are 'ex-Bullingham Club' members..............
    The following users think this post is groovy: ma bungo

The real news in that story would be why the poor man was homeless in the first place . I hope he is coping ok in this cold weather .
    The following users think this post is groovy: dollybassett, Wulfie

Heavenly Creature

Hm, my dear late aunt was worried about the bomb.. that was in the 60s. Maybe we have too much news? Not sure how to define "too much news" but when you are powerless to do anthing about it, why worry.

The appeal of the online petition is that it appears to empower people to do something about the rotten world in which they live. How much better that world will really become if the beggar-teasing Coyle is driven to madness, exile or suicide is moot. How much good it will do to the signatories to the petition if some dramatic outcome is acheived is also moot. It is a little like the Roman public executions, isn't it?

Originally Posted by Seneca, quoted in History Today
    In the morning, men are thrown to lions and bears. At mid-day they are thrown to the spectators themselves. No sooner has a man killed, than they shout for him to kill another, or to be killed. The final victor is kept for some other slaughter. In the end, every fighter dies. And all this goes on while the arena is half empty.
    You may object that the victims committed robbery or were murderers. So what? Even if they deserved to suffer, what's your compulsion to watch their sufferings? 'Kill him', they shout, 'Beat him, burn him'. Why is he too timid to fight? Why is he so frightened to kill? Why so reluctant to die? They have to whip him to make him accept his wounds.

Heavenly Creature

Bring on the ways to change society for the better ...
    Namely?

He is pretty much just a bloke who was trying to impress his mates by his act of stupidity. I may not have ever burnt money in front of a homeless person,but I did many random acts of stupidity where I did not really think about the consequences,as I was not yet aware.
    In the sceme of wankerdom amongst toffs this in my eyes in low on the scale,though deserves to be on the scale all the same. There are many out there who would go the step further and burn the homeless guy as they see him as worthless.

We live in a strange world for sure !!!!

Real news,hot off the press is that I am going to go and open my first beer of quite a few after a hard mornings graft and enjoy the oval festivities of the six nations.

Cymru am byth xx
    The following users think this post is groovy: dollybassett, likahamadoolihan, ma bungo

Heavenly Creature

Originally Posted by itinerant child
    Not a dig at you ma,its a dig at the shit news they show that we cant do eff-all about.
    So you know that the news is shit, yet you still follow it in the hope that the quality might improve? Is that rational?

Heavenly Creature

Half the stuff in the world I would not know about if it was not for good old face book .
    So celebrate FB and leave the rest behind, it's for people who lack the skills, means or intellect to search for their own news.

Heavenly Creature

Originally Posted by itinerant child
    He is pretty much just a bloke who was trying to impress his mates by his act of stupidity. I may not have ever burnt money in front of a homeless person...
    Good grief IC, do you mean that you may have done it?
    :just kidding:

Originally Posted by Brynhyffryd
    So celebrate FB and leave the rest behind, it's for people who lack the skills, means or intellect to search for their own news.
    Tosh , its a means of news that is not reported by the media puppets.n to reach the mass's. I have seen enough stuff deleted on Facebook by the machine to know things get on there that somebody would like hidden under the carpet . Believe it or not , some people actually post things of interest , not just selfies , there baby sicking up or there pet dog dragging its arse on the carpet . Yes I like face book , so what
    The following users think this post is groovy: Wulfie

Heavenly Creature
    I fear that my grammar may have let me down ma, I was arguing for FB not again it.