THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive at the current donation rate! We currently have over 17000 members & if everyone donated we would never need to ask for money again. Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford it please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I dont suppose ...

Sex
    Female

I dont suppose ...

that this is the type of place for a universal credit thread, being hippies & all that.

By all means close the thread if you feel it's inappropriate chazz
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It's getting really bad out there though. Shocking stuff going on. I dont buckle to bollox sob stories non to often but I'm telling you it's serious stuff! Heartbreaking story after story backed up with a shed load of evidence that falls on deaf ears.

I get so frustrated coz I cant help
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Makes you wonder if the powers that be are having a mass social cleanse

I'm okay coz I'm fighting fit & I can do chores for the rich

Not everybody is that lucky though.

I think the hippies should keep this thread open

If they close this one I'm leaving home
    The following users think this post is groovy: parrotandcrow

Heavenly Creature parrotandcrow's Avatar
    Sex
    Female
    I'm a big fan of Universal Credit. I reckon it will happen eventually but those at the top of the tree, who take, hoard and hide all the wealth, will stop it from happening for as long as they can.
    If men bore wings and had black feathers, few would be intelligent enough to be crows.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, ursus

Transcending
    Sex
    Male
    I like the idea of a fixed income for everyone, regardless of their circumstances, because it will dramatically reduce the costs of administering the current system and give everyone a safety net. However, I saw a figure that 1 worker in 5 actually works for the civil service, so a lot of people will be looking for a new job.

Another problem, that would need a political tsunami to solve, is the huge differences in the costs of living across the UK. People in low paid jobs in London could still struggle, but there isn't enough housing or work elsewhere for them to move to. I'm not sure supply / demand would push their wages up sufficiently.

For me personally it would be fantastic, but I'm in a position that most aren't so lucky to be in.

Sex
    Female

Originally Posted by parrotandcrow
    I'm a big fan of Universal Credit. I reckon it will happen eventually but those at the top of the tree, who take, hoard and hide all the wealth, will stop it from happening for as long as they can.
    It is shocking Parrot, seriously bloody awful stuff is happening.
    I am on it, due to my earnings I receive £26.99 a month which is not to be sniffed at & its better than a kick in the teeth & personally I have no complaints. I am fit with no dependents & still young. I couldn't care less about myself, I'm a survivor all the time I am fit. I am also a grafter. Its took a few months but I have my own incy business that is growing week on week & word of mouth has created more hours. I don't care about me. I have the brain to deal with paperwork & I dont bend to scare tactics because that's not in my nature. I might get scared but I will get up & fight & do my homework & flatten the bullshit that gets in my way.
    Not everybody can do that though.
    There are so many people with physical disabilities who cannot work & they are being forced to find work & that is wrong. Its a very messed up system.
    Suicide is through the roof. The housing crisis is off the scale. Mental health isn't taken into consideration unless you have a knife in your hand or a receipt for heavy duty rope.
    When they fully role this system out its gonna be carnage.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket

Sex
    Female
    Just mark my words & come back to this post every 6 months. The shit will hit the fan I promise you.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Sootyfoot

Sex
    Female
    I can't groovy your post, Roamer, (the second above) because you're right, it's bloody awful. I'm certain that it is a deliberate means to thin out the useless (to the economy) folks. Eugenics by any other name.
    If men bore wings and had black feathers, few would be intelligent enough to be crows.

Sex
    Female

Originally Posted by Boaty McBoatface
    I like the idea of a fixed income for everyone, regardless of their circumstances, because it will dramatically reduce the costs of administering the current system and give everyone a safety net. However, I saw a figure that 1 worker in 5 actually works for the civil service, so a lot of people will be looking for a new job.

Another problem, that would need a political tsunami to solve, is the huge differences in the costs of living across the UK. People in low paid jobs in London could still struggle, but there isn't enough housing or work elsewhere for them to move to. I'm not sure supply / demand would push their wages up sufficiently.

For me personally it would be fantastic, but I'm in a position that most aren't so lucky to be in.
    The area is catered for. Thats just local housing allowance. It varies. It's a million miles off what the ACTUAL rent is in any area.

What makes me wild is that everybody is only a second away from shit happening. People need to be careful on those high horses coz they are gonna look a bit silly when the girth slips.
    Last edited by Roamer; 16-02--2017 at 07:41 PM.

Sex
    Female

I can't groovy your post, Roamer, (the second above) because you're right, it's bloody awful. I'm certain that it is a deliberate means to thin out the useless (to the economy) folks. Eugenics by any other name.
    I get the theory behind it but it really does not work in practice.

Breaks my heart what I read on a daily basis. You can't help these people! They are doomed.

Sex
    Female
    I'm not talking about media stories. I'm talking about the poor bastards who don't have the strength for all that.
    Real people who have spent a lifetime paying into a "system" that changed the goalposts & LET THEM DOWN is what I'm on about.

What happens to me if I get ill? I just slope off & die quickly & quietly in a corner do I ?
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, likahamadoolihan

Sex
    Female
    Thank God I'm not close to my parents
    you're expected to be a carer & work when they sleep to make ends meet.
    I'll walk on fckn water too when I've got five minutes shall I?

IDS said you gotta out that wheelchair gran
    let's be having you ... mind the step

Sex
    Female
    I was full time carer for my mum until we lost her. I now do the same job for my sister. It's shite, frankly.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, likahamadoolihan, Miss_bee, Sootyfoot, Wulfie, yazz

I was full time carer for my mum until we lost her. I now do the same job for my sister. It's shite, frankly.
    You're absolutely admirable and fantastic miss Parrotandcrow !
    Last edited by likahamadoolihan; 17-02--2017 at 12:44 AM.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, ma bungo, ursus, Wulfie, yazz

Sex
    Female
    I'd be a crap carer with people

Yet I would crash the car ten times out of ten for any animal in front of my tyres.

I wish the majority of my family dead on a daily basis. I have done since my twenties. When I tell you I wont blink I really do mean that. I won't flinch. All I will feel is relief. A huge great sense of relief that they are dead & buried.

My aim is to outlive the bastards & dance on their grave.
    The following users think this post is groovy: wurzel

Sex
    Female
    You might surprise yourself, Roamer. I always thought the same way, but I discovered that it is a very satisfying thing to do. I worked for a while in a home, which was a horrific place, but the inmates - and I chose that word deliberately - were wonderful and I made some very strong friendships.

Sex
    Female
    Anyway
    lets stick to the topic.

People are now committing suicide and surrounding themselves with the shitty lies that government have sent them in writing.
    It's growing week on week
    Diabolical words from the powers that be that will come back to haunt them.
    A tory would be lucky if I even spoke to them.

Sex
    Female

You might surprise yourself, Roamer. I always thought the same way, but I discovered that it is a very satisfying thing to do. I worked for a while in a home, which was a horrific place, but the inmates - and I chose that word deliberately - were wonderful and I made some very strong friendships.
    I'm not good with people. I could look after a stranger in need for a certain amount of time but I'm not cut out for it long term. I dont know how people do it?
    I couldn't look after someone that was going to die. Why would I? I wasn't born to be bloody hurt over & over & over again.
    I get fragile when things go wrong
    Plus I was born to fight! I don't do all that dying stuff & poorly stuff
    far easier to take no notice.

Sex
    Female
    I know what "the system" is doing to good people who have spent their whole life paying into it. I know what it does to the disabled, to the mentally ill, to the vulnerable, to working single women with more than two kids.
    I see that it is a system designed to create failure.
    It has been VERY well thought out by VERY VERY clever people who will suÁceed regardless of the cost to humanity.

Get your hands off the button Paul
    I'm just having a moment.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, zendaze

Sex
    Female
    I don't know how to help these people. I go to sleep with them etched in my brain, I have bad dreams, I wake up sweating & angry. I don't understand why good people are made to suffer. I don't understand the cruelty & the way they are being treated.
    It feels unfair.
    Then I get this other side of me which just shuts it all down & I end up switching off from everything & everyone.

I can't find a balance anymore.

I have to turn my back & concentrate on me & my girl or I will end up ill. I wasn't built to fight the world.

I guess all the people who need help will eventually shut up & die quietly & become just another statistic.

WARNING TO TORY VOTERS - Don't even speak to me
    coz I will take your little linkys & your bullshit & shove it so far up your arse

Okay I'm going now

Coming out of EU is a terrible mistake. The leave vote was by and large a knee-jerk reaction to imigration. For virtually no other reason people voted out.
    Beware big bro! George Orwell seen it all coming!

The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, ma bungo

What is universal credit?......I almost got excited then remembered its a means tested and mean approach to rebranding payments by the SS so they sound improved whilst leaping in a negative direction.

Sex
    Female
    I also think youd be great caring for others Roamer,your wit,charm and exuding warmth...
    .The distinction you havent made clear is that it is your relations who are poisonous,game playing dickheads,who you wouldnt go near.I get it as I have the same sorts in my family.I have been told a lot of people have nice familys and they may not understand.

Originally Posted by Roamer
    I'd be a crap carer with people

Yet I would crash the car ten times out of ten for any animal in front of my tyres.

I wish the majority of my family dead on a daily basis. I have done since my twenties. When I tell you I wont blink I really do mean that. I won't flinch. All I will feel is relief. A huge great sense of relief that they are dead & buried.

My aim is to outlive the bastards & dance on their grave.

Originally Posted by Mikefc61
    Coming out of EU is a terrible mistake. The leave vote was by and large a knee-jerk reaction to imigration. For virtually no other reason people voted out.
    Wrong,fook the EU,they are just a bigger mob of over paid/un-elected gangsters,i love the normal people of Europe,i value each and every one of them and their own National diversity.Let us all have our own countries back,"vive la difference"
    At least once out of the grip of the EU,we can start to take our own corrupt arseholes to task.

Vote Grrrrreeeen.

The following users think this post is groovy: Red Dragon

Sex
    Male
    Not trying to stir the pot here but a genuine ask - what are reasons for staying in the EU?

My simplistic view of all this is that the EU consists of 28 "families".

Four of whom are employed (Germany, France, Italy and the UK) but one is actually working "off book" (Italy) and should actually declare bankruptcy. The remaining 24 are all out of work, up to their ears in debt and standing with their hands out.

Why should the 4 working "families" support the 24 out of work, debt ridden ones?
    "The European Union is just like a jigsaw puzzle, except the pieces all come from different puzzles". - Red Dragon

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us".
    - Calvin+Hobbes

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Male

Originally Posted by Mikefc61
    The EU is run by neo-liberal fascists. Always has been, ever since the economists who worked for Nazi Germany started it up when they were let out of prison early, after WW2. Using the economic blueprints taken from the failed Third Reich.
    German bankers and big big pharma companies run the EU, along with other big European multinationals. Try to ignore the neo-liberal facade, and look deeper. Look into the bloated lifestyle of the EU's top people, look at what they pay themselves, look at who they are and what they are. A big corrupt bureaucracy, hiding behind a facade of neo-liberalism.
    The following users think this post is groovy: likahamadoolihan, nomis, zendaze