THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive without your donations! We have over 18000 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. We appreciate that not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do run at a loss - so if you can afford to help then please donate. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I dont suppose ...

I dont know what eu politics have to do with universal credit.....is it because it sounds so much better than it is or because its dreamed up by greedy people pretending otherwise......doh.....I dont get the connection!

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Red Dragon
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Not trying to stir the pot here but a genuine ask - what are reasons for staying in the EU?

My simplistic view of all this is that the EU consists of 28 "families".

Four of whom are employed (Germany, France, Italy and the UK) but one is actually working "off book" (Italy) and should actually declare bankruptcy. The remaining 24 are all out of work, up to their ears in debt and standing with their hands out.

Why should the 4 working "families" support the 24 out of work, debt ridden ones?
    Because Banking/Corporate elements in those 4 families caused the debt in the first place maybe? the people who have trashed everything think they have got away with it,they havn`t.The greed will catch them up and eat them alive in the end.

The main reason to stay in EU in my opinion is the european court of human rights. Without it I fear some rights we take for granted will slowly be taken away from us.

Heavenly Creature
    You're not confusing this:

with this, are you? Lots of people do:

Many states not in the EU belong to the European Court of Human Rights, it is quite a separate entity, although people tend to think it is part of the EU, probably because the word 'European' appears in its title.
    A bit about it, and its history:
    "The European Court of Human Rights (ECHR or ECtHR;
    : Cour européenne des droits de l’homme) is a
    or international court established by the
    . It hears applications alleging that a contracting state has breached one or more of the
    provisions concerning civil and
    set out in the Convention and its protocols. An application can be lodged by an individual, a group of individuals or one or more of the other contracting states, and, besides judgments, the Court can also issue advisory opinions. The Convention was adopted within the context of the
    , and all of its
    are contracting parties to the Convention. The Court is based in
    ."

The 47 member states can be found here; many of them are not members of the EU:

The following users think this post is groovy: likahamadoolihan