THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website is perpetually in arrears & will not survive without regular donations! Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do have over 18000 members & if just half of you donated we would never have to worry about money again. We value your support, so if you can afford it please stop us worrying by making a donation. There is a thread on running costs here.

Thread: Nature Jesus - Supernature Jesus

Nature Jesus - Supernature Jesus

No other religion has a natural and a supernatural sign as its main sign. The cross is a natural symbol - to get out of bed in the morning is a cross. To cook breakfast is a cross. To take a step is a cross (you have to feel the weight of your foot). Then it's also a supernatural sign because Jesus claims to be of divine origin. Nothing can beat the cross.

Walking back to happiness ma bungo's Avatar
    Naughts can beat the cross ! I am not sure I understand your post , but welcome to Hippy land.
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Not sure I do either.

I have a feeling that he won't be back.
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Not all who wander are lost

Welcome aboard. We won't be cross if you stay or go. We is happy hippies. A satellite Hippy shone his van headlights down upon a lost depressive hippy crew. Shouting in a soft meaningful machine code.... "be Hippy lite and shine light in all the dark corners of hippydom" we bring the world down when we are down & cross with each other. I think there was some other cross he was referring to. So many crosses.
    even a gypsy caravan is too much settling down.

The following users think this post is groovy: Paul, Wulfie

Heavenly Creature itinerant child's Avatar
    I thought that the cross used through christianity was a represenatation of the suffering that jesus suffered when crucified upon the cross.
    Pre-christianity was a different matter however with the cross used in much older civilizations such as the the celts and further back again the early egyptians.
    It was a very powerful part of symbology for quite a few of the old pagan beliefs and was held in awe for its spiritual significance.

As is a re-occurance with christianity,they decided to take it on as theirs,as they did with events like christmas moving up the slot to try and steal the glory of the solstice festival.

But yes,getting away from any christian mis representations,I agree that it is an impressive symbol,one that everyone knows.
    anything is possible,that my friends is a mathematical certainty ;-)

Originally Posted by EliRotello
    No other religion has a natural and a supernatural sign as its main sign. The cross is a natural symbol - to get out of bed in the morning is a cross. To cook breakfast is a cross. To take a step is a cross (you have to feel the weight of your foot). Then it's also a supernatural sign because Jesus claims to be of divine origin. Nothing can beat the cross.
    Well I've read this post while both sober and under the affluence of incohol
    but still don't know what it means, how is cooking a full English a cross?
    Never judge someone by the opinion of others.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Wulfie

Heavenly Creature
    You get cross with yourself cooking a full English, because your conscience keeps reminding you that a bowl of bulgar or porridge is much more healthy....