THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive without your donations! We have over 18000 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. We appreciate that not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do run at a loss - so if you can afford to help then please donate. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: What do you do for a living?

Heavenly Creature itinerant child's Avatar
    I had forgotten all about buzby,indeed the bringing back of him gets my vote
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    anything is possible,that my friends is a mathematical certainty ;-)

Not Quite a Noobie
    I work for a well known DIY retailer on the shopfloor - 20 hours a week at minimum wage. It's loads of money for me and enough to live on quite happily. And although the rota can be a bit shit the job has no stress whatsoever and the people I work with are very friendly and relaxed.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Brynhyffryd, Cobra, cricket, Ecobob, frame69, itinerant child, Lightbringer, NomadicRT, verticalis48

Tuning In
    My job is staying alive for as long as possible cause I enjoy it, but to earn spending tokens I make horse harness and tack.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Brynhyffryd, cricket, dollybassett, groove, nicklincs, NomadicRT, verticalis48, Wulfie

Not Quite a Noobie
    I daytrade the stockmarket. I haven't made my millions yet, but it's kept me out of the rat race for a while so far. Here's an office from last year:

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Levey, ursus, yazz

Originally Posted by hippydax
    I daytrade the stockmarket. I haven't made my millions yet, but it's kept me out of the rat race for a while so far. Here's an office from last year:

My kinda office that
    Those Mountains that you're carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

I'm not able to work, nor do I wish to because my illness won't allow it, and I enjoy my freedom =) The only "work" I do is helping people out with themselves.
    Love everyone, even those who hate you, because they need your love the most.

Originally Posted by hippydax

As offices go,that is not a bad one at all,I am very impressed with the wall paper that gives you the feeling that you are sat outside
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, ma bungo, marshlander, oddballdave

Not Quite a Noobie
    Haha, yeah my employers pretty flexible with parking arrangements and office drinking too
    The following users think this post is groovy: Sootyfoot

OOOH,you mean that is a bottle of rosé and not a peach squash,am I shocked

I was wondering how he tows that 'desk ' around , it appears to be wheel-less ..........
    The following users think this post is groovy: Dix les Faites, itinerant child, Sootyfoot, verticalis48

Now you are being wheely daft
    The following users think this post is groovy: verticalis48

What do you do for a living?

IT that's a deskpicably poor attempt at a joke...

I'll get me coat...
    Those Mountains that you're carrying, you were only supposed to climb.
    The following users think this post is groovy: itinerant child, verticalis48

Originally Posted by Sootyfoot
    IT that's a deskpicably poor attempt at a joke...

I'll get me coat...

Grab mine whilst you are at the coat rack
    The following users think this post is groovy: Sootyfoot, verticalis48

Originally Posted by history
    outdoor pursuit instructor,
    anything to do with fiberglass. repairs etc
    Mainly grp roofing

history, would you mind having a chat with me about the outdoor pursuits part please, my 19yr old daughter wants to get into this as a career....

Originally Posted by wizard1luv
    My job is staying alive for as long as possible cause I enjoy it, but to earn spending tokens I make horse harness and tack.
    You has one of my dream jobs....but stayin alive is pretty cool too.
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...
    The following users think this post is groovy: wizard1luv

Health & Safety Officer.Re thinking a career change soon.

I am an Executive Drifter, I move jobs every year or two, I really envy people who have found their dream job.
    Form is nothingness and nothingness is form.

The following users think this post is groovy: Sootyfoot, verticalis48

Heavenly Creature

Originally Posted by Cobra
    Health & Safety Officer.Re thinking a career change soon.
    Doesn't that pay really well? I know on guys on £50,000+, and their wives in H&S, easily out earn them
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra

UK Hippy Reiki Doula Editor Sarah's Avatar
    I'm a Doula for Life

I support people by meeting them where they are at in their lives with whatever they need support with. At the moment I've just come off call from supporting at a homebirth, I have regular earlyyears child-care clients and am the admin/secretarial support for a friend's business. Later in the year I'll be collaborating with the same friend on writing an end of life doula course. I'm hoping to take on a few clients that have adult care needs soon. I love the variety of my work
    If we are to heal the planet, we must begin by healing birthing.
    The following users think this post is groovy: glowingsunsets, nicklincs

Heavenly Creature
    odd job man mostly unpaid married into a large family
    The following users think this post is groovy: Ecobob, Sootyfoot, verticalis48

I did my 50 + years.... apprentice millwright - steeplejack - steel erector - rigger - driver /operator of most machines with hydraulics and very often either foreman / supervisor and even a contracts manager..... have worked on 5 continents , and when I was a kid they told me that " hard work never hurt anybody" Ha Ha and I believed them .......Now I am the carer for my youngest son (17) with downs syndrome and the other half goes to work ........Yesss!
    Last edited by Dix les Faites; 27-02--2017 at 12:03 AM.

I work as a Reiki Practitioner and Life Coach, my work involves undertaking Reiki Treatments, I work with people who have cancer, MS suffers, mental health issues (depression and anxiety), end of life care, I also work with bereaved clients (people and pets), I also work with horses and dogs. My life coaching work involves working with newly single/divorced people, also people who are wanting to make major changes to their lives, my job is so varied, every week is different.
    The following users think this post is groovy: glowingsunsets, nicklincs, NomadicRT, parrotandcrow

Originally Posted by Uncle jhad
    Doesn't that pay really well? I know on guys on £50,000+, and their wives in H&S, easily out earn them

£50,000?Yeah I wish UJ! I work for a Bakery Manufacturer,started on agency,on a production line.Was made perm 18 mths ago,and then was asked to become a H&S Officer.I guess they figured as I had previously worked as a Catering Manager for the NHS,I may have needed something abit more "substantial"to do!lol In reality I was actually quite happy working on a production line,but was told on the grapevine that if I declined the offer of H&S Officer,the manager could make my life,well not so nice,so I reluctantly agreed to it.......for now anyway.

Cobra, where abouts are you? Place im at is looking for maternity cover for a health and safety advisor for a year if a change of employer is an option?
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra