THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive at the current donation rate! We currently have over 17000 members & if everyone donated we would never need to ask for money again. Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford it please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: What do you do for a living?

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Male

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Cobra
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

50,000?Yeah I wish UJ! I work for a Bakery Manufacturer,started on agency,on a production line.Was made perm 18 mths ago,and then was asked to become a H&S Officer.I guess they figured as I had previously worked as a Catering Manager for the NHS,I may have needed something abit more "substantial"to do!lol In reality I was actually quite happy working on a production line,but was told on the grapevine that if I declined the offer of H&S Officer,the manager could make my life,well not so nice,so I reluctantly agreed to it.......for now anyway.
    Gotcha, I think the ladies I was referring to were managers or something
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra

Sex
    Female
    I work in a school supporting children with Special Needs or behavioural difficulties who find it hard to be in the classroom. I get to do cool stuff like playdoh, painting and music.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, dollybassett, ma bungo, Sootyfoot

Originally Posted by Willowstars
    I work in a school supporting children with Special Needs or behavioural difficulties who find it hard to be in the classroom. I get to do cool stuff like playdoh, painting and music.
    That does sound pretty awesome Willowstars. How did you get into that line of work? Do you need a lot of qualifications?

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Male
    I was once known as a jaadoogar, or jaadoo sahib, I soon stopped all that sahib nonsense, but they insisted on still calling me Jaadoo

Hi everyone. I work part time as Co-Director of a learning disability charity. The rest of my time I am self employed as an oil painter. I paint only with my fingers and no brushes! The charity Directorship keeps the wolf away from the door as I am never going to make a fortune from art... who does? But I am happy and value the time that part time working offers over money. nicksartworks.co.uk if you want to see what my finger painted work looks like. Cheers. Nick
    The following users think this post is groovy: dollybassett, frame69, nicklincs, Sootyfoot

Sex
    Male
    Just looked on your website nickmozz, some lovely work. I worked in Hounslow in LD too, small world.
    The following users think this post is groovy: dollybassett

Sex
    Female
    Hi Rick69,Thanks for letting me know.I'm in Wilts,and pretty settled for now where we live.(We've moved around the country for years lol).I'm looking a career change,and if/when that happens,I'll go for becoming a yoga teacher.Thanks anyway though,really nice to know folk think about you and help you out.Much appreciated
    The following users think this post is groovy: dollybassett, Rick69

Turning On
    Sex
    Male
    I do mobile car body repair, paint spraying, alloy wheel refurb' s etc. only do a few jobs a week these days as I'm getting to old for it

Originally Posted by nicklincs
    Just looked on your website nickmozz, some lovely work. I worked in Hounslow in LD too, small world.
    Hi nicklincs. Thanks for your comments about my artworks. Ha! My organisation is an LD charity based in Hounslow too. Looks like you've moved away and are doing different things now.
    The following users think this post is groovy: nicklincs

Turning On
    Sex
    Male
    Started as a paperboy at 11,worked in a furniture shop,took an apprentice as a carpenter and joiner for four years,worked in various hotels and restuarants here and abroad started as a dish washer and finished as a breakfast chef,opened a stall on Portobello road selling collectables for 15years,motorbike courier, trading at festivals, and finally picking up my first real job carpentry and joinery.
    Every successfull employment venture takes hard work, not just sweat and tears but fresh ideas (like what does sell etc) and to be strict with spending for the business. often friends i worked along with would spend grands to boost their profile with a new van perhaps or buy high end items before doing any research and losing money. My priority would be to buy cheap and make at least 4 times what i paid, with more expensive items doubling the price paid, the money made would stay in the business untill at such time we could cash in and do something different.
    i now sell bicycles on ebay,in London where i live there has a big appetite for bicycles,trouble is buying bicycles are expensive in London.
    if you are reading this and you live outside of London with acces to cheap bikes and have family or friends in London try talking to them into opening an ebay account for you as living in london. From there its just a matter of buying cheap bikes in the counties,transport them to london in bulk and start listing.Bicycles on average sell from between 50%-75% more in London.
    A Raleigh Caprice sell for around 80- 100 final bid price, you do the maths.

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Male
    Can't we just get a load of cheap bikes, bring them to London, and sell 'em to you?

Sex
    Male
    There was an auction here selling bikes at five to ten quid for a standard if it was a bit special it would maybe go twenty to thirty...

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Male

Originally Posted by goody2shoes
    A Raleigh Caprice sell for around 80- 100 final bid price, you do the maths.
    gave one away recently, a really nice one. You would need a lot of them to make it worthwhile.

Unless you got them really cheap, apparently there was a raid on Lampeter (a Welsh town with lots of students) some years ago, an old furniture lorry with the back doors open was driven around town and someone just picked up evry bike which wasn't attached to anything and threw it in. Maybe they were selling them in London too.

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Male
    Cambridge has a large bike turnover too

Sex
    Male
    I work installing control equipment into Breweries, Not very hippy like but I enjoy it.