THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive without your donations! We have over 18000 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. We appreciate that not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do run at a loss - so if you can afford to help then please donate. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: URGENT! Stop Brighton making it illegal to live in a van

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfie View Post
    As for bikes being seized and crushed, if peeps can't behave then tough. As a biker of 47yrs I'm all in favour of these rulings when it comes down to antisocial behaviour from idiot bikers as it tars the rest of us with the same brush. The Leeds Ride Out was sheer lunacy. What do you expect the council to do ! You don't tear up tarmac in town, it's asking for it.

You're not very intelligent then,read what I posted...it's polar opposite from what you assumed and said. Untitled.png

Been a member on here for a good while, hardly post due to kneejerkers like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfie View Post
    As for bikes being seized and crushed, if peeps can't behave then tough. As a biker of 47yrs I'm all in favour of these rulings when it comes down to antisocial behaviour from idiot bikers as it tars the rest of us with the same brush. The Leeds Ride Out was sheer lunacy. What do you expect the council to do ! You don't tear up tarmac in town, it's asking for it.
    I expect the council to use the laws which already exist.
    I expect the local police force to implement those laws.

I expect the local neighbourhood to understand that not every hoon on a motorcycle is necessarily a problem.

I do not expect the council to pass a draconian measure valid for five years, without allowing for public discussion.

Sadly, this was outside the area I live in so I couldn't do anything about it.

Birmingham Council created an anti-cruising order to defeat the yoof who would fill a car park with modified cars, then cruise to another car park.
    My local council wanted to do the same (it was easier to copy someone else )

They were persuaded that the laws already in place would suffice, local PCSO's attended the meets, chatted to the drivers and casually mentioned that traffic officers would be around for the next few months, so as long as all vehicles were legal, and there was no disruption to local traffic, no litter left, no excessive noise, etc etc.

Worked well, the local yoof get to meet up. No draconian law. AND the locals are OK that there is a large influx of funny cars in the summer.
    The local police get to practice vehicle enforcement.

But it has to come from local residents.

The following users think this post is groovy: Chazz, Offgrid hero, Scumgrinder, wanderingwill

Heavenly Creature
    Sadly that's the way it is, be it with bikers, the homeless or van dwellers. The few spoil it for the majority.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Colin M, Scumgrinder, Wulfie

the devil's avocado Moderator Paul's Avatar
    Looks like they need another 128 signatures to get to 2000:

https://www.change.org/p/peter-castl...-across-the-uk
    The following users think this post is groovy: Scumgrinder

Quote Originally Posted by vanwoman84 View Post
    Sadly that's the way it is, be it with bikers, the homeless or van dwellers. The few spoil it for the majority.
    Same thing has sadly led to restrictions on wild camping on both sides of Loch Lomond

http://www.lochlomond-trossachs.org/...mping/go-wild/

Signed ✌

http://www.gethampshire.co.uk/news/l...fines-12636285

Aldershot Council is removing sleeping in public places from its order

signed
    Last edited by Big Millie; 12-03--2017 at 08:56 PM.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Chazz, oddballdave

Quote Originally Posted by vanwoman84 View Post
    This needs to reach 2000! 1279 so far.
    How do I sign? This is as far as I can get and not at all sure how to sign? Is it electronic signature? Forgive my ignorance but I agree that as many people as possible should sign!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikefc61 View Post
    How do I sign? This is as far as I can get and not at all sure how to sign? Is it electronic signature? Forgive my ignorance but I agree that as many people as possible should sign!
    https://www.change.org/p/peter-castl...src-reason_msg

Heavenly Creature
    There's a button somewhere on the page that says Sign This Petition. On the mobile version, it's very obvious.
    Only 18 signatures needed for the 2000!

Depending on getting rid of a cold, my friend April (Wyrd Sisters) will be playing at a benefit gig this Saturday in Brighton against this PSPO.

Is anyone living near enough and wanting to go?

Many local bands playing For free throughout the day into the evening raising awareness and money to lobby against Public Space Protection Order's

- INSIDE LIVE BANDS -

10:20 – Mad Dog Collective
    9:30 – Rat Bag
    8:40 – Wyrd Sisters
    8:00 – The Fleas
    7:20 – Ebola-La’s
    6:40 – Pussy Liquor
    6:00 – TBC
    5:20 – Human Leather
    4:50 – Talks on Pspo/Fracking/Standing Rock
    4:20 – Nevina
    3:40 – Ru-Dilator
    3:00 – Nelson Navaro
    2:20 – Oisin Hendricks
    2:00 – Mage Mysteria

OUTSIDE IN THE GARDEN WERE HAVING AN OPEN MIC FROM MIDDAY UNTIL 6PM

ALL AGES WELCOME UNTIL 8PM THEN +18

2 DONATION ON THE DOOR

FOOD SERVED THROUGHOUT THE DAY

- What does PSPO mean?? -

http://manifestoclub.info/brighton-p...d-camper-vans/

ORGANISED BY:

NFA RESIDENTS:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1847370702214470/

&

RECLAIM EARTH SOVEREIGNTY

-------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.evensi.uk/anti-pspo-all-dayer-benefit-gig-at-the-admiral-the-admiral/201280362

Heavenly Creature
    The petition now has 2001 signatures! I can't find out if or when it's being delivered though.

There's many more signatures on paper and its being handed in tomorrow according to the NFA Residents Assoc.

Edit: They've decided to delay handing it in till Thursday.
    Last edited by Chazz; 14-03--2017 at 08:47 PM. Reason: update

Heavenly Creature
    Great news! How many signatures in all then?

I saw one persons estimate of nearly 3,000. Also I guess some people will hand in petition sheets at the last moment, so it may rise.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Colin M

is there a pertition to stop this from happening.
    as there are not enough housing for us and housing is avaiable does not take pets which leaves me and my family and assistant dogs out on our ear if this roles out i am praying this can be stopped before anything esle happens
    Quote Originally Posted by Diddekoi View Post
    New law banning mobile living in Brighton will be rolled out across the country if not nipped in the bud.

https://www.change.org/p/peter-castl...-across-the-uk

Heavenly Creature
    Quote Originally Posted by Budden0323 View Post
    is there a pertition to stop this from happening.
    Do you mean where is the petition or will the petition do any good?
    If it's the former, please see the first post, the one you actually quoted, it has a link to the petition.
    If it's the latter, who knows if it will do any good? You have to try.

Hi again, sorry, I've been away (with the fairies).

I'd like to thank Paul very much for realising the importance of this matter, breaking his admirable position of neutrality, and giving this the attention it deserves; also VanWoman84 for keeping the ball rolling.

I've just been reading this thread like a tense but exciting novel, with the happy ending of over 2000 signatures. Well done to everyone for engaging in this!

It's very heartening to read the stories of PSPOs being quashed in certain areas, and also to hear that Liberty have taken up the fight, and that there is a protest festival in Brighton this weekend.

I first learned of this petition from a post in the FB group 'Brighton Van Dwellers'. The poster said 2000 names will bring about a 'discussion', rather than automatic implementation of the laws (We should look into how some of our more presentable members could attend such a meeting). Some people here have said that a petition won't do much. I say it's the least we can do while we work on other tactics. If anyone has any better ideas, let's hear them.

Also, remember PSPOs affect every citizen in the country, not just us, so we need to spread this info into the wider communities and media organs.
    I don't normally do politics, but we seem to have moved into a climate of open fascism, albeit by stealth.
    Last edited by Diddekoi; 15-03--2017 at 08:26 PM.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Chazz, Paul, Uncle jhad

The petition was handed in yesterday by the No Fixed Abode Residents Association. No-one has said the final total yet and I hate to keep pestering them with questions

A deputation to the Council is being organised and they're asking for people nearby to help make it as bigger turnout as possible at the full council meeting on April 6th. Tomorrow there's the day long Benefit gig to raise funds for this and anti fracking.

If you're having a demo, it doesn't help to mix one cause with another.

If you're in touch with Brighton, as you seem to be, I suggest you get fully involved and try to see things through personally, if no-one else is. Or at least try to encourage someone who would be good at it.
    Don't be afraid to ask questions and challenge people, or the council will just pick up the ball and run with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Diddekoi View Post
    If you're having a demo, it doesn't help to mix one cause with another.

I beg to differ , have look at this , actually quite hilarious 9poor sound quality for first minute or so but worth sticking with ) ..
    The following users think this post is groovy: parrotandcrow, Uncle jhad

That was the funniest half hour we've had in ages. Brilliant!

Heavenly Creature parrotandcrow's Avatar
    Well worth the watch!
    If men bore wings and had black feathers, few would be intelligent enough to be crows.