THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive without your donations! We have over 18000 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. We appreciate that not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do run at a loss - so if you can afford to help then please donate. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Thread: Random pics

Random pics

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    old pic of my old street

The following users think this post is groovy: nicklincs, parrotandcrow, ursus, wurzel

Do you miss it Mike? My dad loves showing me old photos from back in his day. His face always lights up.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Mikefc61

Would like to take the bus for a ride and yes I do miss it. Talking to my bro recently he hit me with this quote, " Nostalgia is death" quite some food for thought!

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Mikefc61

old pic of my old street
    Is that Bootle, Mike?
    Never judge someone by the opinion of others.

Originally Posted by wurzel
    Is that Bootle, Mike?
    Wow man sure is. Bottom of bedford rd and beatrice st. Stanley rd. You must know the area?

Wow man sure is. Bottom of bedford rd and beatrice st. Stanley rd. You must know the area?
    Kind of, I used to work in Birkenhead at the train maintenance depot, every other week I was van driver and used to travel daily between there and Hall Rd depot in Crosby, so used to tootle around there a bit

Ah I see. You still around northwest?

Ah I see. You still around northwest?
    That photo at least 40 yr old!

Yeah, I live down near the lions and tigers lol

Knowsley then? Kirkby

Nearly!
    Prescot, half a mile from the entrance of the park.

Originally Posted by wurzel
    Nearly!
    Prescot, half a mile from the entrance of the park.
    Still in bootle but nearer the docks

The following users think this post is groovy: wurzel

Heavenly Creature

old pic of my old street
    Reminds me of the 'on the buses' series......... 'Get that bus out Butler'

Imagine converting one of these. Love this bus type.

Imagine converting one of these. Love this bus type.
    reminds me of this one ....

Remember these buses well. Good old days!

this is one of my bus ' Bubbles' before retiring from boring active service ...

Do you have a post conversion pic?

many

The following users think this post is groovy: wanderingwill, Wulfie, wurzel

The following users think this post is groovy: ma bungo, wanderingwill

Thanks, looks great!

How is it with fuel?

about 25 to the gallon , its a 4 ltr perkins turbo , heres the inside layout (pic from ebay when i bought it ) , that microwave is gone as is the fridge and cupboard underneath to make room for my burner ...

The following users think this post is groovy: Mikefc61, wurzel

Feeling envious lol. Not driven for 15yrs but seeing different vans on site making me wanna hit the road. Great stuff.