THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website is perpetually in arrears & will not survive without regular donations! Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do have over 18000 members & if just half of you donated we would never have to worry about money again. We value your support, so if you can afford it please stop us worrying by making a donation. There is a thread on running costs here.

Thread: Britain's Bunged Up

Britain's Bunged Up

Bunged Up_170220-medium.jpg

An interesting piece and a good reason for most folk in the west to change their diet??

Please discuss.
    "The European Union is just like a jigsaw puzzle, except the pieces all come from different puzzles". - Red Dragon

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us".
    - Calvin+Hobbes

You can't beat drinking 6 to 8 of your favourite tinnies daily to keep you regular. All those years drinking amber nectar and the first thing to do every morning, after waking up in the bus, putting kettle on for a cuppa, was go dig a hole.

These days it's not a diet. It's an assault on the guts. Modern living my arse
    even a gypsy caravan is too much settling down.

I'm hardly surprised when you consider most of the junk that passes for food contains stuff like modified corn starch, or highly processed flour, glucose fructose syrup / corn syrup, and not forgetting the refined vegetable oils that the body can't shift.

Perhaps the answer is as simple as staying off the takeaways, not buying processed ready meals and cooking your own from scratch instead.
    Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.
    The following users think this post is groovy: aman, dollybassett, Duckman, ma bungo, marshlander, nicklincs, NomadicRT, nomis, Petew, quintessence, Red Dragon, Rick69, Wulfie

Quote Originally Posted by Ecobob View Post
    I'm hardly surprised when you consider most of the junk that passes for food contains stuff like modified corn starch, or highly processed flour, glucose fructose syrup / corn syrup, and not forgetting the refined vegetable oils that the body can't shift.

Perhaps the answer is as simple as staying off the takeaways, not buying processed ready meals and cooking your own from scratch instead.
    Far to complicated for some.

The trouble is, you think you have time.

The following users think this post is groovy: Ecobob, NomadicRT

I dont have any problems with meat dairy or any of the other traditional triggers except shop bread and bought pastry products....and in the last years a allergy to garlic...but since most garlic now comes from china im beginning to wonder what they do to it there.
    I had some organic french garlic recently and wasnt upset at all by it.

Ive always eaten organically but spent the last few years avoiding bread as much as possible -except my own- and feel a lot better for it.Since most Brit chocolate makers are now bunging loads of palm oil and corn syrup into their products ive stopped eating those too due to unpleasant digestive side effects.

No doubt in my mind that we are unhealthier as a natio because of the garbage we're sold that masquerades as food.
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...
    The following users think this post is groovy: Wulfie

One secret to being regular is the onion family, got told that by old folk as a sprogg and they're right. Onion, leek, loads of garlic whether fried, boiled or whatever seems to produce soft stools, a tad windy but certainly no blockages.
    Not all who wander are lost

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfie View Post
    One secret to being regular is the onion family, got told that by old folk as a sprogg and they're right. Onion, leek, loads of garlic whether fried, boiled or whatever seems to produce soft stools, a tad windy but certainly no blockages.
    Is that brown stuff around your face anything to do with your onion eating habits?

Truth must be told but I sincerely hope not.
    "The European Union is just like a jigsaw puzzle, except the pieces all come from different puzzles". - Red Dragon

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us".
    - Calvin+Hobbes

@NomadicRT - I'm not really into chocolate but can always manage a piece or two if it's made by Celtic. They are a Free From chocolate company in Ireland and their products are brilliant.

Here's one example - http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/sho...e-bar-60083137

Sainsbury do their chocolate mints in some of their stores, labelled as Sainsbury Free From, and those mints really are something else.

- Calvin+Hobbes
    The following users think this post is groovy: NomadicRT

Is that brown stuff around your face anything to do with your onion eating habits?

Truth must be told but I sincerely hope not.
    Ouch........there goes another rib, not
    Not all who wander are lost

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dragon View Post
    @NomadicRT - I'm not really into chocolate but can always manage a piece or two if it's made by Celtic. They are a Free From chocolate company in Ireland and their products are brilliant.

Here's one example - http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/sho...e-bar-60083137

Sainsbury do their chocolate mints in some of their stores, labelled as Sainsbury Free From, and those mints really are something else.
    Thanks ill give it a go...i usually buy 70% cocoa bars of various makers lindt, green and blacks etc...now...the makers i used to like- cadburys nestle have been swallowed up by American candy companies and their products are shite and seem to have converted ours too.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Duckman

Good morning, you're through to the constipation helpline........ Please hold
    The following users think this post is groovy: quintessence, Wulfie

Quote Originally Posted by NomadicRT View Post
    I dont have any problems with meat dairy or any of the other traditional triggers except shop bread and bought pastry products....and in the last years a allergy to garlic...but since most garlic now comes from china im beginning to wonder what they do to it there.
    I had some organic french garlic recently and wasnt upset at all by it.

Ive always eaten organically but spent the last few years avoiding bread as much as possible -except my own- and feel a lot better for it.Since most Brit chocolate makers are now bunging loads of palm oil and corn syrup into their products ive stopped eating those too due to unpleasant digestive side effects.

No doubt in my mind that we are unhealthier as a natio because of the garbage we're sold that masquerades as food.
    What the Chinese do to garlic, you don't want to know. Yea, eat the French stuff.
    We all lead different lives.

Tbh if i know foodstuff comes from there i dont eat it..i bought some dog chews once and found out they were from China and they went in the trash before the dog got a look....just as well as a few months later there was a health warning concerning them. I read on reuters abyear or two back about some corrupt farmers growing veg on land contaminated by heavy metals.Besides we dont need to fly stuff half way round the world to eat it...thats my main disagreement.
    The following users think this post is groovy: ma bungo

For a great deal of my adult life I was sitting on the for 2-3 times a day sometimes more.It was in 2003 I switched to a wholefood diet. These days I rarely sit on the throne for more than once a day and and for less time. s for salt it turns out that I have hypo-tension (default low blood pressure) so I need to take salt to normalize my blood pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman View Post
    For a great deal of my adult life I was sitting on the for 2-3 times a day sometimes more.It was in 2003 I switched to a wholefood diet. These days I rarely sit on the throne for more than once a day and and for less time. s for salt it turns out that I have hypo-tension (default low blood pressure) so I need to take salt to normalize my blood pressure.
    I should have written sitting on the loo 2-3 times a a day.

untitled.png

Seven or eight of these daily will avoid this problem.

Frame.
    Poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another.
    The following users think this post is groovy: alices wonderland

Turning On
    To start with I'm in now way a vegetarian or vegan, but I do find our modern day lifestyle is killing us.
    I'm not quite 30 and I feel like I used to get sick frequently, this led me to start looking into nutrition. There is absolutely no doubt that our modern way of life is not only killing us it's destroying the planet.
    I can not preach tho as I still find myself eating meat ( not very often now) and I still eat the corn syrups etc. I am still coming to terms with it all.
    I feel that us Britain are very much the same as third world countries, by this I mean our nutritional diet is the same. Third world countries have little to no food thus making them bloated weak and deficient in all nutrients. Britain has a wealth of food on offer mainly branded foods filled with empty carbs, syrups and starches - adding little to no nutritional value to our diet and difficult to digest thus storing it as fat and making us bloated. The only difference is we have a health system that doctors think they can fix us with drugs, which is not the case it's just a mask.
    The human body is incredibly complex and I do believe that we have it wrong as a nation / world. The more scientific studies I read the more I do believe nutrition is the key to not only our health but our world problems like global warming, rainforest destruction etc. It's all linked.