Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Are you skint? 2017 Challenge

Same here,I sold some bits and made 200.and now half of that.has already gone on parts for MOT.The rest will be gone very shortly on the MOT work so back to square one...losing battle springs to mind.
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...

Well, I'm kind of using the money I've made as 'float'. I've bought a huge washing powder out of it, so hopefully saving a bit that way, instead of supermarket shopping. I've still got a flat full of clutter to get rid of, plus I have been buying bits to sell on, with fairly reasonable results. I've not actually lost any money, yet, anyway.

Heavenly Creature
    a friend of mine makes money on ebay buy selling michael jackson LP's, he gets 15 for them. its the well known ones you can buy online for 2, or from second hand shops for about the same. not a bad mark up if you can find decent condition ones to sell on

I spoke to somebody the other day who is a gardener in the summer, and sells books on eBay in the winter. He has made in excess of 60 grand in the last six years. Still only a small wage really though, per year.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Ecobob, nicklincs

My dislike of ebay is their fees that eat away at your profits,plus the inland revenue prowling the place.
    My main motivation of this was to give me extra cash to spend on getting my van how i want and so far not succeeding, but on the other hand ive just discovered somewhere local to me where i can get all kinds of vehicle bits for peanuts and im allowed to womble the bits they consider of no value,so whatever i do make when selling stuff is going to help me get far more done and at far less cost ,so its kind of a result.
    Last edited by NomadicRT; 16-07--2017 at 10:48 PM.
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...
    The following users think this post is groovy: nicklincs

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Miss_bee
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    I spoke to somebody the other day who is a gardener in the summer, and sells books on eBay in the winter. He has made in excess of 60 grand in the last six years. Still only a small wage really though, per year.
    Books are a funny thing on ebay, If they are out of print and desirable then they can go for good money, Others fail to sell for pennies. I sell whatever I can get my hands on, often stuff that sells for under a fiver, but as they say every bit helps.
    Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.
    The following users think this post is groovy: nicklincs