THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive at the current donation rate! We currently have over 17000 members & if everyone donated we would never need to ask for money again. Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford it please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Thread: Has anyone been to The Green Gathering Festival?

Has anyone been to The Green Gathering Festival?

As I haven't been myself I wanted to see who has been to the Green Gathering Festival and what was your experience?

Sex
    Male
    It's very good. Been twice in last 3 years and got tickets for this year. Good site, but quite hard to get onto. You have to park at the bottom of a hill and get a shuttle bus up to the park where the festival is held. About 10min drive up a lane, about 20-25min from car park walking.
    The site is large for the number of people there, plenty of open green space. There is no big stage like most modern festivals, but a few smaller stages. Very ethical, no big generators, all power comes from renewable sources.
    Lots of good music, talks, permaculture, campaign stalls and healing fields.
    Good, cheap food and drink.
    Friendly people, no excessive drinking and drug taking, a festival "beyond hedonism"
    Good kids area.
    And it's cheap compared to most of the other festivals.
    I have enjoyed it both years I went but would be a bit worried if it was very wet getting on or of the site.
    Last edited by gary; 23-02--2017 at 10:06 PM.

Walking back to happiness ma bungo's Avatar
    Sex
    Female
    Costs too much for me even though I am a local ! THC do 3 days for 25 no hidden extras . cheap food , cheap drink and for the people.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, wandering gypsy

Sex
    Male
    I went to the first one in '94 at Watchfield , dont remember much of it though sorry .
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by gary
    It's very good. Been twice in last 3 years and got tickets for this year. Good site, but quite hard to get onto. You have to park at the bottom of a hill and get a shuttle bus up to the park where the festival is held. About 10min drive up a lane, about 20-25min from car park walking.
    The site is large for the number of people there, plenty of open green space. There is no big stage like most modern festivals, but a few smaller stages. Very ethical, no big generators, all power comes from renewable sources.
    Lots of good music, talks, permaculture, campaign stalls and healing fields.
    Good, cheap food and drink.
    Friendly people, no excessive drinking and drug taking, a festival "beyond hedonism"
    Good kids area.
    And it's cheap compared to most of the other festivals.
    I have enjoyed it both years I went but would be a bit worried if it was very wet getting on or of the site.
    Wow thank you for the details. It sounds awesome plus I think I've made up my mind then. I can you imagine that it could be a difficult location to get too if it rains from what you have mentioned. I'm thinking as it will be quite a distance to the festival I may just drive instead of getting the train as it may be too much to carry and for a long distance.

Originally Posted by ma bungo
    Costs too much for me even though I am a local ! THC do 3 days for 25 no hidden extras . cheap food , cheap drink and for the people.
    Hi ma_bungo what is the THC and where is it based? I've never been to a festival before so excuse the questions.

Sex
    Female
    THC is 'The Beltane Bash' in Spring and 'Not the End of The World ' Festival end of August, run by The Horse Drawn Camp, they are as close as you will ever get to the old free festivals , and are run for the people not the . Live music from Horrible Entertainments, Sangers Traveling Stage. bars cafes , kidz area and all manner of wonders for an all in price off 25 inc camping in what you like and no extra for dogs.
    Held near Preston Bagget , Nr Henley in Arden
    The following users think this post is groovy: wandering gypsy, yazz

Originally Posted by ma bungo
    THC is 'The Beltane Bash' in Spring and 'Not the End of The World ' Festival end of August, run by The Horse Drawn Camp, they are as close as you will ever get to the old free festivals , and are run for the people not the . Live music from Horrible Entertainments, Sangers Traveling Stage. bars cafes , kidz area and all manner of wonders for an all in price off 25 inc camping in what you like and no extra for dogs.
    Held near Preston Bagget , Nr Henley in Arden
    Thank you for the explanation. I'll check it out if they have a website 😀

Sex
    Female
    Hi FT,we've been twice,and loved it.Nice vibe,easy going type festie.Good facilities,and usually fab entertainment.We'd be going ourselves this year but have already pre booked holidays from work to do other stuff.Have a great time,and let us know how you got on xoxox

Sex
    Female

Originally Posted by Free.spirit
    Thank you for the explanation. I'll check it out if they have a website 
    No website , but they are on FB

The following users think this post is groovy: Miss_bee